Interrogation Techniques On Cannabis

You forgot @Emilya , I know she has mentioned using droughting techniques.
I haven't yet really done an experiment with any value to it as far as droughting goes, since I only used the technique once, to save a fairly wrecked grow, and it did seem to work.
I plan on doing an all clone run very soon, and when I do I am going to set aside a few for some specific side by side experiments, one with droughting, one with and without finishing nutes at the end, and one most likely with and without Dynomyco. Once I have seen a side by side of identical plants, I will be able to draw meaningful conclusions on several topics.

I've I tried a dark period once I think but didn't notice much difference really. I'm now curious to know if anyone has tried 24hr light at the end. That'd be pretty stressful I'm sure.
So like I said I'm basically running lights 24/7 only change is at night the lights get dimmed or ran on one switch(red)....I see tons of frost so far on the plants running them this way.

IMG_20220424_112642009.jpg

So like I said I'm basically running lights 24/7 only change is at night the lights get dimmed or ran on one switch(red)....I see tons of frost so far on the plants running them this way.

IMG_20220424_112642009.jpg
Do you run 24/7 from start to finish on autos? I was thinking more photos. Go from 12/12 to say 48 hours light at the end.

Do you run 24/7 from start to finish on autos? I was thinking more photos. Go from 12/12 to say 48 hours light at the end.
Yea from the very start ran this way on autos. All of my plants this grow have been really healthy and have grown quick and bushy... Last grow with autos I followed a 18/6 timer switched light schedule and my plants looked sad asf....

And ok I see what you mean now 12/12 then up to 48 hours light.... Normally an act like that would trigger reveg or Hermie right if done early on in flower? I'm sorry I am unfamiliar with photos.

Yea from the very start ran this way on autos. All of my plants this grow have been really healthy and have grown quick and bushy... Last grow with autos I followed a 18/6 timer switched light schedule and my plants looked sad asf....

And ok I see what you mean now 12/12 then up to 48 hours light.... Normally an act like that would trigger reveg or Hermie right if done early on in flower? I'm sorry I am unfamiliar with photos.
I'd probably run 24/7 if I could afford it. Actually finishing my current ones on 12/12.

Yeah usually going back longer hours would cause reveg. I'm wondering if maybe a couple of days would cause a positive stress reaction just before harvest. I haven't googled to see if anyone has tried it yet.

Hiya Hazmat
Well I've tried most of those things on your list and personally I'm not convinced by any of it
I do use cold water straight from the tap at the end with a small dose of H2O2 whilst they sit in a darkness in the bathtub where it is much cooler for 48 hrs or so
That routine is for my convenience, not necessarily a method as such but I do get very clean tasting buds

Hay Hapster :ciao:
Just saying Hi.
I'll catch up with you soon.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey bill hope the weekend was good and you got to relax with the fam.
Im up to my neck trying to get the summer grow ready.
We actually had some sun today and yesterday.
Been prepping soil and searching through moving boxes.
Seeing what is usable.
Found a couple things that didn't get thrown out.:woohoo:
I'm so feken excited buddy.:theband:
Got my jug of river water and beans are going to pop.
The train is leaving the station finally. :rofl:
Hope your having a great weekend my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Ok so I've decided due to the way my main stalk is set, I cannot do the stem split on fluffy butt....so through more reading and more rabbit holes o_O I stumbled across a still invasive but not as brutal stressing technique of stabbing the stems instead, and then leaving the stabbing object (in my case toothpicks) in the stem. I figure autos cannot endure such heavy stress so this one is still stressful but not as aggressive and it shouldn't kill it....shouldn't. :laugh: but it's the same concept....the plant reacts to the damage by trying to protect it's outer most exposed areas which in this case the colas....and how does a weed plant protect it self?.....by producing sweet sweet trichomes. So I've been watching these plants the whole grow and know how fast they've been producing.....so I should be able to spot rapid growth without issue.....if any.

Below pic of stem system and then same with spikes added......let's see how this goes.

IMG_20220425_185911003.jpg

IMG_20220425_190733892.jpg

Oh and as an FYI for all you guys/gals if you have any photos of your out of the box techniques please feel free to share them here....I'd like to see them and I'm sure others at the least would find it interesting.

Interrogation Techniques On Cannabis​

Tell you the truth, I've scolded, cajoled, pleaded, played good cop/bad cop, put them on double secret probation, I've even gone as far as to threaten them with hot hoses and rubber lights, it's never helped my quality or yield! (LOL)

Interrogation Techniques On Cannabis​

Tell you the truth, I've scolded, cajoled, pleaded, played good cop/bad cop, put them on double secret probation, I've even gone as far as to threaten them with hot hoses and rubber lights, it's never helped my quality or yield! (LOL)
So have you ever been told not to do something cuz it was bad ...and you did and I wasn't as bad as you were led to believe? That's basically what I'm doing .. if I don't do it myself it will haunt me and I'll end up fucking up a better grow in the future cuz I have this thought in the back of my head lol so it's for my own personal experience will it help or is it a waste of time? But hilarious "rubber lights" :laugh: :rofl: shit just that thought stresses me out.

So have you ever been told not to do something cuz it was bad

@Phytoplankton posted a joke. and kind of a good one.

i'm sorry @HappyHazmat88 , whaddya mean by the word interrogate ... ?

in·ter·ro·gate
[inˈterəˌɡāt]
VERB
ask questions of (someone, especially a suspect or a prisoner) closely, aggressively, or formally.
synonyms:
question · put questions to · cross-question · cross-examine · quiz · probe · catechize · sound out · interview · examine · debrief

i'm not sure how you are using it. but it's hilarious when you read the title.

Hey all, good Sunday funday morning.... I'm up with my espresso and a bowl sitting here reading reading reading as usual lol. So Ive been reading into pre-harvest stress techniques that claim to boost trichome and resin production at the end of flowering such as :
*Droughting to finish last 7-10 days.

*Stem splitting last 1-2 weeks of flower.

*Reduced light and temperature.

*Ice water treatment before 2 days before dark period.

*48-72 hours of darkness before chop.

All of these have varying testimonials, as some say it's snake oil and that it doesn't work at all if anything harms the plant and slows growth/production, which would mean possible smaller yield, less flavor full buds, etc...(<= I can see this point). And then others swear by it saying the damage done to the plant or stressors inflicted are beneficial in forcing the plant to ramp up thrichome/resin production in effort to "protect itself", which both contain THC and flavonoids..which we all strive to get the maximum in our budz right?...(<= so again I also see this point)..Both parties have people who have been growing for years and are heavily experienced....so who's right? Have they tried all techniques together....are they done singly?...is there a order in which to execute the techniques? All I know is that there is limited information on all these with the exceptions of droughting and the temp/light schedule drop... I'm close with one of my girls like two weeks out and I'm leaning heavy on trying at least one of these on her.... I'm not worried about the damage that could be done as she's almost finished anyways...

FYI- I'm asking if anyone knows anything or had done similar, not if it's a good idea or not.....so thanks in advanced.:Namaste:
It's all nothin but pure "Bro Science" all mostly Debunked Myths.. I've tried each one. Each method made my plants look like hell At the end.

Keep your plants healthy Until the day Before chop day... For a Quality Produced Bud.. JM2C :hookah: :peace:

I’m in the other camp. Can’t say I’ve tried them all but I’m impressed by initial observations of week 7 droughting technique. Theres research papers floating in academia on week 7 drougting, heck Maritimer & KrissI have thread dedicated to it. Everything we are doing is manipulating nature whether soil building or bottled nutes, topping, training, scrog, CO2, whatevs…. we are stressing the plant to achieve better results.

@Phytoplankton posted a joke. and kind of a good one.

i'm sorry @HappyHazmat88 , whaddya mean by the word interrogate ... ?

in·ter·ro·gate
[inˈterəˌɡāt]
VERB
ask questions of (someone, especially a suspect or a prisoner) closely, aggressively, or formally.
synonyms:
question · put questions to · cross-question · cross-examine · quiz · probe · catechize · sound out · interview · examine · debrief

i'm not sure how you are using it. but it's hilarious when you read the title.
Lol good morning @bluter yea I got his joke.... I may be a stoner but I'm not ignorant ;).

But for the title...I was thinking more so of how back in the day, when they wanted information from someone they would use torture techniques to get information from someone....so I want "info" from the plant...

Water boarding- -- ice water bath.

Bamboo shoots under nails--- Stabbing stem.

Starvation-- literally starving plant

Bright or no light for intimidating---- light manipulation

Jailing--- 48 darkness

Might be a the "wrong" title but I didn't want to write happy tortures a plant.... You know what I mean?! :laugh: I'm not just mutilating a plant I'm trying to damage within reason to create stress and watch how they react.

Enhanced interrogation techniques" or "enhanced interrogation" is a euphemism for the program of systematic torture of detainees by the Central Intelligence Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency.

It's all nothin but pure "Bro Science" all mostly Debunked Myths.. I've tried each one. Each method made my plants look like hell At the end.

Keep your plants healthy Until the day Before chop day... For a Quality Produced Bud.. JM2C :hookah: :peace:
It's ok if it is... Like I said until I get it out of my system it'll haunt me to do this or worse just because of something I read that had some kind factuality to it... And with this my mind stays with dutch growers from the 70s that swore by stem splitting and still use today. So why would someone repeat a process that doesn't work? What do they see that we don't? Questions my mind refuses to let go lol.

Back
Top Bottom