Just me and my little closet

Looks good. A bit crowded though. Will you be flowering soon? Keep in mind that the plants easily double and will often triple through the duration of flower cycle. Most of that growth happens in the first 2 weeks after the switch so be mindful of the space they will require. Have a nice day.

yea i gotta get them going on 12/12 i tried to switch a few days ago but my timer had other plans so it got replaced today. :cheer:

Well thats good. A lot of people try to do this without a timer. You can but you need to be a active scheduled mentality to do that. Timers arent very expensive so my thought process is if the benefit outweighs the cost then do it. Glad to see you still at it and your plants look well.

Yes your first harvest will be a awesome moment. All that work and learning will finally mean something then. You will see what I mean. Take it easy.

Just uploaded pictures to my journal everyone. Feel free to come and look. Take care

Daily pics. They had 500 PPM of fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom this morning. PH at 6.4 and the outflow was 6.8 and 6.7. Is the what i'm looking for with my PH. This is a soil grow remember that.

20140416_214750.jpg

Daily pics. They had 500 PPM of fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom this morning. PH at 6.4 and the outflow was 6.8 and 6.7. Is the what i'm looking for with my PH. This is a soil grow remember that.

I like to keep this little chart handy. It has served me well so far. Your soil ph looks to be on the high side.

pH_chart7.jpg

I'm still figuring out pH measurements. My understanding is watering with 6.4 your soil would be over 7.0 to get a runoff of 6.8. Hopefully someone with a little more experience can chime in and set us straight :)

really there is no set recipe for PH. You just have to adapt to how your soil buffers the ph and what effect nutrients have on the levels. I water at 6.4 and my runoff is 6.8 but if I feed I feed at 6.0 and my runoff is 6.8. Using a "new to me" growing medium I really pay attention to soil PH and temp. The promix BX I use is excellent at buffering nutes to 7.0 and only once has climbed to 8.0 and for a very short time. I fed this morning so I will wait till this eve and take a soil reading to see how its holding and adjust accordingly. They do have nutes out that if you mix as directed they will PH balance....not sure how this works but my guess is you use distilled water for a constant.

Cheers everyone! You rock Rillios, great grow and journal!

I dont really ph water anymore since as you said the soil buffers it. When I did ph it I enjoyed that part but someone suggested using baking soda as ph up and it almost killed my plants so I no longer ph. I didnt ph before this grow and did really good. Rillos is correct generally well water doesnt have any issues like city water has.

Back
Top Bottom