How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

In veg add silica every feed then add once per week in flower until end week 4. It def gives stronger limbs but if you dont need to support yoir flowers they are too small :)
Hey Cult.
I'm balls deep in coco coir. Had one little problem with cal-mag deficiency on one blue dream strain, but all in all just following instructions on the bottles. Seems like a waste to feed them everyday, but it works, because I saw your yields !! I'm spending more to feed my plants, than to feed my family !! Lol !! you all done moving that house ??

Glad you saw the light sp
Yes, It's pretty obvious that growing in coco is much faster in all respects. But I'm having problem understanding why we need to feed every day?? And I did switch my feeding schedule to water close to when lights come on, and what you said about not letting them sit in it, makes sense to me !! Tomorrow will be the 4th. day for the new clones. I opened vents on the dome today, and removed it for about 3 hrs. (no wilting ), but it's back on now for the last night. Soon as i start seeing roots, The lec tent is ready to flip !!

Ive order coco professional plus do you know if I still need to "condition" it ? Forgive me if im using the wrong words

Sent from my NEM-L51 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
No you shouldnt need to pre condition it. Just start on your feeds and make sure ph is correct.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Coco needs fed everyday because it is hydroponic. You want to keep coco nutrient and ph at optimum levels. The nutes are stored differently than if it was a soil grow. You would get peaks and troughs if you didnt feed everyday.

For sure the nutrient bill is higher than soil but the yields will make up for that.

Sorry Cult but im back again :-D or anyone that can help (and give him a break from my 1000 questions)
I have a 1.2x1.2x2m Tent with a 600w with a parabolic reflector (250 also if needed) and I'm planning in 6 plants with individual scrog nets on each of them, so I can move them easier without causing shit load of problems. Ive ordered 6 20L fabric pots is this size abit excessive? Should I fill with 15L of coco or more the better? THANKYOU! :-D

Sent from my NEM-L51 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm an American so I will answer you in gallons. Lol You can use any size container you want. Most grow in 2-3 gallon containers but 5gal or 20L is more then fine. You will just use more nutes and water but you will get large plants.

IMAG2115_1.jpg

Here is a little budsicle in a 4" container. If you go to 5gal or 20L just make sure you have a fully rooted container before flipping.

I'm an American so I will answer you in gallons. Lol You can use any size container you want. Most grow in 2-3 gallon containers but 5gal or 20L is more then fine. You will just use more nutes and water but you will get large plants.

IMAG2115_1.jpg

Here is a little budsicle in a 4" container. If you go to 5gal or 20L just make sure you have a fully rooted container before flipping.
By fully rooted, do you mean root bound ??

I like my roots to be bound so I can multi feed as soon as or before flower but close to bound is fine. My last grow my plants vegged for 3 months in 2gal containers. I found my strain didn't like the topping and mainlining, so it was a slow veg. I had some minor lock out towards the end of flower but that was due to not getting enough of a flush at each watering. I don't recommend vegging that long in a small container but it can be done as long as you water enough. I think cult says he gets close to root bound before flipping?

I like my roots to be bound so I can multi feed as soon as or before flower but close to bound is fine. My last grow my plants vegged for 3 months in 2gal containers. I found my strain didn't like the topping and mainlining, so it was a slow veg. I had some minor lock out towards the end of flower but that was due to not getting enough of a flush at each watering. I don't recommend vegging that long in a small container but it can be done as long as you water enough. I think cult says he gets close to root bound before flipping?
I'm no where close to being root bound in those 5 gal bags. Didn't know that was a requirement. What will happen if I flip and I'm not root bound ? Plants are good sized and look like they're ready to get me some prime buds. I will wait as long as necessary, how long you think before a 5 gal bag is root bound ? i can feel lots of fine roots, but not root bound . Thanks again for helping me .

Autos are a waste of time for indoor growing imo for several reasons but thats for another thread. Just keep nutrient strength on the lower side but the principles of growing remain the same.

Interesting thread -thanks.
I'd love to hear this one unpacked a bit further. I've heard it before. Got zero interest in autos myself but curious about the statement.

Back
Top Bottom