Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

I think you mare referring to the 114 model that I have. They are good for 2'x2'. I think the 228 is 4'x4'

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

I think you mare referring to the 114 model that I have. They are good for 2'x2'. I think the 228 is 4'x4'

228 are 2' x 3' with a little bigger coverage for veggie growth with panel raised a little higher. But 2'x3' is the common denominator for the IGRO-228LED.

What in comes down to is not so much the room sizes as much as finding out 'what foot print space are my plants eventually going to cover?' Then based on these foot prints you match the LED panel foot print to your space and you will end up with an answer as to what size panels you should buy. Then after that is decided you can think about whether your planning to expand soon and if you may want to buy some slightly larger panels that will cover more space for when that space is available in the future.
:rocker:

Hey s1ingblade, thanks for the warm welcome :ganjamon: Well Ice, I have 3 rooms to choose from, I eventually want to turn the whole place into a factory, but I'm starting in one room. Now, this is where it gets complicated, I have a master bedroom that is 11x13 with a walk in closet that is about 7x5 with a slanted roof inside that starts from about 9 feet and goes down to about 6. The smaller room I was considering starting with is 10x11 and has a small closet. I was thinking I could put 2 tents in there and start my mothers and clones in the veg and have the other for flower. Of course I have to start with my mothers, but I'm really in the infancy stages and just now buying the equipment and putting together schematics. I really want it to be state of the art, thats why I'm going with Intelligent-Gro LED :high-five: Thanks for the reply Icemud

Your welcome, and it sounds like quite a nice operation you are planning. Really I would suggest getting the square footage of the tents you are going to use, and then compare it with the recommended sizes on the Intelligent Gro website. For clones/mothers you can probably slightly undercut the light footprint but for the flowering area I would actually slightly overdo it :) When you decide on what size tents or which room you are going to use, let me know if you still need a suggestion to light up the space, and I will help you out :)

Your welcome, and it sounds like quite a nice operation you are planning. Really I would suggest getting the square footage of the tents you are going to use, and then compare it with the recommended sizes on the Intelligent Gro website. For clones/mothers you can probably slightly undercut the light footprint but for the flowering area I would actually slightly overdo it :) When you decide on what size tents or which room you are going to use, let me know if you still need a suggestion to light up the space, and I will help you out :)

Really? You? I don't think I have ever seen anyone other than you shoe horn a 1000W HPS into a 4x2x7 footprint before. Hell, I couldn't contain my 400 and had to run to LED land. But when I got there you have these cool programmable lights and once again a ton of wattage. You are an inspiration sir. :adore:

I'm so fortunate to have found this site! :circle-of-love: Now I've been lurking on your grows Ice and noticed you pull atleast a pound with your v-scrog and a 2x4 hydrohut. If I could get a perpetual going to where I wanted to harvest that much every 4 weeks, would 2 2x4 tents be adequate, of course it depends on how well I tend to my plants and other factors, but in theory. I eventually want to get about 5 lbs a month, but thats waaaayyyy down the line. Hope I don't sound unrealistic :lot-o-toke:

If you have the space Midas anything is possible

Really? You? I don't think I have ever seen anyone other than you shoe horn a 1000W HPS into a 4x2x7 footprint before. Hell, I couldn't contain my 400 and had to run to LED land. But when I got there you have these cool programmable lights and once again a ton of wattage. You are an inspiration sir. :adore:

Hahaha.... LOL too funny Dr Bob! Yeah 1000w in my tent was probably slightly overkill, but so far the results were damn near amazing. :) I definitely am a believer of the more light the better, well to the light saturation point of plants:) I am definintely loving these Intelligent Gro lights :) and so are the plants :)

I'm so fortunate to have found this site! :circle-of-love: Now I've been lurking on your grows Ice and noticed you pull atleast a pound with your v-scrog and a 2x4 hydrohut. If I could get a perpetual going to where I wanted to harvest that much every 4 weeks, would 2 2x4 tents be adequate, of course it depends on how well I tend to my plants and other factors, but in theory. I eventually want to get about 5 lbs a month, but thats waaaayyyy down the line. Hope I don't sound unrealistic :lot-o-toke:

Hey Midas! Glad to have ya here :) Yeah most of my V-Scrogs have averaged over 1lb per harvest :) pretty sweet for such a small space :)

The way I would recommend doing it would be to have 2 tents, each with a screen. This way one tent could be started and by the time you are putting the 1st tent into flowering, you can start clones in your 2nd tent and get them vegging to fill the screen. This would be probably the best option to do perpetual scrogs and I most likely will be doing the same in the near future :) (once I make seeds and narrow down the amount of plants I have)

With the method above, each tent would get about 2 harvests a year...well like 2 -3 harvests or so depending on what strains you are running, how big your screen is and all. So with 2 tents going this way, that is about 1 harvest every 3 months.

If your looking to get that much every 4 weeks, you would probably need a 3rd tent, or just to do larger tents, like a 4x8' tent and grow large plants, starting each plant about a month apart. (not scrogged)

Now I do want to note, my tents are NOT 2x4x7 tents, the size is listed as a 2x4, but in actuallity, they measure 28"x55"x78" which is closer to 2.5'x5'x7'. I just wanted to make note of that because my tents are larger than most 2x4 tents which measure as advertised.

If you have the space Midas anything is possible

Agreed :)

Hahaha.... LOL too funny Dr Bob! Yeah 1000w in my tent was probably slightly overkill, but so far the results were damn near amazing. :) I definitely am a believer of the more light the better, well to the light saturation point of plants:) I am definintely loving these Intelligent Gro lights :) and so are the plants :)

Hey Midas! Glad to have ya here :) Yeah most of my V-Scrogs have averaged over 1lb per harvest :) pretty sweet for such a small space :)

The way I would recommend doing it would be to have 2 tents, each with a screen. This way one tent could be started and by the time you are putting the 1st tent into flowering, you can start clones in your 2nd tent and get them vegging to fill the screen. This would be probably the best option to do perpetual scrogs and I most likely will be doing the same in the near future :) (once I make seeds and narrow down the amount of plants I have)

With the method above, each tent would get about 2 harvests a year...well like 2 -3 harvests or so depending on what strains you are running, how big your screen is and all. So with 2 tents going this way, that is about 1 harvest every 3 months.

If your looking to get that much every 4 weeks, you would probably need a 3rd tent, or just to do larger tents, like a 4x8' tent and grow large plants, starting each plant about a month apart. (not scrogged)

Now I do want to note, my tents are NOT 2x4x7 tents, the size is listed as a 2x4, but in actuallity, they measure 28"x55"x78" which is closer to 2.5'x5'x7'. I just wanted to make note of that because my tents are larger than most 2x4 tents which measure as advertised.

Your right that you really can't have enough light and your results speak for themselves! Those lights are just incredible.

Great writeup on how to do a perpetual garden with 2 tents. Great outline!

Thanks again for the help Ice! What if I got 2 gorilla grow tents 5x5 and 1 5x9 and bought 1 684w and one 456w? i would veg in the smaller tent and light, and the second tent would have enough room to add another 2nd 684w eventually. DankyDavid suggested maybe 2 hydro scrog areas 4x4 each that would harvest perpetually every 4 weeks in the big tent. Do you think just growing bigger plants in coco would be easier with a similar yield?

What's up Jaamz, nice avi! I have the "house" on a two year lease, plan on getting a larger space in a more secluded area once I leave here. They can just keep my deposit :thumb:

Thanks again for the help Ice! What if I got 2 gorilla grow tents 5x5 and 1 5x9 and bought 1 684w and one 456w? i would veg in the smaller tent and light, and the second tent would have enough room to add another 2nd 684w eventually. DankyDavid suggested maybe 2 hydro scrog areas 4x4 each that would harvest perpetually every 4 weeks in the big tent. Do you think just growing bigger plants in coco would be easier with a similar yield?

I think that sounds like a great idea on tent sizes. You should manage a very nice yield with a flowering tent that size.

For the 5x5 tent I would suggest the 684w model...you probably could get away with the 456w one too, since it will be for veg, but I always like to overshoot the light area (unlike nutrients) plants like more light than less light :)

For your 5x9 tent, I would suggest 2x of the 684w models, I don't think that 1 of them will illuminate your tent bright enough for flowering so I really would go with 2. Remember that even though this initial investment might be a lot, you should be able to pay it off with your first harvest, so go big with your lights.

Hydro is definitely a good way to yield quicker and usually larger than with soil so if weight is your goal, then hydro probably would be your best bet. I'm not a hydro guy at all, because I prefer what soil does to the plants flavor, and complexity in high, that hydro just doesn't seem to do for me, so I can't really answer too much about hydro, other than I know you yield much faster, and usually more. Big Irish Dude has had very good luck with Coco, so for those questions I would refer you to him. I use a very special and experimental blend of soil, so I wouldn't suggest emulating what I do because I am still trying different things out to find my perfect feeding and nutrient schedule.

Midas; this "house"; if you are going to own it you do realize that once that mature bud smell gets in the walls, its impossible to remove; just in case you want to sell it someday.

Really? I never would have thought that.... good to know thought... Carbon scrubbers and Ion generators galore :)

Really? I never would have thought that.... good to know thought... Carbon scrubbers and Ion generators galore :)
A little ozone might not hurt either !

So Midas, you're basically building a cannafactory. Three 100 sq ft rooms. That's electric bill is gonna stand out, don't you think. LEDs are a must have to bring that bill down. If everyone in the neighborhood has a $200 monthly bill and yours is $600 or more - red flag brother.

Back
Top Bottom