Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

looking really good bro! You're not gonna believe it....

Thank's Doc! Much appreciate the compliment, especially from the Brix master himself :) :bravo:

I have begun my 2nd round of foliar spray's, this one being a 3:1 mixture of 0ppm R/O, D/I water with compost tea. I know it will only be good for a few more day's so I am giving them a good spray 2x a day, once in the morning when they wake up, and once as there going to sleep :)

They really seem to love the compost tea, I wish they had more leaves so I could test the Brix before and after, but there just not big enough to sacrifice any fans yet... I'll have to wait.. :)

I found an interesting article that stated a farmer used a combo of just honey and milk and instantly saw a 2 brix increase by foliar spray...

I also found others claiming that adding a small amount of cola/soda to the foliar sprays, people were also noticing an increase in brix, because of the phosphoric acid...

I have been using milk in my foliar's so far with no adverse effects, but I did notice that the foliar spray will smell kind of foul after a day or 2... so its pretty much a mix use and dump additive. :)

So far my plant's look unbelievably happy and I very much appreciate you introducing the High Brix Method to all of us!!!

I am also impressed with the gas lamp routine on how tight the nodes are forming and how fast they are growing, who knew a little more rest and photochrome manipulation could energize the plants like this, and save me $$$ on electric :)

Happy April Fools Day to everyone :)

Today is Day 9 of Veg and I couldn't be happier on how fast these ladies are growing and responding to there new environment. I have been giving foliar sprays of the compost tea 2x per day, once in the morning's when the light's are coming on and once in the evening's when the light's are going off. The ladies seem to be loving it :)

I also have been doing continuous LST on the girls, as soon as they grow up high enough or a new top forms, I tie her down, and the plant's seem to really be into the training, within hours growing back towards the light...

The soil is still really moist from the feeding the other day so it's going to be a while before I have to feed them again, I am guessing at least another 6 days, but will monitor there uptake by the "pot lift method" as well as monitoring there growth and responses.

I'm debating what my next type of feeding should be, since this last was compost tea, I am thinking my best bet would be a very high sugar/carb feeding, some b-vitamin's, humic acid, cal/mag, and some 0-3-2 Earthjuice bloom because of its ingredients including soft rock phosphate :) (low amounts) any suggestion's on what my next feeding should be, keeping the high brix method in mind...

Here are today's photo's as the lights came on this morning
DSC043331.JPG
DSC043342.JPG

Holy Grail OG (she is exploding with tons of branches!!!)
DSC043351.JPG

Silverback OG (she is taking a little while to get going, but looking very healthy)
DSC043361.JPG

Blackberry Kush (she finally decided to join the rest in explosive growth, must have been the LST that gave her the jumpstart)
DSC043401.JPG

Platinum Bubba (both of my platinum bubba's are doing very well )
DSC043391.JPG
DSC043371.JPG

Sour Bubble, (some beautiful leaves on her, she has a lot of lower budsites, but just not growing from them as fast as the other's..)
DSC043381.JPG

Damn! You're looking real good there!

If I were you, I'd feed tea and minerals only next time. You've got large pots....lots of organic matter for them to munch on.....kick up the microherd!

Do you have some minerals you can top dress with?

I have the greensand right now along with epsoma Cal/mag and epsom salt, and hopefully will be picking up some soft rock phosphate and gypsum if I can find it before the next feeding...With each foliar and nutrient feeding I have been adding cold pressed seaweed, which is also micronutrient rich :)

Also my soil has crushed volcanic rock which from I read is very very high in trace minerals and kelp powder which also is another source so hopefully this will get me by for now...

Here are some of the things I have in my plethora of organic nutrients I haven't used but may be useful at some point's of the grow...

general organic's Bio root which is a 1-1-1
Ingredients: Alfalfa meal, brewers yeast, potassium sulphate, rock phosphate, sea kelp and soybean meal. (haven't used it yet, but figured it might be good to rotate in every 1/3 feeding)

Earth Juice Grow, I've left this one alone until later veg when the N may be low, but for now my N should be pretty high with all the guano's, worm casings, and base soils...2-1-1
Ingredients: Oat bran, sea kelp, bat guano, steamed bone meal, natural potash, blood meal and feather meal.

Earth Juice Catalyst ( I actually have used small amounts of this in my tea)
Ingredients: Oat bran, sea kelp, wheat malt, molasses and yeast.

I also have the Earthjuice Microblast, but I do not want to use it because it is mostly synthetic and don't want to harm my microlife... Ingredients: Kelp meal, magnesium sulfate, borax, cobalt sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, sodium molybdate and zinc sulfate

Another one I don't plan on using because it's non organic is Earthjuice Meta-k which is a 0-0-10 but is composed of Ingredients: Sulfate of potash. I think I am going to see what other options are available for K if needed..and with the high brix ratio's, seems to me what I have been using should be more than enough in this area..

I think out of all thats listed, the bioroot may be the only one I think I should use, the rest are pretty much useless for this grow since I'm also trying to stay organic/natural 100%...either way I can't believe how healthy they already are looking :)

I have the greensand right now along with epsoma Cal/mag and epsom salt, and hopefully will be picking up some soft rock phosphate and gypsum if I can find it before the next feeding...With each foliar and nutrient feeding I have been adding cold pressed seaweed, which is also micronutrient rich :)

Also my soil has crushed volcanic rock which from I read is very very high in trace minerals and kelp powder which also is another source so hopefully this will get me by for now...

Here are some of the things I have in my plethora of organic nutrients I haven't used but may be useful at some point's of the grow...

general organic's Bio root which is a 1-1-1
Ingredients: Alfalfa meal, brewers yeast, potassium sulphate, rock phosphate, sea kelp and soybean meal. (haven't used it yet, but figured it might be good to rotate in every 1/3 feeding)

Earth Juice Grow, I've left this one alone until later veg when the N may be low, but for now my N should be pretty high with all the guano's, worm casings, and base soils...2-1-1
Ingredients: Oat bran, sea kelp, bat guano, steamed bone meal, natural potash, blood meal and feather meal.

Earth Juice Catalyst ( I actually have used small amounts of this in my tea)
Ingredients: Oat bran, sea kelp, wheat malt, molasses and yeast.

I also have the Earthjuice Microblast, but I do not want to use it because it is mostly synthetic and don't want to harm my microlife... Ingredients: Kelp meal, magnesium sulfate, borax, cobalt sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, sodium molybdate and zinc sulfate

Another one I don't plan on using because it's non organic is Earthjuice Meta-k which is a 0-0-10 but is composed of Ingredients: Sulfate of potash. I think I am going to see what other options are available for K if needed..and with the high brix ratio's, seems to me what I have been using should be more than enough in this area..

I think out of all thats listed, the bioroot may be the only one I think I should use, the rest are pretty much useless for this grow since I'm also trying to stay organic/natural 100%...either way I can't believe how healthy they already are looking :)

The kind of minerals I was talking about were the rock poweders and the micro's.

BTW, that Earth Juice Microblast is a great product. Don't be afraid to use it. The manganese alone is worth it.

Your grow is looking awesome bro. You'll have top shelf just by staying the course.....just use less food and more microbes.

If you could top dress 1/2 cup with high calcium limestone, soft rock phosphate and gypsum in a 6-5-3 ratio, you'll be pretty much where I was on my OG grow, right before the current grow. I was so happy I added those minerals!

The kind of minerals I was talking about were the rock poweders and the micro's.

BTW, that Earth Juice Microblast is a great product. Don't be afraid to use it. The manganese alone is worth it.

Your grow is looking awesome bro. You'll have top shelf just by staying the course.....just use less food and more microbes.

If you could top dress 1/2 cup with high calcium limestone, soft rock phosphate and gypsum in a 6-5-3 ratio, you'll be pretty much where I was on my OG grow, right before the current grow. I was so happy I added those minerals!

How often are you top dressing with these? Since my soil was just mixed and its only been a week and a half...is it too soon to add these? How frequent do you top dress your plants...? every feeding, every few? Man if I could get my OG to look like yours, I would be a very happy camper!

wouldn't the earthjuice be too much S with all the sulfate's added, SO4, I mean thats a lot of oxygen released to the soil, but at the same time a lot of sulphur... would it be too much? also, since its synthetic and bonded by sulfuric acid, wouldnt this negatively effect my microlife?

How often are you top dressing with these? Since my soil was just mixed and its only been a week and a half...is it too soon to add these? How frequent do you top dress your plants...? every feeding, every few? Man if I could get my OG to look like yours, I would be a very happy camper!

wouldn't the earthjuice be too much S with all the sulfate's added, SO4, I mean thats a lot of oxygen released to the soil, but at the same time a lot of sulphur... would it be too much? also, since its synthetic and bonded by sulfuric acid, wouldnt this negatively effect my microlife?

No.....microbes love sulfur. I'm not saying to add it all the time....use it once or twice!

I top dressed with the rock powders once for the OG's.

Now, I'm adding small amounts weekly in the tea's, because I didn't fortify some of the soil I'm using.

If you get them, add them properly, not fudging this product for that, or leaving one out...if you add the correctly, it's like installing a turbo charger, provided you're feeding with good teas....which you are!

Did you already add these to the soil? Pardon me if I forgot, I've got a lot of folks asking me to look at their grows and I often forget who's who.

No.....microbes love sulfur. I'm not saying to add it all the time....use it once or twice!

I top dressed with the rock powders once for the OG's.

Now, I'm adding small amounts weekly in the tea's, because I didn't fortify some of the soil I'm using.

If you get them, add them properly, not fudging this product for that, or leaving one out...if you add the correctly, it's like installing a turbo charger, provided you're feeding with good teas....which you are!

Did you already add these to the soil? Pardon me if I forgot, I've got a lot of folks asking me to look at their grows and I often forget who's who.

Very much appreciate the help and time your taking to assist me with this !!

So far mineral wise, whats been added was volcanic rock and kelp meal (in the worm casings), greensand, epsoma cal mag, and epsom salts... also for phosphates bat and bird guanos...This was all added into the base soil mixture..

At clone transplant I added to each hold before placing the rootball, a spoonful of each: greensand, epsoma cal mag, mycos maximum

With nutrient tea, EJ bloom was added in very small amount for added rock phosphate...

So with this, should I hold off for a week or 2 before re-mineralizing?

Very much appreciate the help and time your taking to assist me with this !!

So far mineral wise, whats been added was volcanic rock and kelp meal (in the worm casings), greensand, epsoma cal mag, and epsom salts... also for phosphates bat and bird guanos...This was all added into the base soil mixture..

At clone transplant I added to each hold before placing the rootball, a spoonful of each: greensand, epsoma cal mag, mycos maximum

With nutrient tea, EJ bloom was added in very small amount for added rock phosphate...

So with this, should I hold off for a week or 2 before re-mineralizing?

Naw....you need mineralized bro! (if you want to)

6 parts limestone
5 parts Soft rock phosphate
3 parts gyspsum

Please understand, if you don't do this you're still going to have really nice plants....super nice! This just sort of puts the icing on the cake as it were.....no bull, it's pretty incredible to see.

Naw....you need mineralized bro! (if you want to)

6 parts limestone
5 parts Soft rock phosphate
3 parts gyspsum

Please understand, if you don't do this you're still going to have really nice plants....super nice! This just sort of puts the icing on the cake as it were.....no bull, it's pretty incredible to see.

I like icing :) Thanks Doc.... I will be getting some of these this week :)

Alright!!! I got my order placed for soft rock phosphate, calcium carbonate powder, gypsum, and added in lava sand also because of its very high CEC and paramagnetic values as well as very high mineral content. Don't know if they will get here in time for the next feeding, but for sure will be available for the one after that!!! Can't wait to get this High Brix Process into full swing!!!

I can't believe how many gardening centers have no clue what these items are... none of the gardening centers carried any of these products except gypsum, and the calcium carbonate I had to order from a biochemical company, the shipping was more than the actual powder...lol

I also found a product that I am going to try out.... It's similar to CO2 bags but it is a sheet that you spray with water, and can output around 1000ppm of CO2 for about 2 weeks... not to shabby!!! I won't be introducing the CO2 sheets until late veg/early bloom to get the most out of my grow, so for now I believe the fermentation method of yeast/water/sugar will have to do :)

Hey everyone, today is day 10 of veg and the ladies seem to just be really off to a great start :) As I posted earlier I ordered the remaining last puzzle pieces to the High Brix Method of growing: soft rock phosphate, calcium carbonate, lava sand, and gypsum and they should be arriving within the next week to week and a half :)

I had to dump my compost tea foliar spray because it was foul and smelling pretty rotten, so I mixed up a new round of foliar spray to help boost there micro population as well as brix levels.

I mixed up 1L of 0ppm R/O D/I water and added:

3ml of Adv Nutr Fulvic Acid (carbons, aids nutrient absorption)
1ml Adv Nutr Liquid Carboload (complex sugars for immediate uptake/feed microbes)
5ml General Organics Cal/Mag 5:1 and amino chelated, with molasses and cane sugar (feed microbes, great calcium supply, amino chelated for direct uptake)
1ml General Organics Cold Pressed seaweed (micronutrients, enzymes, cytokins)
1ml Advanced Nutrients Organic B (b-vitamins, full spectrum)

These were added in very small amounts per water ratio, and main ingredient was cal/mag :)

The ladies are still thriving on the Gas Lamp Routine and I will probably give it another week and then start adding my 600w HPS to the mix, starting it off at hour 5 of daylight, on for peak 2 hours, and then off again, slowly ramping it longer and longer towards flowering where I will have 1000w (400w CMH and 600w HPS) running on a 10/14 schedule :) Right now the 600w HPS is only firing up for 1 hour during the night cycle..

Here are the photo's for today

enjoy!

Full Tent views
DSC043411.JPG
DSC043421.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043432.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043441.JPG

Sour Bubble *BOG ( I swear they must have mated cannabis with a vine..look at this lanky beast!!! lol)
DSC043451.JPG

Holy Grail OG, already you can see she is in-route to be a 1/4lb plant :)
DSC043462.JPG

Silverback OG...she seems to be taking on slowly, but adapting quickly to the LST
DSC043471.JPG

Platinum Bubba, This one has had some weird leaves since I got her, I am sure once she get's settle she will smooth out, but kind of odd ?
DSC043482.JPG

Here is a better view of the tent currently (added a CO2 fermentation jug, water yeast and sugar)
DSC043491.JPG

Looking great arround here. Very interesting reading for sure. I appreiciate the thorough documentation and thought process you have provided.

There is a wealth of info in the grow already.

Looking great arround here. Very interesting reading for sure. I appreiciate the thorough documentation and thought process you have provided.

There is a wealth of info in the grow already.

Thanks for the compliment 70sG!!! I try to post as much as possible when I learn it, reading it and then re-writing it helps me to memorize it better :)

Anyone know how to isolate and cultivate lithotrophs?

Been reading a lot about these "rock eating" bacteria and its pretty interesting. A lithotroph is a catagory of bacteria that will utilize certain elements, sulfur being a very common one that they feed on. When the lithotroph's "digest" the sufur, it is converted to sulfuric acid, and this not only will dissolve the carbonate's in the soil making them available for plant uptake, but also a waste product of the process being CO2, which feeds other bacteria's in the soil. :)

I was just wondering if there is a source of breeding lithotrophs, outside of compost teas, or way's you can build a large lithotroph colony in your soil?

Hey everyone!, Today is Day 12 of Veg.... the girls are looking really good and have been showing new growth every day!!! With all the LST many of the ladies now have at least 3-4 tops and the count will continue to grow through veg :) I tied down all the new growth today, anything that was able to be tied down was LST'd, and hopefully they will really start to bush out even more as I continue to stretch and train them :)

I noticed today that the soil was getting pretty dry, and within the next 2 day's they will be ready for there next feeding. Since my mineral/rock powder's won't arrive in time for this feeding, I tried to supplement them with the liquid organic nutrient's that I had, and tried to follow along the guidelines of ingredients and ratio's that I have been reading for the High Brix Method...

My primary goal for this feeding was to add Cal-Mag, as close to a 7:1 ratio as I can with what I have, as well as try to get as close to a 1-3-1 ratio with NPK..

I mixed up 4 gallons of 0ppm D/I R/O water.... and added:
10ml of earthjuice bloom 0-2-1 ratio, with soft rock phosphate
30ml of botanicare cal/mag, 5:1 ratio with added molasses and sugar cane (carbs)
10ml of Advanced Nutrients Liquid Carboload (complex sugars for immediate uptake)
1TBSP of organic unsulfured molasses (sugars, carbs, calcium)
1 large spoonful of Myco Maximum granular (mycos and bacterias)
10 ml of General Organics BioRoot 1-1-1 (soft rock phosphate, yeast)
20ml of Humic Acid 8% (carbons, chelation agent, micronutrients)

1 TBSP of greensand (trace minerals)
1 TBSP of Epsoma garden lime (cal/mag)
1 TBSP of Epsom salt (mg, sulfur)

Now this should leave me with around a 1-3-2 nutrient ratio (very very light amounts, about 1/4 recommended) along with a high calcium/magnesium content. It seems like a ton of additives, but really most are non-nutrient additives and with all that was added, my mix is only at around 520ppm, and right after mixing is sitting at 5.6PH.

I am going to bubble this mix until a nice layer of foam appears, as well as the ph hits around 6.4 which is ideal, and I think this should happen in the next 24 hours... :)

Well can't wait till my soil mineral additive's get here... :)

Here's the photo's for today,,

Full Tent Views

DSC043501.JPG
DSC043571.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043511.JPG

Platinum Bubba (she didn't like being sprayed while the light's were still on, but she will be fine...stupid mistake on my part)
DSC043521.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC043531.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043541.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC043552.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC043561.JPG

Hey Ice, are these clones or did you buy seeds?

"Platinum Bubba x2 (platinum kush (purple x master kush x og kush) x bubba kush)
Sour Bubble x1 (BX3 Bubblegum)
Silverback OG x1 (silverback (supersilver haze x grape ape) x OG)
Blackberry OG x1 (afghani mother x DJ shorts blue berry)"

These sound really tasty!!

Hey Ice, are these clones or did you buy seeds?

"Platinum Bubba x2 (platinum kush (purple x master kush x og kush) x bubba kush)
Sour Bubble x1 (BX3 Bubblegum)
Silverback OG x1 (silverback (supersilver haze x grape ape) x OG)
Blackberry OG x1 (afghani mother x DJ shorts blue berry)"

These sound really tasty!!

Hey TX, these are from clone that I got from a local genetics lab. :)

Back
Top Bottom