InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm all caught up once again. :) First off, congratulations on Sept PoTM win - that 5KC was a beauty! (Sorry I missed the voting cycle on that one.)
That's 474g, plus the 28g I gave to my son's friend who helped trim, which brings the total to:
502g or 17.7oz. :thumb:
Holy Moly! :welldone:
That's the GM harvest and the last of the summer grow. :thanks: for stopping by!
Congrats on the Grampa harvest. Amazing recovery from it's early SIP issues! Must feel a little odd not to have anything to schlep right now.
I'm not sure if I'll do this again next year, but if I do it will end up being a much smaller plant, so I think the 5KC will be the record-holder for me. :thumb:
I share those same thoughts regarding my SIP plant. If I use the SIP again next year, I gotta keep the plant much smaller.
Remember those dying sugar leaves I posted some pics of on Friday? A couple of those were on their way to rot, so I lost a few small nugs at the top:
I'm seeing the same thing beginning on my China Cat plant. I think my weekly BT spraying is causing a case of bud rot... but at least the caterpillars are not a problem.

congratulations on Sept PoTM win - that 5KC was a beauty!
Thanks BL! It did look pretty nice back there. :)
Holy Moly!
IKR? Now that I broke the 1lb mark it makes me realize I should really grow much smaller plants. :)
Congrats on the Grampa harvest. Amazing recovery from it's early SIP issues! Must feel a little odd not to have anything to schlep right now.
Thanks, and it is pretty strange to just have a few solo cups and the 1 gallon Candida to move in the mornings. And I can go a week before I need to mix more nutes now!
I share those same thoughts regarding my SIP plant. If I use the SIP again next year, I gotta keep the plant much smaller.
This. ↑↑
I'm seeing the same thing beginning on my China Cat plant. I think my weekly BT spraying is causing a case of bud rot... but at least the caterpillars are not a problem.
I've never heard of BT causing rot, so that's an interesting idea. The BT itself or just the added moisture? I sprayed BT, citric acid, and castille soap on mine and didn't have any rot at all on the 5KC, and only a bit on the GM.

I've never heard of BT causing rot, so that's an interesting idea. The BT itself or just the added moisture? I sprayed BT, citric acid, and castille soap on mine and didn't have any rot at all on the 5KC, and only a bit on the GM.
Well, not the BT specifically, but I douse the buds pretty well when I spray so they get pretty wet. Only the China Cat has seen the bud rot. My theory is because its buds a quite a bit larger and denser than my other plant (Sensi Cheese).

First things first:

Happy Thanksgiving to our lovely neighbors to the north, and I hope you get to spend it with good family and great friends!

Next up, a Monday mini-update, because there's not much happening these days on the growing front.

On Saturday I cut the Grandpa's Moonshine buds off the branches and bagged them:

They settled at 70% RH so I'll be burping them down once the humidity in my house gets under 70%. In the meantime I'm just burping them. :)

Also, I handed off the 3-in-1 Amnesia Lemon Kush clones on Sunday, along with the 3-in-1 5 Killer Cookies clones (both seen here) to my usual clone-taker. It occurred to me that with nearly 18oz of 5KC I can't see ever growing it again!

That just leaves my Candida mother (that I need to get cuttings from), and these three Grandpa's Moonshine clones:

Pretty dull at my house. 😴 I do need to whip up another batch of pain oil this weekend, so I'll run through that when it happens. In the meantime, stay safe and grow green!
:green_heart:

Quotes:
What a harvest. I'd hit those nugs all day. Incredible numbers you got for your effort. 4g a day is nuts
Thanks Lerugged! 4g/day is crazy, and it kinda makes me want to do another (smaller) sub-irrigated one next year just to see if I can get close. Months away though so we'll see.
Well, not the BT specifically, but I douse the buds pretty well when I spray so they get pretty wet. Only the China Cat has seen the bud rot. My theory is because its buds a quite a bit larger and denser than my other plant (Sensi Cheese).
So you're thinking it was the added moisture to the large and dense flowers? Were you spraying early or late?

So you're thinking it was the added moisture to the large and dense flowers? Were you spraying early or late?
Yes, that's my thought. I always spray in the morning so that the buds have the warmth of the day to dry out. I usually don't have bud rot issues, but it has been unseasonably cool this past month.

Wow, kudos on the 5KC weigh in! Beasts like that don’t come along very often and you def slayed it. :bravo: Should get Mrs. Shed high for a loooong time. 😶‍🌫️

Congrats on the moonshine take down, another beautiful harvest, my friend. How unlucky for grandpa to finish after 5KC, got a bit of the Fred Kaps treatment, eh?

I'll be whipping up cbd cap oil today. Candida for the win baby! I'll post your recipe at my place. My body's acclimated from Celebrex to Candida CBD now. Feels like the 90mg dose = one cbrex for inflammation. I'm already bruising much less after only a few weeks!
Try a little CBD-A in the mix. The acidic version is supposed to be much more efficiently absorbed by the body, something like 10x! Also is supposed to be more water soluble like steeped in a tea.

Yes, that's my thought. I always spray in the morning so that the buds have the warmth of the day to dry out. I usually don't have bud rot issues, but it has been unseasonably cool this past month.
I've sprayed some pretty dense flowers and haven't seen that before. Could it be naturally occurring like the three tips of my GM flowers? All those tops got the same treatment and dry out from the sprays within an hour.
Wow, kudos on the 5KC weigh in! Beasts like that don’t come along very often and you def slayed it. Should get Mrs. Shed high for a loooong time.
Congrats on the moonshine take down, another beautiful harvest, my friend. How unlucky for grandpa to finish after 5KC, got a bit of the Fred Kaps treatment, eh?
Dunno who Fred Kaps is or what treatment he gives (magic haircuts?), but thanks double H! I'm already handing out 5KC to folks who stop by as well as the guy I gave the clones to. :)
I'll be whipping up cbd cap oil today. Candida for the win baby! I'll post your recipe at my place. My body's acclimated from Celebrex to Candida CBD now. Feels like the 90mg dose = one cbrex for inflammation. I'm already bruising much less after only a few weeks!
That's so terrific Otter. :bravo: on growing your own meds to replace the meds with all those side effects

Try a little CBD-A in the mix. The acidic version is supposed to be much more efficiently absorbed by the body, something like 10x! Also is supposed to be more water soluble like steeped in a tea.
Thanks Azi! Do we know if CBDa elicits the same anti-inflammatory response as CBD? Oh wait:

"In recent studies, CBDA exhibited anti-hyperalgesia and anti-inflammatory effects."
From here:

"Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind"
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom