Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Day 19, tallest plant grew into the air flow of the fan above it, it tipped one of its leaf tips down to let me know.

All PGCs transplanted successfully with no shock. I will label the PGC containers tomorrow for easy viewing

IMG_7781.jpeg

12 hours later, Transplants have branched into their containers and begun growing. All PGC transplants successful.
IMG_7785.jpeg

The others are happily growing away.. The Purple Ghost Candy prefers its room to be 84-86F. Anything less than 84 and she will begin moving away from the light. The tall one is very temperature sensitive

IMG_7783.jpeg

She also prefers it on the drier side which I find interesting for such heavy sativa characteristics.

IMG_7784.jpeg

Transplanting is messy business no matter what I do so I’ve given up on doing it cleanly. I’ll be spending some time this evening cleaning up the room again. At that time I will readjust locations, label containers, and get everyone ready for the light change. I’ve gone from 16/8 to 17/7 a couple days ago and will go to 18/6 in a few more days. By Day 30 we should be at 50% light strength which is around 400W and an 18/6 schedule.

The plants will likely be in these containers for anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on how quickly they fill the containers out.

I’m still deciding whether I want to go with 3 gallons or 5 gallons. One is considerably more work than the other but is easier to manage. We’ll see.

This morning. Everyone loved their corrected watering, colors are smoothing out, transplants are already taking off. I’ll finish off transplants tonight

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

IMG_7771.jpeg
Just a heads up! Be cautious with any kind of wood chips you add on top of the containers. Aged birch and other trees are fine but stay away from any pine trees with high tannin content.

Cheers!

Just a heads up! Be cautious with any kind of wood chips you add on top of the containers. Aged birch and other trees are fine but stay away from any pine trees with high tannin content.

Cheers!

Great reminder! I’ve also heard/read that Walnut and Cedar are both poor choices for indoor/container growing. I went with Cypress for the large chunked container, the other ones have Cannabis mulch in different types to see which I prefer.

I’ve got hay and barley straw on the list of mulches to try as well. Currently I prefer the cola stems from smaller plants. There’s good airflow, it doesn’t block my top dresses, and it’s helping retain moisture really well

Great reminder! I’ve also heard/read that Walnut and Cedar are both poor choices for indoor/container growing. I went with Cypress for the large chunked container, the other ones have Cannabis mulch in different types to see which I prefer.

I’ve got hay and barley straw on the list of mulches to try as well. Currently I prefer the cola stems from smaller plants. There’s good airflow, it doesn’t block my top dresses, and it’s helping retain moisture really well
Cedar is definitely a bad topper, mice/rats that are raised in cedar bedding cannot be fed to snakes or reptiles cuz the cedar oils are toxic, cedar is used as a natural pest repellent as well.
They make a hay for strawberries... It's very good for topping.

Cedar is definitely a bad topper, mice/rats that are raised in cedar bedding cannot be fed to snakes or reptiles cuz the cedar oils are toxic, cedar is used as a natural pest repellent as well.
They make a hay for strawberries... It's very good for topping.

This makes sense since one of the things I read about cedar was its powerful resins and terpenes. If it can’t go into a snakes stomach then I probably don’t want it in my lungs

Day 20 (19,18,17) PGCs have Seedsman labels in their container edges. Kicked the VPD down to .8 to slow everyone down for a day to rest and recuperate. Ca and K are having problems in such a dry environment.

Day 21 Cleaned up the room, put the winter weather stuff back down in the tent, the cold weather should break after the weekend.

They found the amendments. I didn’t water last night so I slowed them down a bit. Everyone will get watered this evening at lights on, shifted to 18/6, next step is 50%

IMG_7831.jpeg
IMG_7832.jpeg
IMG_7833.jpeg
IMG_7834.jpeg

IMG_7829.jpeg
IMG_7830.jpeg

There’s also an odd plant with an odd double finger tip that’s not a PGC but is interesting so here’s a shot

IMG_7835.jpeg

I’ve seen multiple PGC journals, and from what I’ve seen, half of them were only able to sprout 4/5 seeds. This is over multiple germination methods and environments. While I don’t like losing a plant before I can even see it, it does speak to the consistency, and quality of @SeedsMan seeds.

So far the plant has been an extraordinarily easy plant to grow. If you’ve been paying attention to the other strain, they’ve been much more temperamental and sensitive than the PGCs. It’s an aggressive grower with an appetite, a taste for heights, and favors a hot, drier climate. She doesn’t like being slowed down at all and shows her disdain quickly. She would rather grow now and eat later.

I’m going to top the two taller plants and let the other two grow naturally. I will flower the topped plants in 5 gallon containers and the untopped plants in 3 gallon containers with spikes. I will show how to flower completely organically in small containers using simple dry garden amendments and Water, with no flashy nutrient solutions or products. We will achieve both a large yield, and a high quality flower that has unique and powerful expressions.

Topped the tall one. I didn’t want to take its best looking fans but it was already way too tall for its age and didn’t want to waste any more energy on growth I’m not gonna use. Left a lot of space above the third node this time since I had a split last grow with what I thought was enough space.

Whichever other plant has the most space between nodes is getting topped next.

Slight burning in the tips, calcium may be a bit too high in my water, I’ll be watching it closely

IMG_7847.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom