Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

Loving it icemud. Do you leave the plants as is or will you circulate the short ones to the center and the talls to the side? Or maybe a continuous upward slant from need to end? Or do you leave them be? I have always been resistant to scrog because I just can't keep myself from doing the plant shuffle. It's almost like Tetris getting a new efficient conformation.

Its funny you mentioned that as I was just thinking about that yesterday. I'm not sure if I will end of circulating them or just leaving them as be, right now I think I will probably leave them since the light spread and intensity is pretty much even acrossed the entire canopy but I may change my mind in a week or so, so I'm actually undecided at the moment. I typically do adjust the plants based on height and intensity but I may just leave them for this grow for the time being. :)

Hey man. Sounds like you got some good selfed seeds. All female...watch out for herming in week 4 to 5. If its a naturally selfer it'll show up. If its stress you may be OK. Looks good bro.

Icemud, they're monsters! Amazing how they do that. I never get used to it.

This is a product of a stress job I did on a Dr Grinspoon x triangle kush. The grinspoon was stressed to death lol. Gave good pollen though.
IMG_20151031_212800.jpg
IMG_20151030_200708.jpg
IMG_20151030_202443.jpg
IMG_20151031_2128001.jpg
IMG_20151104_195232.jpg
IMG_20151104_195637.jpg
IMG_20151104_195301.jpg
IMG_20151031_212724.jpg

Hey man. Sounds like you got some good selfed seeds. All female...watch out for herming in week 4 to 5. If its a naturally selfer it'll show up. If its stress you may be OK. Looks good bro.

Good advice, I have a clone of each pheno in a separate tent so after all said and done I will be keeping the winners and ditching the losers, hopefully none hermi but since I have no clue what the genetic makeup of these seeds were other than they were tangie something, it will be interesting to see how they develop throughout the flowering cycle. I've always grown from clone so seeds are new to me, and since they were gifted to me by a guy who couldn't remember the details it is kind of fun not knowing exactly what will occur.

Icemud, they're monsters! Amazing how they do that. I never get used to it.

I have a feeling the monsters are still growing, as I read with tangie they can continue the stretch about 5 weeks into flowering, I'm already wondering how much more vertical growth they will give because they are already getting to the point of slightly close to the lights and I can't raise the lights up much more so I may have to supercrop them if they continue to stretch. One thing I love though is the tight growth structure of the nodes on the primary meristems, should make for some nice full buds :) .

This is a product of a stress job I did on a Dr Grinspoon x triangle kush. The grinspoon was stressed to death lol. Gave good pollen though.

The photos you posted were the cross of Dr Grinspoon x triangle kush? wow, what a combo!!! that must be an epic flavor and potency. What did you use for stressing, CS?

:thumb: all your grows are quiet a show my friend.

Thank you Oldergrower!!! Much appreciate the kindness :) hopefully the show will be a blockbuster :)

The photos you posted were the cross of Dr Grinspoon x triangle kush? wow, what a combo!!! that must be an epic flavor and potency. What did you use for stressing, CS?
I flowered her extra long and changed light schedule a few times. The taste is truly unique. These are all the things I taste....lemon,pine,sour baked apple pie. Some people say it taste like baked jet fuel lol. The high is almost like a opiate narcotic high. Very uplifting and euphoric.:thumb:

Hey Everyone!!!

Quick Grow Video update!!! Enjoy! By the way the song playing in the background features a famous buddy of mine and myself on the lyrics. Its about blazing our favorite plant :)

[video]

Hey everyone!!

Day 15 flowering!!!

The tangie tent is coming along amazingly and I am very very happy with how this grow is going so far! I couldn't ask for healthier plants!!!

Today I decided to give the girls some water as the humidity has been very very low the past week or 2 here in Socal, this morning it was below 10% RH and in the evening it raises to about 20-30% RH so its definitely been making my ladies drink quite a bit, as well as myself, and really taking a toll on my lips...LOL

I mixed up 5 gallons of water with some humboldt nutrients equilibrium, which is a cal/mag 12:2 ratio with 1-1-2 NKP and made from some of the same things that we use in high brix growing including calcium carbonate, soft rock phosphate, crab meal, yucca, kelp, honey, magnesium sulfate and some other ingredients, but all natural :) I love the ratios too :) Perfect ratio of 6:1 which is about Ideal according to Dr. Carey Reams for Cal/mag ratios so I'm super happy I found this product and so far it shows in this grow how healthy they look. I used to use General organics cal/mag but I never was extremely happy with the product and then when I read that they were bought out by Scotts (miracle grow) I decided to just not support Gen Hydro anymore.

I'm really liking how the different phenos are showing now, some short and bushy, some large and lankey and some just right. I so far love plant number 8 which is front right because of the structure, but the others are really nice as well. Can't wait to see how they differ late flowering and after harvest.

Other than that not much to update on besides I am loving being back in the work world and love my new job!!

Here are some photos to enjoy!

IMG_20151112_210507.jpg
IMG_20151112_210512.jpg
IMG_20151112_210523.jpg
IMG_20151112_210537.jpg
IMG_20151112_210545.jpg
IMG_20151112_210549.jpg
IMG_20151112_210553.jpg
IMG_20151112_210558.jpg
IMG_20151112_210603.jpg
IMG_20151112_210608.jpg
IMG_20151112_210614.jpg
IMG_20151112_210619.jpg
IMG_20151112_210636.jpg

Hey ice. Haven't been in one of your journals in a while and I want to see some Tangie goodness so I'm subbing up!

Welcome ClosedCircuit!!!! You came just in time for the show! I'm hoping for a great next 1 1/2 months with these girls :) Can't wait to see how this strain develops :)

Everyone, please bow your head and lets have a moment of silence......

Plant number 7 has died today due to a brutal beheading as a result of being caugh in frivolous sexual pollenation attempts on 7 other females today, non consensual!

Ok...lol...

On a serious note, today's story:

I got home from work and decided to do a defoliation and lolipopping of the girls because I noticed there was quite a bit of underbrush that was not needed and in the middle of the canopy the light penetration was not happening because of so many fan leaves. So I decided since the buds were sitting nicely and now in full swing I would get it over with. While I was trimming off foliage I noticed a leaf that had white spots all over it, and I was like..."oh no...not spidermites" so I carefully removed the leaf, used my flashlight and 30x lupe and inspected the underside of the bud, no eggs, no mites.... and I think to myself "WTF?"

So I flip the leaf over and all the spots are gone, and now I am thinking to myself, was I seeing things after a long work week or what? How did the spots just disappear. So I discard the leaf and look back in the tent and see a few leaves that have white patches on them, which then I thought, "damn, powdery mildew"... so I grabbed the leaves and as I pulled them away to cut them off, one snapped off which shook the plant. All of a sudden I see a cloud of what looks like dust envelop the plant and spread through the canopy. I'm again thinking to myself "damn, well there goes spores everywhere, I'm in for a ride" but then I look at the leaves that I pulled off closely, and the white spots are gone... and then.... dun dun dun...

It hits me... pollen!!!! So I start looking closer and closer at my plants and realize that plant #7 is the culprit, and even though it showed nicely growing flowers, it also developed balls under each flower set/budsite and they were open.... spreading pollen on the leaves which I though was mites and then PM... I was relieved in a way it wasn't the latter, but now I have a whole new issue. How to remove this plant without spreading any more pollen. So stem by stem, section by section I cut away 1' branches and carefully carried them to a bag and placed them in the bag..after the plant was completely in the bag and cut down I sealed it and was thinking.. ok now I have a tent of females that just received the magic dust.. how am I going to take care of this...

So I hit up a buddy and asked him since he has a lot of experience with seeds, pollinating and such and he told me 'water' was the answer, spray the plants really good with water as it will destroy the pollen. So before I got to spaying all the plants I decided to go 1 by 1 and check each plant closely for any pollen sacks and so far it looks like #7 was the only one..whew... so I continued with my defoliation and lolipopping to open up the canopy as well as get rid of all the branches that are not receiving enough light. After I was done with this I loaded up my pressure sprayer and hosed the girls down using about 2 gallons of water. I used R/O water and since I didn't want to spray 0ppm water on them I added a tiny bit of fertilizer to up the PPM and give them a little N-p-k and Ca love as well as neutralize the pollen. I made shure to cover the tops, the bottoms the ins and the outs and sprayed them very very thorough to make sure I got all possible pollen that drifted...

well hopefully case closed and things will be fine but I will have to keep a real close eye from now until harvest to make sure I don't see any more hermies or pollen sacks appear. I am curious though if I will get seeds, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but also not a good thing trying to find the right pheno. I wouldn't mind a bunch of seeds though since most likely the original was self pollinated, because I would have seeds of this one with each pheno, but I was hoping to do that later after harvest when I know what is what... well overall I guess I really got good penetration now with 7 plants in the tent instead of 8

Here is the pollen... (sort of looks like PM doesn't it or spider mite damage?)
IMG_20151113_165815.jpg
IMG_20151113_165838.jpg

Here is the photo I posted just the other day... I never every noticed the pollen sacks but the photo from the other day shows them there....

IMG_20151112_210549.jpg

Before defoliation
IMG_20151112_210512.jpg

Here is the plants after defoliation.
IMG_20151113_174817.jpg
IMG_20151113_174825.jpg
IMG_20151113_174838.jpg
IMG_20151113_174841.jpg

Fuck man sorry to hear that. The best way to move her is spray her down real good with water. Hopefully the fan wasn't on too high to spread that pollen around. One way to prevent pollination is to kill pistils by spraying low pH water on them. No pistils no seeds. It's like there vagina lol.

You're definitely going to get seeds. :straightface: I've had enough hermies to know. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom