Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

very nice. so what distance do you like to run the leds once the plants are established and strong?
Found that 8" is just about optimal. Any closer, even after hardening off is too much heat.

Looking really good Jandre!!! Can't wait to see them full bloom :) Happy Holiday's!
:cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you! Me neither. Blessed Yule, my brother!

Your "White Balance" may be working better on your camera.

I got the V2.0 COB's with LESS Red - V3.0 is being sent now for replacement.

V2.0 COB
V2_0_cob.jpg

V3.0 COB
V3_0_cob.jpg

WG

Duh I feel stupid............... Alaska told me what the Bunnies was............................ Hey all's good under the hood's I hope. and have a screamer Holidays. Keepem Green

wow... how'd you find that out?

Short answer = 20+ years working tech and multiple skype chats with the engineers

To be honest though..... I am not 100% "sure" this is the answer. Could you do me a favor and look to see which you have? U can see through the lenses easy enough with lights off. It seems to me the v2 should be throwing off more reds as well. But all the red 3w check out. Replacement looks fairly easy if u Don't mind a little soldering.
Merry green Christmas!
Wizgrow

Short answer = 20+ years working tech and multiple skype chats with the engineers

To be honest though..... I am not 100% "sure" this is the answer. Could you do me a favor and look to see which you have? U can see through the lenses easy enough with lights off. It seems to me the v2 should be throwing off more reds as well. But all the red 3w check out. Replacement looks fairly easy if u Don't mind a little soldering.
Merry green Christmas!
Wizgrow

DSCN12148.JPG

Cool - you got the V3...

Thanks to Icemuds photos I knew something was off because we had different led layouts. So back to the engineers who sent me both V2 an d V3 led maps. DAMMIT ..... it is not just the cob change.......the whole map changed - I have a V3 light with a v2 COB.....So instead of 22x 660 leds like you, I only currently have I4, I will post picks ASAP :)

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Flowering: Day 8

12/27/2014

As stated earlier, I had to lift the lights to a safer distance from the tops. Adventurer Biscuits is stretching like mad! Have 6" of vertical space left. This is me wanting stretch to stop, NOW!

Team iGro

Adventurer Biscuits

Green Fluffy Bunnies

thanks for the info and it looks like you'll get a great harvest if you let them bloom long enough. I've been having issues with my first led grow. I'm running a 100x3w unit and my plants are having some trouble growing under it. I started at 8" away with one week old plants, but moved them to 6" up a couple days in which was a stupid decision. next thing you know they stopped growing till I switched to cfl for like 3 days. after that I went back to led light at 12" away and have been progressively backing them off ever since lol. they are at 16" and 17" now and I hope to get some good growth out of both. entire ordeal I think I lost about 2 weeks of growth and a month of running the light for no reason. think 17" is ok for a sprout that's not strong yet? :lot-o-toke:

thanks for the info and it looks like you'll get a great harvest if you let them bloom long enough. I've been having issues with my first led grow. I'm running a 100x3w unit and my plants are having some trouble growing under it. I started at 8" away with one week old plants, but moved them to 6" up a couple days in which was a stupid decision. next thing you know they stopped growing till I switched to cfl for like 3 days. after that I went back to led light at 12" away and have been progressively backing them off ever since lol. they are at 16" and 17" now and I hope to get some good growth out of both. entire ordeal I think I lost about 2 weeks of growth and a month of running the light for no reason. think 17" is ok for a sprout that's not strong yet? :lot-o-toke:

Good luck b.real........you will get them dialed in, my friend.

It really depends on the power of the lights. At 300w, I would say about 13"-14" should be enough. For new sprouts, freshly germinated, I would start at 24" and very, very, very slowly close the gap to the minimum shown by the manufacturer. Only AFTER the plants are well established would I allow the lights to get any closer to the tops to try to push it past the manufacturer's stated minimum.

Back
Top Bottom