Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Ice

what are those yellow sticky traps called and where did you get them. It's a PITA making my home made gnat traps out of the fly strips that come in the little roll tubes.

Ice

what are those yellow sticky traps called and where did you get them. It's a PITA making my home made gnat traps out of the fly strips that come in the little roll tubes.

Hey Hash, I think Ice uses the same ones I do. They are manufactured by Seabright Laboratories...if you go on the rainforest site :rofl: and search for yellow sticky traps you'll find them. As long as you water with mosquito dunks a couple of times and put out those traps, the little bastards don't stand a chance! :thumb:

Ice, keep up the good work, and try not to get discouraged! Victory tastes sweetest when we've had to fight the hardest to get there! :thumb:

Ice

The cards are just called "yellow sticky cards" and they have blue ones too for different types of pests... I found them at the local hydro shop for like 6$ for a pack of 5, usually I tear them in half to get more use out of them... they work amazing if placed in all the dark and shady areas of the grow. Also mosquito dunks are awesome for keeping fungus gnat populations down...

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the photos, grow and my video. I am getting better and better with video editing on each video I do, so I will try to keep them coming. If anyone has any suggestions for DIY videos or how to videos, let me know and I will try to make videos that help everyone :)

Plus it helps me learn the video editing program better :)

how much of the mosquito dunk do you use, hole, half? and how often?

do I just mix one in a 1gl jug and water all 5 buckets with 1gl? use between nute feedings, or the same time?

I have 5 pots (4 5gl and 1 4gl buckets).

do I just mix one in a 1gl jug and water all 5 buckets with 1gl? use between nute feedings, or the same time?

I've used the mosquito dunks different ways and so far it seems like there pretty versitile... What I have found works great is take a dunk... break it into quarters and grind a quarter of a dunk between your fingers to powder it onto the top of the soil in your pots...just a good light dusting of the surface of the soil is fine... if you need more than 1/4 dunk.go for it, its just bacteria and is harmless to the plants... just don't inhale the dust and wash your hands afterwords with antibacterial soap...

After dusting your soil, mix the dust into the top layer of soil with a spoon or fork or some kind of tool like that, not too deep because you dont' want to harm your roots, just enough to work it in...

This is one way that you can use it..

Another way is to put it into your waterings...

Usually I bubble 5 gallons of water per feeding, and usually I will take a 1/2 dunk, every other feeding (if seeing gnats) and grind it up into the water...using my fingers to pinch the dunk apart... then I just water as normal...

dunks are a BTi which is a bacterial that gets in the soil... The gnat larvae eat the soil organic materials and the bacteria gets inside them and pretty much kills them before they can hatch...

A combo of yellow sticky cards, and the dunks should keep the gnats away... if the situation gets real bad you can always go with a soil dunk with azamax or azatrol... but thats really only needed if you catch the infestation too late..

I hear you guys I'm dealing with 90-100+ outside temps for the last 3 weeks. it's been a real pain in the a$$. My tent has been in the high 80's and 50-60 RH. I'm doing my best but all I can do is pray only in july and 13 days into 12/12.

Yeah my RH is at around 68% in the room and 61% in my tent... I should have collected some rainwater... could have had nuclear plants with all the fukashima radiation...

I've used the mosquito dunks different ways and so far it seems like there pretty versitile... What I have found works great is take a dunk... break it into quarters and grind a quarter of a dunk between your fingers to powder it onto the top of the soil in your pots...just a good light dusting of the surface of the soil is fine... if you need more than 1/4 dunk.go for it, its just bacteria and is harmless to the plants... just don't inhale the dust and wash your hands afterwords with antibacterial soap...

After dusting your soil, mix the dust into the top layer of soil with a spoon or fork or some kind of tool like that, not too deep because you dont' want to harm your roots, just enough to work it in...

This is one way that you can use it..

Another way is to put it into your waterings...

Usually I bubble 5 gallons of water per feeding, and usually I will take a 1/2 dunk, every other feeding (if seeing gnats) and grind it up into the water...using my fingers to pinch the dunk apart... then I just water as normal...

dunks are a BTi which is a bacterial that gets in the soil... The gnat larvae eat the soil organic materials and the bacteria gets inside them and pretty much kills them before they can hatch...

A combo of yellow sticky cards, and the dunks should keep the gnats away... if the situation gets real bad you can always go with a soil dunk with azamax or azatrol... but thats really only needed if you catch the infestation too late..

What he said! :rofl:

I broke them up into the water and then watered the plants...I figured since the dunks are designed to float in water, that might be the best way...of course you'll be left with the little pieces on the top of each pot either way. I added 1/4 dunk per 5 gallons of water, and applied it twice, a week apart...went from thousands of gnats to just a few in maybe 2 weeks. I might have hit them a third time just to be sure...but I can't remember.
But like Ice said...I doubt you could over do it. You could just as easily use one per 5 gallons. :thumb:

:ganjamon:

Hi Ice, Nice work with ur green officeroom!! :bravo:Lol..Sorry to fill ur journal with a Q+A section, but i just thought i would ask your opinion as pretty much all ur info ive read has been great advice!:thumb: ( kisses ass).. lol. But back to it, my C99xPR under my 400MH is obviously fairly short and bushy. The prob here lies i am used to a bit of space between levels of fan leaves, and now my girl is pear shaped :) short n bushy - with minimal space btween levels. As i m wanting to LST i dont want to stress or squash any nodes that are growing, so ive raised my lights height so theres 30cm distance from canopy n bottom of globe, i used CFL last time so there was bit of stretch-Now I overkilled her with lumens!! I know its wasting light but would putting light slightly higher be still enough for her to grow properly? I have a chart which shows optimal light distance etc, but if my aim is to stretch her a little, would say 45cm space frm top canopy to base of globe be ok?? Once she gains few inches ill begin her LST and the compact bottom branches can then flourish hopefully as they are already looking bushy and theyre still at main stem+leaf:) im not entirely sure how this strain grows so will have to find something on it. Im holding back on nutes now due to the single bladed leaf getting slight browning,its still alive but browns there til she falls off.Caught it just in time, all i given her since is light seaweed extract watering 4 days ago and distilled water.. Thanks for any comments suggestions if u dont mind takin a minute. Sorry again for posting here!!:Namaste: Cheers, Smokemup-Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Hi Ice, Nice work with ur green officeroom!! :bravo:Lol..Sorry to fill ur journal with a Q+A section, but i just thought i would ask your opinion as pretty much all ur info ive read has been great advice!:thumb: ( kisses ass).. lol. But back to it, my C99xPR under my 400MH is obviously fairly short and bushy. The prob here lies i am used to a bit of space between levels of fan leaves, and now my girl is pear shaped :) short n bushy - with minimal space btween levels. As i m wanting to LST i dont want to stress or squash any nodes that are growing, so ive raised my lights height so theres 30cm distance from canopy n bottom of globe, i used CFL last time so there was bit of stretch-Now I overkilled her with lumens!! I know its wasting light but would putting light slightly higher be still enough for her to grow properly? I have a chart which shows optimal light distance etc, but if my aim is to stretch her a little, would say 45cm space frm top canopy to base of globe be ok?? Once she gains few inches ill begin her LST and the compact bottom branches can then flourish hopefully as they are already looking bushy and theyre still at main stem+leaf:) im not entirely sure how this strain grows so will have to find something on it. Im holding back on nutes now due to the single bladed leaf getting slight browning,its still alive but browns there til she falls off.Caught it just in time, all i given her since is light seaweed extract watering 4 days ago and distilled water.. Thanks for any comments suggestions if u dont mind takin a minute. Sorry again for posting here!!:Namaste: Cheers, Smokemup-Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Hey Smokemup.... I would be happy to help you... a suggestion first off would be to start a grow journal here at 420magazine, and include photos and details of what you do along the way... that would allow for the best advice because then we all can follow along and help as need be :) just a suggestion...

Well to help with stretching.. definitely raising the lights will help induce stretching and I would place your light at around 18" from your tops, but don't go more than 22" or you may be supplying too little of light :) If you have a HPS bulb laying around, putting a HPS in will also help encourage stretching with the added red spectrum and limited blue.. If you plants are over 8" tall you definitely can start LST and you shouldn't have to worry about stress... LST is the least stressful out of all the training techniques that I know of and usually within the same day the plants respond positively so I would definitely start LST if you want a nice bushy plant with lots of tops :)

The seaweed should be good with the distilled to help supply amino acids, bvitamins, micronutriens and enzymes to your soil which is pretty helpful for plant stresses as well :) Another key thing to really healthy plants... compost tea :) with a good soil, water, compost tea and seaweed, you should be able to go through most of veg without any nutrients, or very light amounts :)

LOL. Don't get me started on that!

~Heirloom

Part of the reason that I started to filter my water with dual carbon filters as well as R/O and sediment filters.. get as much of that out of my drinking water as I can, being that a lot of Socal water comes from reservoirs fed from rainwater and melted mountain snow... It sucks because we probably are eating it in our produce, drinking it in our milk, heck, even inhaling dust from it... we wont see the effects for a good 25 years...
Same thing happened with the atomic tests in the 50s.... it spread radiation throughout the midwest and upper east coast and now tons of thyroid cancer cases are popping up because of it..

Part of the reason that I started to filter my water with dual carbon filters as well as R/O and sediment filters.. get as much of that out of my drinking water as I can, being that a lot of Socal water comes from reservoirs fed from rainwater and melted mountain snow... It sucks because we probably are eating it in our produce, drinking it in our milk, heck, even inhaling dust from it... we wont see the effects for a good 25 years...
Same thing happened with the atomic tests in the 50s.... it spread radiation throughout the midwest and upper east coast and now tons of thyroid cancer cases are popping up because of it..

I know, I know. I'm in the poor house at the moment so I have no choice but to use my well water. Would much rather filter it. One day.

I know, I know. I'm in the poor house at the moment so I have no choice but to use my well water. Would much rather filter it. One day.

I grew up with well water and I actually miss it, filtered by the earth for consumption :) What scares me is city water with all the unknowns and added chemicals... they add coloring to the water here just to make it blueish...other wise it would have a brown tint... yuck!!

I grew up with well water and I actually miss it, filtered by the earth for consumption :) What scares me is city water with all the unknowns and added chemicals... they add coloring to the water here just to make it blueish...other wise it would have a brown tint... yuck!!
Oh. Well that's just nasty! My well is shallow, really shallow. That gives me high PPM. The other wells around me and about 100ft higher have much softer water. Oh well. Seriously, I don't like to drink it, but will. I grew up 1/2 on well and 1/2 on city.

When are they going down ice ?

It will still be a while... I am guessing about 2 more weeks on the blackberry kush and the sour bubble, and the platinum bubbas probably 3 weeks...The OG's will be some time still...

Back
Top Bottom