InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I hope you don't mind me jumping in an giving you my experience.

Best of luck to you.
I don't mind at all UG, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! I'm going to give the electric distiller a shot since it's not a huge investment at $100, and I can plug it in and leave it outside to work without having to deal with a fire under a still. And since I'm starting at 120 proof I'm curious to see how close to 190 I can get it.

Do you know what makes the terpenes you used liquid? They must mix them with something to get them into solution. And can you post a picture of your homemade vape pen? Must have been a great feeling of accomplishment to get that working. That kind of construction is well beyond what I could do, so I'm looking at stuff currently on the market.

We'll see!

I am smoking my Sour D right now.
I am pretty darn giggly with a shit-eating grin on my face.
First smoke of the day so there was nothing to cloud my judgement.:ganjamon:

I'm so sad now. Just realized how little I have left.:confused:

But now I'm happy because I just took another rip!:p:D

Here we call that talk you just pulled "Hello ax handle"...

I wanna smoke too... :rolleyes:

:laugh:

happy new year Vg!

Last thing I want is blue plants, so I went with gibberellic acid.

While I googled for that image of that guy I learned he finally dropped out, wonder how much colloidal silver he swallowed down... another example of how obsessions can be dangerous. I better watch out... my latest is building an super sonic acetone vapor polisher for my finally looking good ABS prints. This makes my black abs prints fuse beautifully to almost looking like shiny piano lacquer.

full

Never heard of that Gibb acid, does it work on plastics? :p

That plant lineup looks gorgeous! Never seen a dark DP before, first thought it was some DD. Take it easy between all DP's and DD's now and have a great new year. I will be celebrating with my bro and some Cyberpunk tonight....
:party:

I don't mind at all UG, and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! I'm going to give the electric distiller a shot since it's not a huge investment at $100, and I can plug it in and leave it outside to work without having to deal with a fire under a still. And since I'm starting at 120 proof I'm curious to see how close to 190 I can get it.

Do you know what makes the terpenes you used liquid? They must mix them with something to get them into solution. And can you post a picture of your homemade vape pen? Must have been a great feeling of accomplishment to get that working. That kind of construction is well beyond what I could do, so I'm looking at stuff currently on the market.

We'll see!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will certainly keep an eye on your progress.

I use authentic CCELL cartridges from Hamilton Devices designed for thick oil. Here is a photo of a new one.

As for terpenes. I use Kind Liquidizer. It is flavorless and all natural.
Once the oil is decarbed and still hot I mixed in around 20% if the liquidizer.
I also added 2 drops of their AK47 strain specific terpenes. I can see adding the extra terpenes of other strains and flavors as a fun project once the process is locked in for a flavor bonanza!!
Apart from terps and cartridges you will need some disposable syringes, dispensing needles, 5ml sample vials and if you have one an infrared thermometer. That comes in handy to monitor the decarbing temp.

ccell.jpg

Monday update y'all...the one where I do the post-stretch thin!

Sunday was warm and sunny and it was flip day 21, so time to take out all the stuff I don't want to trim (#nolarf), as well as forcing the plant to move the growth hormones to the buds at the ends of the branches that I left. Let's take a look at the before and after for the Colombian Gold 2:

Here is the pile of stuff I took off:

When you separate some of it out, you can see that it's not just larfy buds. There a lot of long branches that go as well. Here are some of the ones I could be bothered to pull out for show-and-tell!

Here is the Durban Poison before and after:

And because some folks ask me about this process when I go through it, I thought I would give an example as well as a description:

This was a lower branch that I decided to leave on the plant, but I only wanted the end of the branch to have buds on it, so I pulled off all the stuff further down, leaving only the last few inches of buds to keep bulking. I take off what I call the lowers of the lowers.

I don't recommend this as a thinning method to everyone, but if you don't want to spend a lot of time trimming larf and want to maximize top growth near the lights, it's definitely the way to go.

I have no idea whether I get a bigger harvest by leaving only the tops and stripping the fluff or whether I never make up in top growth what I lose when I trim, but I don't really care! I want the inside of the plant pretty empty (as you can see in the main before/after pics) which helps when I spray for bugs and lowers the chance of PM or rot because of the enhanced airflow.

By the way, after I did the thinning, everything got sprayed with the Safer's Insecticidal Soap spray, and washed off about 4 hours later. No effect on the pistils but positive effect on the aphids!

Finally, here are the final heights for @BeezLuiz's spreadsheet. The Durban Poison is topping out at 41":

And the Colombian Gold 2 is at 37":

They are still getting around 4.5g/gallon straight MC, not showing any signs of deficiencies, and they get 2.5 gallons each every third day (or at least they did before the thinning).

That's it for me today! Feel free to ask any questions that you think of, and tomorrow we'll take another look at the Candida GA3 experiment. I hope your weekend went well, and that the precautions you take will keep the virus from your door.

:peace:
Hi @InTheShed , late post but this reminds me of a nice grow I helped with once. The strain was a tangerine bud of some kind.. The guy said to cut the "suckers" off just like tomatoes! Looks like what you're doing.
Have a great new year my friend. Smile and stay stoneder

First off, happy new year everyone! Let's ring in the new year safely, knowing that this time next year we will be glad to have survived. :peace:
That plant lineup looks gorgeous! Never seen a dark DP before, first thought it was some DD. Take it easy between all DP's and DD's now and have a great new year. I will be celebrating with my bro and some Cyberpunk tonight....
This is the same strain that @Archiweedies grew, and his looked like this!
Homemade vape pen Hummm i am in , got some schatter from around here and its damn good but smoking it has been a PIA .. did line a joint with it Tasty !! Speaking of ,plants look awesome Shed
Thanks sb!
I use authentic CCELL cartridges from Hamilton Devices designed for thick oil. Here is a photo of a new one.
Those look similar to the Ispire ones that have been floating around here. Oil thickness seems to be the sticking point in the process.
That's where I run into a problem. Kind says, "This product does not contain PG, VG or PEG. It is a proprietary blend of carrier oils which is a perfect solution to dilute with thick oils."

I'm sorry but that ingredient list isn't good enough for me to determine the safety of the product when burned and inhaled.
if you have one an infrared thermometer. That comes in handy to monitor the decarbing temp.
I keep meaning to buy one of those (to see where my house is losing most of the heat in the winter) but never managed to pull the trigger.
Hi @InTheShed , late post but this reminds me of a nice grow I helped with once. The strain was a tangerine bud of some kind.. The guy said to cut the "suckers" off just like tomatoes! Looks like what you're doing.
Have a great new year my friend. Smile and stay stoneder
Thanks Fred! Similar to tomatoes or thinning peach trees after they flower. You want a few big ones and not a lot of tiny ones. :)

I'm keeping my eye out for a wheel locally, it has been years since I threw anything

Harbor Freight has a economical version
Love throwing a pot! Been a while though. Raku was fun haha

I'm keeping my eye out for a wheel locally, it has been years since I threw anything
They show up on Craigslist once in a while, so keep checking!
Oh good idea, thanks!
Winter kids are looking spot on Shed! They so big. Kudos lugging them around the way you (still) do. Keeps ya young I guess!
Thank you Amy! The older I get the less I like to lug them on watering day :rolleyes:
Hope you and your lovely others find some fun times at home for ringing in the new year - and saying farewell to the old
I'm sure we'll be playing Dutch Blitz, maybe CodeNames. And these days I'm asleep by midnight. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Love throwing a pot! Been a while though. Raku was fun haha
Never had anywhere to do Raku, but I never really had any use for purely decorative stuff. Mugs, vases, pitchers, and bowls were about all I threw.

Your trees look like herb plants, Shed. Neat trick! :Rasta:

Those winter ladies are looking sweet, Shed!
This cold weather should help bring the colors out even more..
I've had one of those for about a year now- I think it was 10 bucks- nothin fancy, but it gets the job done..

1609449266296.jpeg

Happy New Year, Shed! All the best to you and your family in 2021 and beyond.

:circle-of-love:

Highya ITS,

I hope you and yours and your journal followers have a great New Year!I certainly hope it won't be any worse than this one!! Are you the Designated Driver for tonight? Happy Smokin'

Hey Shed, happy new year bud. Let’s hope this next one blows away the last, eh?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will certainly keep an eye on your progress.

Once the oil is decarbed and still hot I mixed in around 20% if the liquidizer.
I also added 2 drops of their AK47 strain specific terpenes. I can see adding the extra terpenes of other strains and flavors as a fun project once the process is locked in for a flavor bonanza!!
Apart from terps and cartridges you will need some disposable syringes, dispensing needles, 5ml sample vials and if you have one an infrared thermometer. That comes in handy to monitor the decarbing temp.

ccell.jpg
wait you decarb your vaping oil? Why?

re: 420 AK-47 & Gold Leaf - 1st Try With Clones - Soil - In/Out - Vegging Till Fall '18!

45º give or take. 420dabbing recommended honey since I didn't have any rooting hormone handy. I didn't scrape the sides of the stem though so that may make the process take longer. Any day they aren't dead when I get home or wake up is a step forward for me!

Thanks for jumping in! Glad to have ya.
Apple cider vinegar can be used for a rooting agent.

Back
Top Bottom