Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Awesome lab/garden hyena I only have experience with a couple of those strains bt I just harvested a Barney's farm liberty haze a month or so ago. Already might be my favorite smoke of all time. Her buds produce a strong ceberal high that melts my mind and relaxes my body. She had the strongest pine smell to her and was as sticky as they come. She stretched a good amount. Probably too much for my tent bt she thickened up and produced over 5 ounces in a 5 gal of soil which is a high for that size pot for me. I recommend every one tries her at least once. Myself and potchimp experienced a europhic flashback after trying her for the first time. The most unique cerebal high I've experienced.
Sounds interesting might have to look into that myself

Thanks guys I will take those suggestions. Going to be a great next run!

I'm going to try another shot at the seed project using 5 Blue Hyenas (one full plant for pollen production, 4 for pollination). That leaves 4 spots and I will do a selection of the suggested beans and see how that goes. They will all result in crosses with the Blue Hyena since a full plant of pollen will be impossible to completely control and frankly who wants to?

The prospect of having these crosses is delightful:

Blue Hyena x Jack Herrer
x Liberty Haze
x Blueberry
x Critical Kush
x Holy Grail

Who knew this crazy game of mixing genetics could be so fun! The potential future deliciousness is mind-boggling.

I will probably wait another couple weeks to begin, since running the nursery side and the bloom room simultaneously risks light infringement no matter how careful I am (learned last time lol). The nursery is impossible to actively cool without a light issue so might just wait until harvest, then reboot from the beginning in the main room. The other transitions come during cooler weather so no problem then but depending upon an AC unit for climate control limits the use of the entire setup this time.

Peace, Hyena

Thanks guys I will take those suggestions. Going to be a great next run!

I'm going to try another shot at the seed project using 5 Blue Hyenas (one full plant for pollen production, 4 for pollination). That leaves 4 spots and I will do a selection of the suggested beans and see how that goes. They will all result in crosses with the Blue Hyena since a full plant of pollen will be impossible to completely control and frankly who wants to?

The prospect of having these crosses is delightful:

Blue Hyena x Jack Herrer
x Liberty Haze
x Blueberry
x Critical Kush
x Holy Grail

Who knew this crazy game of mixing genetics could be so fun! The potential future deliciousness is mind-boggling.

I will probably wait another couple weeks to begin, since running the nursery side and the bloom room simultaneously risks light infringement no matter how careful I am (learned last time lol). The nursery is impossible to actively cool without a light issue so might just wait until harvest, then reboot from the beginning in the main room. The other transitions come during cooler weather so no problem then but depending upon an AC unit for climate control limits the use of the entire setup this time.

Peace, Hyena

Excellent choices. Jack Herer was my first tent grow and is an all time favorite. I also have one Holy Grail bean. One. All my stars would have to line up perfectly for me to rely on germinating one seed.

Heard so many good things about Liberty Haze. When I decided to grow Blue Dream because of its popularity I just figured all those people couldn't have gotten it wrong.

My Blue Dream S1 seed project turned out very sweet. Worst part was breaking the seeded buds to harvest the seeds.

Well well well, I sure found a gem in this journal. Hats off to to you sir, fantastic operation and as a hobbyist photographer I am mighty impressed with your quality photos taken on a phone, great job. I was almost certain you were using a Nikon. Had me in stitches with your christmas ninja shenanagins lol. Dont think for a second that the wife isnt partially waking up and noticing you not there on occasion. She is building a subconcious mental map of your forays away from the comfort of your bed so be prepared for a Q&A period down the road lol. Best she doesnt know but its sure funny as hell for us and exciting for you.

I too would love to try some of these Hyena genetics lol, but for a guy who hasnt even popped a seed yet, or even bought a light....I have enough seeds to last me a few years already lol. I might go back and read your first hydro novel based on the enjoyment I have gotten out of this one. Keep it up!

Where do you keep your stash, as far as how you access the quantity, and how do you explain it away? If I went through a few pounds the wife would certainly ask a few questions lol. Its amazing that you can hide the purchase/delivery/storage of nutrients, grow medium, and all the waste. A true marijuaninja.

Looking forward to the next crop and the strain choices. Thanks for an entertaining and educational read!

UA

I am so happy your gonna go with the seed project again. I would love as u most likly already know to grow my own batch of Hyenas. I jus grew out some Thunderpaws (jack smack x critical kush) whuch came out great. And know m doing his other cross Jackalope ( jack smack x chocolope) its been very fun like jus growing in general is fun. Things are looking great in the secret attic and i will be close behind you watching and waiting for the Hyenas to become available! Hope you have a dank ass day!!

Well well well, I sure found a gem in this journal. Hats off to to you sir, fantastic operation and as a hobbyist photographer I am mighty impressed with your quality photos taken on a phone, great job. I was almost certain you were using a Nikon. Had me in stitches with your christmas ninja shenanagins lol. Dont think for a second that the wife isnt partially waking up and noticing you not there on occasion. She is building a subconcious mental map of your forays away from the comfort of your bed so be prepared for a Q&A period down the road lol. Best she doesnt know but its sure funny as hell for us and exciting for you.

I too would love to try some of these Hyena genetics lol, but for a guy who hasnt even popped a seed yet, or even bought a light....I have enough seeds to last me a few years already lol. I might go back and read your first hydro novel based on the enjoyment I have gotten out of this one. Keep it up!

Where do you keep your stash, as far as how you access the quantity, and how do you explain it away? If I went through a few pounds the wife would certainly ask a few questions lol. Its amazing that you can hide the purchase/delivery/storage of nutrients, grow medium, and all the waste. A true marijuaninja.

Looking forward to the next crop and the strain choices. Thanks for an entertaining and educational read!

UA

Thank you very much! You are too kind. I just like to talk and this forum provides a needed outlet...glad you enjoy it.

I do smoke a lot, plus I give some away to those who truly need it, under plausibly deniable circumstances of course. I am really the last person you'd suspect of being a secret grower so I hide in plain sight. I also work for the CIA part-time so if someone figures me out I can just have him whacked.

Stay tuned and welcome!

Peace, Hyena

Happy Saturday!

Here's a Project 25 update!

Well, I am managing to keep the heat in range through a stretch of very hot weather, with outside temps hitting almost 100 F day after day...the hardy AC unit keeps putting out cold air, though I have absolutely no idea how it can do so without my having to drain a condensation bucket or something...I have a similar unit in my house and the thing needs to be emptied about every other hour or it shuts down...so how? I doesn't know...

Here's how the girls are looking:

20170722_095510.jpg

I am sorely tempted to start chopping but all trichomes are still clear, not even any cloudies yet. That gives me hope the budz will fatten up some more, I'm seeing a new flowering growth spurt that looks like a bunch of mini foxtailing which mostly-sativa plants will often do, but if this last wave fills in some more it will be a very nice crop indeed.

The final report on the GROWSTAR GS1000 LED Light:

The GROWSTAR GS1000 is a dynamite light! I really can't say a single negative thing about it...for a relatively low-cost unit you get superior performance and nice reliability, combined with low heat emission and innovative individual-lens technology.

20170627_094301.jpg

The buds under the GROWSTAR GS1000 LED were actually better than the ones under the 600 W HPS unit! By better I mean juicier and more dense. I really think the main reason is the lower heat, but from the health and vigor of the buds I believe the light produced is more than adequate for robust vegetative and floral development. When you get all that performance in a light that draws 400 total watts yet delivers similar results to a 600 W HID you have a winner!

Congrats to the GROWSTAR GS1000 LED Light from TWILIGHT. It truly passed all tests with flying colors! I will be going to an all-LED grow model beginning next grow. Hopefully it will place less strain on the seedlings and allow me to smoothly germinate and transition them into full production despite the lingering high heat of summer.

THANK YOU to TWILIGHT LED CO. for their kindness in providing a light to test. I hope they found the comparison test and results useful. Best wishes to them for success with their products. If I was to give newer growers and experienced ones alike some advice I would say GET a GROWSTAR LED or two and get growing!

The buds are looking pretty robust, lots of nice color though mostly still white pistils.

20170722_095757.jpg

The smell is starting to come in stronger also.

20170722_100055.jpg

Alas, the vaunted Hyena pollen program was a total bust. The underdeveloped pollen nodes never finished, and so no pollen was produced. I have some good ideas how to improve the next time but for now, well, not everything in life works out...

20170722_095445.jpg

The ugly remnants of a failed experiment. Not exactly the Hindenburg, but it still hurts.

Onward we roll! I have pulled a few buds to sample the almost-ready weed, trimmed them up and they look pretty good. Not quite as sticky as I would prefer, a result of the temps but at least this stuff has a nice aroma and looks frosty enough.

20170722_104111.jpg

Finally, I smoked some from buds I pulled 4 or 5 days ago. Not bad...I must say it gets me high!

20170722_110701.jpg

Maybe a couple more weeks on the vine will perfectly dial it in. I have upped the bloom nutes and even broken my vow to never use bloom supplements, I went insane and added some of 2 different products for that purpose, in hopes of adding some fatness and extra terpy aroma/flavor. Another experiment basically...I can't stop!

I sincerely appreciate everyone who follows my rambling writings and secret growing adventures. Especially you. Have a great next few days and stay in touch, we will be chopping a lot of weed very soon...

Peace, Hyena

I always do such a awsome job growing and journaling!! Your right bout chopping lots of flowers!! Lol!! Glad you showed what the Growstar can do! I am leaning towards building me a light with samsung boards and cobs on the corners. Jus another hobby in a hobby. Its gonna be so cool when u go all led. M still waiting for the seed project i want to grow Hyenas!! Always so plump and healthy! LUSH!! Is the perfect WORD!! On my first grow i got 13 ounces from two plants and ont started throwing bananas but only got maybe four seeds so far. Many say i should toss them because of the hermy trait but i think m gonna grow them out someday. I have my first clone bloom in effect lots of fun. Popped seven seeds to find another mother. I have one Thunderpaw mother and on the hunt for Jackalope mother!! Well sorry for blabbing so much on your thread. Keep up the great work always a joy to read the updates. Been around since the beginning of the secret attic build and must say Sir you have came a long way. Still remember the pic of the hose running up to the attic. Lol!! Till next time my friend hope life stay great for you!!

Subbing up :) will read through your journal a little later

Big update soon. Been out of town.

Peace, Hyena

WELL...time for an update on Project 25!

I must admit I'm in a kind of holding pattern as I wait for the feeling that it's time for the chop. Everything is big and pretty, but I still don't feel like it's done...here's how it looks:

20170803_095233.jpg

A nice forest of fluffy foxtails. The question is, when will they stop? Close examination reveals new growth everywhere, even on the biggest colas, and white hairs still make up 80+ % of the total. The microscope reveals mostly clear trichomes with just a small percentage beginning to get cloudy, not an amber resin head in sight. I'm still not getting the ultra-frost I got on previous runs but I attribute some of that to the higher average temps and the frost I am seeing is still increasing. So I wait.

20170803_095241.jpg

I really like the volume, the room is simply popping with colas.

20170803_095320.jpg

Getting nice density but as you can see still loads of new growth with white pistils

20170803_095359.jpg

The above cola is a hunker that can't support its own weight, there are many more like it. You can see all the continued flowering still happening on the upper side.

20170803_095233.jpg

There are some awesome colas along the back, I can't reach them but they are huge. Everything looks ready but I guess it's really not.

So, I am hanging on and giving them lots of time. I have them on plain water now so the final flush is taking place, not entirely sure how this will affect the budding but until I start to see some amber trichs I will wait and watch.

Have a great day!

Peace, Hyena

I wonder if increasing the darkness would entice them to finish sooner?

Unfortunately, science has shown 10/14 or 9/15 is no more effective than 12/12. Possibly less as it would reduce lights-on growth time.

However, I'm cool with it, they are 80/20 sativa dominant and sativas just take fucking forever to bud out.

It will be worth the wait! Always is!

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom