Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Howdy Horse - I'm wondering if your leaf picture/description is really just older leaves that aren't getting enough light anymore and dying. I've had otherwise healthy plants throw leaves that looked like that - and I'm pretty sure it was just poor light/old growth. Just a thought...

xlr8r, it could be, all the plants effected are older. Last night I sprayed all the clones w/ a cal/mag/kelp mix. This am, the WRs have more spots. None of the younger clones have them... I'm gonna lay off on that for a while!

Dude, that is over-watering combined with a ph problem relating to P-K uptake... usually do to O^2 def on roots, salts, and ph going up... That combined with larva eating your roots.....

I would flush the shit out of them hard rinsing the soil with kelp additave only... then I would let them dry out completely, while blowing a ton of fan air directly on the plants to dry out leaves... then I would cut anything with the spots off in like 10 days...

My 2 cents..... Show us what happens... :goodluck:

Dude, that is over-watering combined with a ph problem relating to P-K uptake... usually do to O^2 def on roots, salts, and ph going up... That combined with larva eating your roots.....

I would flush the shit out of them hard rinsing the soil with kelp additave only... then I would let them dry out completely, while blowing a ton of fan air directly on the plants to dry out leaves... then I would cut anything with the spots off in like 10 days...

My 2 cents..... Show us what happens... :goodluck:

Thanks for the 2 cents McCrakin! I did flush the vegging Flo and the WR clones with rain water.

The clones are in dirt mini hempies w/ perlite resevoirs, which I thought would work as a pH buffer, guess not! The WR clones are 8 weeks old, and have been showing the spots for about a week.

I guess I need to do some run off testing, too.

Do you think an H2O2 flush would help with the O2 def?

I've got Age Old kelp. What's the rationale with the kelp flush?

I'm going to upcan two of the WRs today, so I can get a good look at their roots. The mosquito dunk/NPS combo seems to have gotten rid of the flying gnats. I may be able to see if there's still any larvae.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep y'all posted.

Good luck Horse. Time to take the gloves off... or a horse's case, the shoes :thumb:

Aye, aye... or maybe neighhhhhh?

The roots on the clones looked great. Maybe the dirt hempy is perching the water table too high, though? Could be causing over watering?

I have run wicks in some of the big coco/dirt hempies, and they're not showing any problems other than me over loving them! So, maybe wicks are the way to go?

I think I need a research grant :grinjoint:

Thanks for checking in :thumb:

Thanks for the 2 cents McCrakin! I did flush the vegging Flo and the WR clones with rain water.

The clones are in dirt mini hempies w/ perlite resevoirs, which I thought would work as a pH buffer, guess not! The WR clones are 8 weeks old, and have been showing the spots for about a week.

I guess I need to do some run off testing, too.

Do you think an H2O2 flush would help with the O2 def?

I've got Age Old kelp. What's the rationale with the kelp flush?

I'm going to upcan two of the WRs today, so I can get a good look at their roots. The mosquito dunk/NPS combo seems to have gotten rid of the flying gnats. I may be able to see if there's still any larvae.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep y'all posted.

I have good water but the ph creeps up here in North Cali so I utilize the Kelp to bring PH down when I flush. I find that flushing with granulated black seaweed is my fix for every plant soil based problem out there. Its my reset button... for P, Mag, K, Cal, and Boron (def) 1st step. Then I run the special nute mix after a day of drying out with the kelp flush...

I even use it for over-watering o^2 (def) on roots. Say i get a plant that is sickly and drowning, (usually from the club) I would bring it home and kelp flush it first thing... Then I let it dry out after I flush. Then as the soil dries it doesn't have all sorts of salt and other problems with chemicals.

I would avoid h2o2 completely... You are better off sticking her into a larger medium full of better soil than to pour peroxide into the waterings.

Although I know you can add h2o2. its not even on my list because soil is supposed to be airy... my 2 cents...

Keep it going strong buddy.

I have good water but the ph creeps up here in North Cali so I utilize the Kelp to bring PH down when I flush. I find that flushing with granulated black seaweed is my fix for every plant soil based problem out there. Its my reset button... for P, Mag, K, Cal, and Boron (def) 1st step. Then I run the special nute mix after a day of drying out with the kelp flush...

I even use it for over-watering o^2 (def) on roots. Say i get a plant that is sickly and drowning, (usually from the club) I would bring it home and kelp flush it first thing... Then I let it dry out after I flush. Then as the soil dries it doesn't have all sorts of salt and other problems with chemicals.

I would avoid h2o2 completely... You are better off sticking her into a larger medium full of better soil than to pour peroxide into the waterings.

Although I know you can add h2o2. its not even on my list because soil is supposed to be airy... my 2 cents...

Keep it going strong buddy.

Thanks McCrackin,

The kelp sounds great, I'm on the trail :grinjoint:

Doc recommends wicks for soil Horse, a nylon rope going a few inches into the bottom of the soil. I guess more would be better, you need to design your setup to accomodate them obviously. It's the only thing that lowers the perched water table.

I did the worst thing you can do and put small rocks at the bottom of the containers. I'm unclear if perlite under the soil would be good or bad or neutral.

Doc recommends wicks for soil Horse, a nylon rope going a few inches into the bottom of the soil. I guess more would be better, you need to design your setup to accomodate them obviously. It's the only thing that lowers the perched water table.

I did the worst thing you can do and put small rocks at the bottom of the containers. I'm unclear if perlite under the soil would be good or bad or neutral.

Hay BD, I did probably get the wick idea from DocBud :grinjoint:

I'm not sure if the rocks at the bottom would be harmful. I think Setting Sun and TT may use lava rocks, but that could be a different story.

I've re-potted some big girls, though, with no harmful effects.

Ahhhh, experimenteurs :)

I don't remember what your dirt/coco mix is. I went once with 50/50 FFOF/coco with a perlite res. Watered whenever the pot was light and the surface was a little dry. No problem with over-watering.

I am now putting lava rock in the res and a 50/50 mix of lava rock and coco/dirt in the rest of the pot. Working great.

I don't know about these perched or bassed water tables with coco. My experience with coco is that if there is moisture in the bottom of the pot, it will wick it all the way up to the top. :Namaste:

I don't remember what your dirt/coco mix is. I went once with 50/50 FFOF/coco with a perlite res. Watered whenever the pot was light and the surface was a little dry. No problem with over-watering.

I am now putting lava rock in the res and a 50/50 mix of lava rock and coco/dirt in the rest of the pot. Working great.

I don't know about these perched or bassed water tables with coco. My experience with coco is that if there is moisture in the bottom of the pot, it will wick it all the way up to the top. :Namaste:

So disregard the question I just asked on your thread :)

I'm doing 2 coco/1 dirt. Measuring instruments are whatever's handy. It's my understanding that coco lowers the perched water table because of it's larger particle size (as opposed to say, dirt). A wick out the hempy hole may, or may not lower the table... but I'm not sure that means a tinker's dam in a hempy.

I added the dirt because I have a thing about smells. Nice wines, creosotey scotch, cucumber/rose infused gin, sniffing my fingers after I bust up a bud, stuff like that :) And more practically, because of it's Ph buffering, and my crappy water.

I am liking the idea of the lava rocks more and more. The perlite I have can go in the veggie garden... that's where all the dumpings are going anyway.

So disregard the question I just asked on your thread :)

I'm doing 2 coco/1 dirt. Measuring instruments are whatever's handy. It's my understanding that coco lowers the perched water table because of it's larger particle size (as opposed to say, dirt). A wick out the hempy hole may, or may not lower the table... but I'm not sure that means a tinker's dam in a hempy.

I added the dirt because I have a thing about smells. Nice wines, creosotey scotch, cucumber/rose infused gin, sniffing my fingers after I bust up a bud, stuff like that :) And more practically, because of it's Ph buffering, and my crappy water.

I am liking the idea of the lava rocks more and more. The perlite I have can go in the veggie garden... that's where all the dumpings are going anyway.

Got me thinking about picking up a good single malt.:)

I like the dirt because I think it makes the final product smell and taste better. Plus it does seem to balance the ph and nute the plant nicely.

Coco is like a sponge. Get the bottom wet and evetually the top gets wet also.

I use coco plugs for cloning. If a plug dries out, all I have to do is put some water at the bottom of the cup and in less than a minute the top of the plug is wet.

I set a coco hempy pot in 6" of water. The phone rang. Came back 15 minutes later and all the water above the hole had been sucked into the plant. The top of the bucket had been a dried light brown. It was now a moist dark brown. I love coco. :grinjoint:

So, Snow Storm Ultra? I just picked up a bottle, and now I'm confused :tokin:

Says to start after the lights are cut back. I assume they mean going from 24/7 to 12/12. Is that right?

I was planning on doing a foliar feed. The subject ladies around 30 days into flower.

I've been feeding dry MaxiBloom, KoolBloom, and Sucanat nearly every watering. They occasionally get a Happy Frog Jump Start tea, Old Age Kelp, and some SuperThrive.

Any advice on timing, mixing, spraying, or gargling would be appreciated :grinjoint:

Thanks!

Good Heavens Horse!:)

I've been feeding dry MaxiBloom, KoolBloom, and Sucanat nearly every watering. They occasionally get a Happy Frog Jump Start tea, Old Age Kelp, and some SuperThrive.

Are they dead yet? :party:

Ha, only the ones in jars!

Sorry Horse ! :grinjoint:

Just couldn't help my self, I'm used to OC+ and nothing more.

Maybe it was me smoking to much with a BudBomb pipe my helper gave me.
It hits hard! :peace:

By the way, I'm building my tent, just like you said! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom