Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Pots!

Re: Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Po

Hey Everyone!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a lil while... but here it is.....

First off, here is a nug I am smoking right now while typing this.... its my GSC from my last run...
IMG_20150712_203918.jpg
IMG_20150712_203949.jpg

So I've never grown from seeds before, tried a few times and never had success with it before and only was used to growing from clones so I figured it was time to finally learn. I reached out to my buddy Curso who I know is really good at it and he told me his method. I gave it a shot and so far a few are already emerging out of the soil. :) Thanks bro! So the strains are 2 that I have had for some time, one is seeds from a norcal buddy of mine, which is some variety of tangie, not sure exactly but I think I remember him having kosher tangie at the time, so I am hoping for that, but will be happy with any version of this multi cup winner :) The other seeds were from Sonoma county from a friend of a friend which is supposed to be a purple trainwreck x GSC x african strain but the seeds I have are mostly immature still so I haven't successfully had any of them pop yet and emerge, but still waiting and hopeful.
IMG_20150712_204128.jpg

So in my veg tent I have a cut of each of the plants genetics that I have kept for some time including: GSC (2 versions), Ogiesel, Black cherry Soda/cola, Harlequin, and UVH OG, however my UVH og isn't looking to good and I haven't been able to get any clones to root, so I am hoping that she makes it through. Not taking up water and leaves dying off. Hope I can keep her, but if not, Ive had years of good nugs from her so no worries if she doesnt as I have some other seeds on deck that I am waiting to pop once I get room, and better at germinating them :)

Notice how the 2 cuts of GSC are very similar but different. The one on the right, with the longer internode distance is the thin mints version which is more OG heavy flavor and smell, and the one on the left is the mislabled strain (mystery cookies) which turns more purple and has a more fruity/hashy flavor, both though taste like cookies overall with subtle differences.
IMG_20150712_204039.jpg
IMG_20150712_204044.jpg
IMG_20150712_204048.jpg
IMG_20150712_204055.jpg
IMG_20150712_204104.jpg

This is the Ogiesel,
IMG_20150712_204017.jpg

This is my Harlequin. Slight K def that is already being addressed.
IMG_20150712_204027.jpg

My 2 black cherry cola mothers...
IMG_20150712_204116.jpg
IMG_20150712_204122.jpg

My UVH OG that is on the verge of dying.... I hope she can make it..
IMG_20150712_204109.jpg

So the flowering tent is kind of meh this run.... I'm getting used to the much larger pots, so I have been trying to get my watering timing down right, in conjunction with brewing my teas and such so I have a feeling that I may be the cause of the messed up leaves on my harlequin, and on my black cherry cola, as well as a fairly severe K deficiency. This makes sense since I geared my soil to be very minimal in K following along the lines of the recommended ratios for high brix growing so I think that by not replenishing it over time, I think my 5th or 6th generation soil may need a little more love :) and I may be slightly overwattering her too as she doesn't suck up water nearly as fast as the ogiesel. The ogiesel is looking amazing and a very hardy plant, which pretty much loves anything you do to her and so she is looking really good right now. the black cherry soda/cola plant is kind of ok looking, as the leaves are showing downword curling which could be either too much N or overwatering so I have been holding back on both and she seems to be getting better. All the plants have good leaf posture on the newer leaves near the budsites, so I think they may be liking what I have been doing over time, but the larger pots I definitely still need to get a better feel for the volume and frequency I am watering at.

Full Tent views:
IMG_20150712_204700.jpg
IMG_20150712_204707.jpg
IMG_20150712_204739.jpg
IMG_20150712_204747.jpg

Harlequin......
IMG_20150712_204941.jpg
IMG_20150712_205014.jpg
IMG_20150712_205058.jpg

Black Cherry Cola/Soda
IMG_20150712_204756.jpg
IMG_20150712_204810.jpg
IMG_20150712_204840.jpg
IMG_20150712_204847.jpg
IMG_20150712_205052.jpg

Ogiesel
IMG_20150712_204859.jpg
IMG_20150712_204908.jpg
IMG_20150712_204918.jpg
IMG_20150712_205032.jpg
IMG_20150712_205040.jpg
IMG_20150712_205045.jpg

Otherwise all is well and I still think this will amount to a good harvest and grow, wouldn't be fun if there wasn't a few bumps along the way ;)

Re: Icemud's Advanced LED XTE Grow - Harlequin - Ogiesel - Black Cherry Cola - Big Po

Today is budder day!!! Making some awesome cannabutter in my MB2!!!!

Here is how I do it...video will be uploaded tomorrow after all done.

I use smart balance butter, 2 1/2 lb container,
1 cup water,
2-3 oz of buds, (older ones from months ago)
1 oz of olive oil
Magic Butter 2

I put about 2/3 of the container of butter into the magic butter. Then I add about 2-3 oz of buds into the magic butter, then add 1oz of olive oil and 1 cup of water. I personally think for butter the longer it cooks the better, so I shoot for between 8-10 hours of cook time at the 190F setting.

After the budder is done cooking, I use a few strainers to take out the larger plant material and then follow up by pouring the strained budder though the included bubble bag. Then after the budder is strained, into the fridge for at least 12-24 hours before the butter has hardened and separates.

After the budder separates I poke a small hole in the bottom and dump out all the water. I then flip the butter 180 degrees and cut off the greyish colored (pulp) so the budder doesn't have a chance to retain moisture in it and mold. At this point the budder is ready for consumption.

I am making a step by step video that I will post later tomorrow after the budder is finished and video is edited :)

ps...I love my Magic Butter 2 !!

Great Update Brotha youll notice a lot better stretch off the seed plants
clones you pretty m uch have to veg em close to the height you want em
and great instructional :thumb:

Great Update Brotha youll notice a lot better stretch off the seed plants
clones you pretty m uch have to veg em close to the height you want em
and great instructional :thumb:

Hey Cronic :) Good advice brotha! Thanks :) I can't wait to see what they turn out like. I am actually hoping for a male :) then I can have some fun with my other strains and crossing them :) lol :)

Check out my new video!!! How to make Cannabutter!!

Great video Icemud. I was only told about these Magical Butter 2's a few days ago so it was great seeing it in action. One thing though, either your video repeats itself around the 7 min mark or I tripped out :rofl:

All the best :thumb:

Well I certainly wished the rso would help me but you really need to put a warning that the oil will do very little for a type 1 diabetic. Type 2 it helps a lot
Just a friendly suggestion

Done Alaskan1, thank you for letting me know.

Great video Icemud, thank you. ++reps

Great video Icemud. I was only told about these Magical Butter 2's a few days ago so it was great seeing it in action. One thing though, either your video repeats itself around the 7 min mark or I tripped out :rofl:

All the best :thumb:

Thats funny you said that, cause after I finished rendering it and watched it, I was quite medicated, and saw that the video repeated too.... I thought the same thing... am I really high or did that repeat itself? hahahah I will have to re-render it :) Yea the Magic butter is a nice machine to make butter making easy :)

Great video Icemud, thank you. ++reps

Thank you RSO!!! glad you enjoyed it :) thanks for watching too :)

Subbed and super excited to see how this works out for you Icemud. Wishing you the best with the big pots :thumb:
I have read all of your grows and ronnie66 and quite a few other grow journals from others and just want to say thanks for putting in all of that effort into them. I have not tried to grow since i was in high school and that was a complete disaster. I am going to attempt a grow starting next month because of all the inspiration and confidence that yours and the other users grow journals have given me. So again, :thanks:
Order my genetics and lights and tents. Still have some decisions to make about the other equipment but should be putting the orders in next week. I went with the DS XML 350's from advanced lights in large part because of your success and recommendation. I am trying to use 420 sponsors as much as possible. I am just very grateful that there is this great platform available for so many people to share ideas and opinions in a safe and respectful way. Wish me luck and good luck to you with these new pots.

Thats funny you said that, cause after I finished rendering it and watched it, I was quite medicated, and saw that the video repeated too.... I thought the same thing... am I really high or did that repeat itself? hahahah I will have to re-render it :) Yea the Magic butter is a nice machine to make butter making easy :)

It's 3:11 in the morning. I've been roaming the threads all evening and into the wee hours. I stumbled onto your journal quite by accident and became so mesmerized by it that the pipe sat unused for hours, while I dashed back and forth from here to other threads that called for immediate attention.

About the time I hit your first video I remembered the pipe. As the high was settling in and climbing I hit this cannabutter video. I had already read that post about the repeat, mind you. By the time your video hit the repeat I was toasted, and for a moment I questioned if that had really happened or did I imagine it because I was so high? :rofl:

Ahhhhhhhhh .......... That was a good laugh.

Hey Icemud, can I tag along and learn? I read every single post. I don't usually get so caught up that I don't cheat and jump ahead, so I'm hoping you're answer is "Sure Sue, why not?" :battingeyelashes:

You taught me more about LEDs in one short jaunt through your journal than I've put together in months here. They only let me give so many reps and you already got them waaaay back before this.

I'll try not to be so talkative from now on and listen more closely. I'm just really excited to meet you. :love:

Subbed and super excited to see how this works out for you Icemud. Wishing you the best with the big pots :thumb:
I have read all of your grows and ronnie66 and quite a few other grow journals from others and just want to say thanks for putting in all of that effort into them. I have not tried to grow since i was in high school and that was a complete disaster. I am going to attempt a grow starting next month because of all the inspiration and confidence that yours and the other users grow journals have given me. So again, :thanks:
Order my genetics and lights and tents. Still have some decisions to make about the other equipment but should be putting the orders in next week. I went with the DS XML 350's from advanced lights in large part because of your success and recommendation. I am trying to use 420 sponsors as much as possible. I am just very grateful that there is this great platform available for so many people to share ideas and opinions in a safe and respectful way. Wish me luck and good luck to you with these new pots.

First off Bamalabrat, welcome to 420 Magazine!!! I see you are pretty new and I feel honored that I was able to be part of your inspiration to grow :) I swear they say MJ is addicting...well maybe to a very small percentage, but growing..thats a different story.. I'm addicted to growing :) hahah :) You are in really good hands here at 420 Magazine, I came here about 4 years ago knowing nothing besides buds come from plants and somehow people make this happen....and 4 years later definitely getting close to getting it perfect :) if there ever is a perfect, but ya know what I mean :)

The XML 350 should work wonders for you. I haven't personally used them but many many people who I have chatted with have and they have amazing results and nothing but good things to say about the XML :) I use the XTE series by Advanced, and I can say so far it has been a very pleasant experience, both with company and product :)

I would highly suggest after you get everything you need for your first grow to start a grow journal here at 420 mag. Its the best way to not only document your grow, but also have others help you along the way and cheer you on :) plus you get to meet so many awesome people here and maybe even will grow yourself some monthly contest winning buds or plants and win cool stuff :)

Anyhow I very much appreciate your good vibes and I invite you to follow along for the remainder of the grow, should be a pretty interesting finish to say the least :)

Welcome !

It's 3:11 in the morning. I've been roaming the threads all evening and into the wee hours. I stumbled onto your journal quite by accident and became so mesmerized by it that the pipe sat unused for hours, while I dashed back and forth from here to other threads that called for immediate attention.

About the time I hit your first video I remembered the pipe. As the high was settling in and climbing I hit this cannabutter video. I had already read that post about the repeat, mind you. By the time your video hit the repeat I was toasted, and for a moment I questioned if that had really happened or did I imagine it because I was so high? :rofl:

Ahhhhhhhhh .......... That was a good laugh.

Hey Icemud, can I tag along and learn? I read every single post. I don't usually get so caught up that I don't cheat and jump ahead, so I'm hoping you're answer is "Sure Sue, why not?" :battingeyelashes:

You taught me more about LEDs in one short jaunt through your journal than I've put together in months here. They only let me give so many reps and you already got them waaaay back before this.

I'll try not to be so talkative from now on and listen more closely. I'm just really excited to meet you. :love:

Hey SweetSue!!!! You must be a night owl like me :) haha Welcome to my journal and its a pleasure to meet you as well :)

Wow, I am very blown away that you read the whole journal so far, and it makes me extremely happy to hear that you were entertained, and leaned about LED and such from me, it makes me feel good knowing that others benefit from my grows :) I think I actually have seen you posting around the forums before, sorry I never stopped in before to say hey, but now I will definitely make my way over to check out your garden as well :)

Yea I will have to fix the video...haha...or maybe I should leave the doubled/repeated part in there just to mess with people :) hahah I know I had the same reaction like...whoa... am I really high or did it just repeat..and then I second guessed my self and was really confused..haha..maybe I will just leave it :) haha

SweetSue, you absolutely can tag along and join in the fun :) Feel free to say hey or ask any questions at will :) Welcome!! :)

Hey Icemud I hope you're well. I'd say leave the video in, deny all knowledge of any repeating if asked :)

Hey Sweetsue good to see you here, I hope you are well :circle-of-love:

Hey Icemud I hope you're well. I'd say leave the video in, deny all knowledge of any repeating if asked :)

I'm with Kraize, :)ciao: Kraize) leave it in. I'm still laughing about it!!

Edit: I can't believe I hadn't found my way here yet either Icemud. Your reputation is stellar. I'm intrigued by that light with the heavy blue spectrum. I have this instinctive sense that they need some of both spectrums, and I don't know enough about that panel to know if there're any reds hidden in those gorgeous deep blues. (hangs head in shame). I swear, I'm trying to learn to be better prepared, but there's so much to learn and so little time. Good grief, I just planted 12 at once and am attempting to run two different types of perpetual simultaneously, and I still don't know what I'm doing, so I've been busy. :laughtwo:

I'm either certifiably insane or driven by passion. You can bet I'm going with passion. :battingeyelashes:

I'm trying to get out the door to get some breakfast / now lunch. I keep getting distracted. :laughtwo:

Yea, I agree, I think I will leave it in there just for fun :)

I'm with Kraize, :)ciao: Kraize) leave it in. I'm still laughing about it!!

Edit: I can't believe I hadn't found my way here yet either Icemud. Your reputation is stellar. I'm intrigued by that light with the heavy blue spectrum. I have this instinctive sense that they need some of both spectrums, and I don't know enough about that panel to know if there're any reds hidden in those gorgeous deep blues. (hangs head in shame). I swear, I'm trying to learn to be better prepared, but there's so much to learn and so little time. Good grief, I just planted 12 at once and am attempting to run two different types of perpetual simultaneously, and I still don't know what I'm doing, so I've been busy. :laughtwo:

I'm either certifiably insane or driven by passion. You can bet I'm going with passion. :battingeyelashes:

I'm trying to get out the door to get some breakfast / now lunch. I keep getting distracted. :laughtwo:

Hey Sweet Sue!

aww, ur making me blush :) hahah

Yea the all blue LED panels is the EX VEG 200 from Advanced LED. When they initially approached me with the offer, I was also skeptical as I too was in belief that plants needed full spectrum. However, after using it now for some time, I can honestly say it does an amazing job at vegging the plants, and I have both of the 200's running at only 1/2 power, so 200w total in my 2.5x5x7' tent and they are definitely doing as good if not better than I remember my 400 CMH HID light going :) The LED panel itself only has Cree XTE Royal Blue LED chips in it, no other colors.

From what I have gathered in all my research, there are 2 main areas to look at for plant lighting: photosynthesis and photomorphogenesis.

When looking at photosynthesis, it seems that even though different wavelengths absorb differently in the leaves, the tolerance is not much beyond 30% difference from best to worst. Plants are pretty much "photon counter" and so how it works is it takes approx 8 absorbed photons to convert 1 molecule of CO2. So the more photons the more photosynthesis, and this seems to have not much relation to the wavelength of light (color).

The other portion of this is photomorphogenesis, this is plant-light reaction. This is where the spectrum blends, ratio's of blue to red, and things come into play as the differences in spectrum cause different reactions in the plant....such as too much green/ir then stretchy plant.

There is still a lot of research that needs to be done on plant lighting reactions, specifically MJ studies :) I can't wait to see what the future brings with plant lighting. Now with new Graphine LED's being tested and experimented with and a new black crystal LED emmitter has been invented too. I think huge things will come of LED lighting in the next 5 years :)

Hey everyone...UPdate time!!!

But first to smoke some of my GSC from last run:
IMG_20150716_152826.jpg

Well I am feeling So/So with my garden this run. The Ogiesel is so far the best looking plant in my garden and doing extremely well and my black cherry cola even though has some past damage from watering/feeding issues is also doing rather well. My Harlequin though is really getting on my nerves and no matter what I do to her, she just wants to keep losing leaves, not growing and hardly sucking up water.

At this point since my other 2 plants are doing well, I think it must have been stemming from my transplant where I must have really damaged some roots when I gave them a pruning because otherwise I can't figure out why it is being such a pain. There are buds forming but they are about 1/2 the size of the other 2 plants, hardly any scent, and the tricomes are just starting to form. I almost want to just pull her out of the tent, but she is such a large branchy plant, I almost hate to lose her without giving her a chance. (I'm kind hearted :) ) LOL

Overall things have been going good though and I did venture to the hydro store to pick up a K product since under LED the plants really seem to use a lot of Mg and K. I went with humboldt nutrients deuce deuce which is organic and basically potash. I also picked up a product called terpenator which is a K product, but instead of potash, is potassium sulfate, which I like because sulfur is typically known for helping increase terpenes and resin :) They also gifted me some botanicare fulvic acid and vitamino which I will give a try too :)

Well here are the photos of the girls today :)

IMG_20150721_005504.jpg
IMG_20150721_005510.jpg
IMG_20150721_005518.jpg
IMG_20150721_005525.jpg
IMG_20150721_005551.jpg
IMG_20150721_005608.jpg
IMG_20150721_005618.jpg
IMG_20150721_005627.jpg
IMG_20150721_005643.jpg
IMG_20150721_005654.jpg
IMG_20150721_005708.jpg
IMG_20150721_005726.jpg
IMG_20150721_005749.jpg
IMG_20150721_005756.jpg
IMG_20150721_005802.jpg
IMG_20150721_005806.jpg
IMG_20150721_005811.jpg
IMG_20150721_005816.jpg
IMG_20150721_005824.jpg
IMG_20150721_005831.jpg

That was wonderfully insightful and educational Icemud, with a delightful flourish filled with hope for the future.

We must have been on some sort of wavelength Icemud. I was standing at the stop waiting on my bus and a little voice told me to pull the iPad out just as you posted this. Let me read it over again to see what I was obviously meant to pick up there. The universe and I work together a lot. :battingeyelashes:

Good to see you again. :love:

We were cross posting Icemud, so I just saw the garden. It's frustrating when they don't cooperate. Give the stubborn one a bit more time. You know once she gets her roots under her again she's going to catch up.

There has to be some way to set the soil up for the challenge of LEDs. So you're definitely pinning your Mg concerns to the LEDs?

Back
Top Bottom