Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

Keep truckin man....1600 for a 1 br is insanity!!! everything will work itself out

Yea the prices here in Socal are beyond affordable for most people to even own, for instance in my city I live in, about 93% of the residents rent, and very very few people actually own because the prices are so high. Definitely relocation is going to be my goal with the next coming year, not sure where yet, but even though living on the coast is nice, its better to vacation here and live somewhere else. Since I didn't grow up here I'm not the typical resident surfer so I don't really use the ocean like I should and I've found that coming from an area with 4 seasons to an area with pretty much 2, warm and hot, I don't really appreciate the sun and nice days as much as I did when I lived with 4 seasons including a chicago winter. I wake up and its just another hot day so I don't utilize it as much as I did when living in an area with unpredictable weather. So only time will tell where I relocate to, but I do plan on making some changes in the next year or so.

Thanks for the good vibes!

I make oil for canna caps with the mb
Sweet Update Brotha :thumb:

Hey Brother Cronic! hmmm.. sounds like I may have to try that in the near future too. Would love to make some harlequin canna caps for pain, and general health :) definitely will be hitting you up when the time comes to make some :) Thanks for the good vibes brotha!

Update time!!!!

Well everyone! I appreciate the advice and good vibes and today.... I will be starting my new job!!! I appreciate all of you for helping me to sort my thoughts, and for the encouragement. :) I have to say that the job market is still pretty poor and that their reports of lower unemployment rates may be true, however, there are so many jobs that are preying on those without work that it makes looking rough. I don't know how they expect good workers when they want to pay them with pennies and peanuts but seems like the trend lately, which is sad. But I ended up getting a job with a friend who I have worked with in the past, and according to him the position is much much less stressful than our previous sales job, and it is about helping kids eat healthier which is something I can back too and feel good about selling :)

Thank you to all who helped send good luck and vibes my way! I start work today !!!! woooooo HOOOOOO!!!!

The Tangie tent:

Well today is the day! I flipped the girls to flowering so tomorrow will mark day 1 of flowering! I was going to wait because I had an offer to try out a new light, but haven't heard back yet from the company as I believe the new lights are still in the process of being developed so I couldn't wait any longer to flower or I would have had to rent the apartment above mine for the height...LOL j/k so I decided its time to get things moving, and when the new product comes, I will exchange out the lights and finish the grow with them, as well as do a full grow under them for the next run. I'm not going to say who the company is, or what product to leave a little excitement for when the time comes but I am extremely happy to be considered by them. :)

So the tangies are doing great, even though I lost a few leaves upon my last watering due to me waiting a little too long and they wilted a little more than I wanted, but they bounced back really well and things are moving along :) My last feeding was just a little bit of Cal/Mag, some potassium sulfate and some spinosad for protective/preventative measures even though I haven't seen any spider mites or pests for over a month, I just want to keep it that way :)

So today is the last day of veg/first day of flowering and can't wait to see how things evolve in this grow. The tangies smell amazing and are getting very very strong in odor, so I may have to think about replacing my carbon scrubber after this grow, but I think I may be able to use the current one for the next few months, along with maybe some air fresheners :)
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_2_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_3_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_4_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_5_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_6_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_7_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_8_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_9_.jpg

The Veg/Mother tent:

After last update I decided to give the girls a haircut, as they were getting extremely bushy and large, so I took a good 6" to 1' off of most of the plants, and trimmed up the rest to make for more room, more light penetration and to reduce their size until I am ready for them in my next grow. I found something very interesting on my blue dream and I am glad that I found it now, but have you ever seen a plant in Veg under 18/6 produce male pollen???? I found that on the blue dream, 1 branch that I had trimmed off developed a cluster of male pollen sacks and they had opened but luckilly that I found it and was able to remove the sacks before anything got cross pollinated in my other tents, and since nothing was in flowering, the timing couldn't have been better :) has anyone ever seen that??
Since the blue dream has yet to be tested on the quality and flowered, its very possible that the genetics may be bad or not the best as I got them from the "shill" clone lab, so I still have yet to see how the plant will flower, but it will be part of my next grow after the tangies are done. Other than that, all the other plants are doing exceptionally well and continue to grow healthy leaves and branch out.
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_11_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_12_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_13_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_14_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_15_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_16_.jpg

The clone tent:

The tangie clones are all doing well, and after a little adjustment to the hot cooked soil they are now showing full growth and new leaf development so I knew that it was time to flower my other tent. Each clone is labeled with the corresponding number to the mother plant so as the plants in the flowering tent mature and show sex, I will be able to throw away the males and keep the females as well as have a copy of each one so when the best pheno is picked, I will have the genetics to go off of :)
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_17_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_19_.jpg
Tangie_LED_Grow_Strain_LED_grow_light_1_.jpg

Ill jump back and read the update, but I wanted to catch you in real time. Dance with me Icemud!!:woohoo:

:party: :slide: :slide: :party:

Congratulations!!! I know you'll find joy there. I have a good feeling about that. The Universe smiled on you and that makes me feel all warm and wonderful.

:hug: :love:

Have a wonderful first day.

Great update. Just an alert: your last narrative paragraph, I believe you meant that to read "...they are now showing ..." You wrote not instead. Big difference in interpretation.

The Tangies are looking mighty exciting. Just into the flip, we should see things start in a week or so, eh? I admire your labeling. I swear, you guys are going to shame me into being more organized. :battingeyelashes:

Of course they considered you to test the light. I look forward to finding out what company showed that level of marketing smarts. Good for them. Good for you. Good for the plants, and very selfishly, good for us.

Get out there and have a splendid first day. :hug:

Ill jump back and read the update, but I wanted to catch you in real time. Dance with me Icemud!!:woohoo:

:party: :slide: :slide: :party:

Congratulations!!! I know you'll find joy there. I have a good feeling about that. The Universe smiled on you and that makes me feel all warm and wonderful.

:hug: :love:

Have a wonderful first day.

I did a little happy dance today!! :) and all weekend knowing that things are looking up again :)

Great update. Just an alert: your last narrative paragraph, I believe you meant that to read "...they are now showing ..." You wrote not instead. Big difference in interpretation.

The Tangies are looking mighty exciting. Just into the flip, we should see things start in a week or so, eh? I admire your labeling. I swear, you guys are going to shame me into being more organized. :battingeyelashes:

Of course they considered you to test the light. I look forward to finding out what company showed that level of marketing smarts. Good for them. Good for you. Good for the plants, and very selfishly, good for us.

Get out there and have a splendid first day. :hug:

Good catch on my grammatical error, and yea, big difference in the meaning by that single word. Thanks for letting me know as I already edited it :)

I'm definitely excited about the new lights, and I will try to keep mum about it until everything is final and they lights have arrived...but I definitely have been eyeballing them for quite some time and feel so blessed that I was chosen to rep their new technology :) I guess its a good thing I reached out to them and just asked, and I was pretty happy when they wrote me back saying yes :) As I was always told, it never hurts to ask :)

Day 2 flowering!!!

Well not much change has taken place in the tangie tent since the flip 2 days ago, but the girls are looking nice! I can't wait until the girls show their sex and I am able to know which are going to be the keeper females and which I can cull (males). Probably another week to 2 before I can' tell, but its a fun time to guess :)

I did notice that since the flip they are not taking up as much water and so it will be a couple days before they will need to be fed again, but the next feeding will be an earth juice tea :)

Here are the pics!
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_4_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_5_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_6_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_2_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_3_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_7_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_8_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_tent_Advanced_led_indoor_cannabis_9_.jpg

The Veg tent is coming along nicely as well, after the trim I did on the girls, they are all showing good growth and health :)

Icemud_led_grow_light_cannabis_48_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_cannabis_49_.jpg
Icemud_led_grow_light_cannabis_52_.jpg

That flowering room is gorgeous, you can tell all of them are just primed and ready to go! Very exciting, I can't wait!

Thank you for the mighty nice compliments Shiggityflip!! You came just in time for the exciting part! Hopefully I will have some beautiful buds in the following 70 days :)

Hey Icemud,
I know I am late for the show but I hope you do not mind if i sit over here in the corner and enjoy the show. I actually was following you on youtube before I discovered this site. Like this way better.

Hey Oldergrower! I'm glad to have you! plenty of chairs, beanbags or floorspace, whichever you prefer :) Feel free to take part anytime or if you want just sit back, grab some meds and enjoy the ride :) should be fun as I have never "pheno hunted" before so should be interesting :) Welcome!

Happy Halloween/Halloweed Everyone!

So far out of the tangies, 2 are showing sex already and they are female, #3 and #5 so far.. None of the others I have seen any signs yet!

Anyways I hope everyone has a great Halloween!

Alright Icemud. Off to a good start. :battingeyelashes:

Alright Icemud. Off to a good start. :battingeyelashes:

Yep!! So far everything is going great!! Can't wait to find out what the other 6 plants are. I'm guessing that maybe 2 more females? not sure though. Anyone know how long it usually takes for plants to show balls or pistils?

Mine happen within days of the flip. I mean like four days in or so.

Did I tell you I'll be in Vegas the end of January? My best friend is flying me to Phoenix for the holidays and beyond, and she decided to drag me to Vegas with her in January. I've never been.

Mine happen within days of the flip. I mean like four days in or so.

Did I tell you I'll be in Vegas the end of January? My best friend is flying me to Phoenix for the holidays and beyond, and she decided to drag me to Vegas with her in January. I've never been.

Uh oh...watch out Vegas!!! haha :) I actually went there my first time a few years ago for a Trade show, actually the only times I have been in Vegas were for trade shows so I haven't actually "explored vegas" as I guess I would have if it were a vacation! Lots to do, pretty much anything that you want to see, try or do they have there. Vegas is amazing and I know you will enjoy it! Awesome!!!

Quick update!

Day 5 flowering....

Every day I have been checking the Tangie tent to see if they are showing signs of sex yet, and its very hard to tell at this point but it seems that plants #3, #4 and #5 are showing white pistils, so I think at least I have 3 females so far. I think it will be another 2-4 days before I am absolutely sure which are male and female and I have read it can show as quick as 4 days or take up to 2 weeks. I'm really happy that so far I have 3 females, and hoping to have at least 4, but if not I will be extremely happy with 3 :)

I have to say these girls are sucking up water very fast in the last few weeks, and I have to feed them about every 3 days or they wilt pretty bad and I have let them go 2x too long, which ended up in some of the lower leaves dying off. Today I gave them some plain R/O water with no additives and my next feeding will be another earth juice tea in 3 days :)

The smell of the girls has really been increasing with every week, and they smell amazing. Sort of a mix between oranges and skunk and very very pungent.

Here are today's photos.

IMG_20151102_214710.jpg
IMG_20151102_214724.jpg
IMG_20151102_214740.jpg
IMG_20151102_214750.jpg
IMG_20151102_214803.jpg
IMG_20151102_214809.jpg
IMG_20151102_214818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom