Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

What is everyone’s preferred method and ratio (ozs to butter etc.) for making butter? I’ve got 6 ozs I won’t smoke that I want to turn into butter
i use 8g for every 250ml i infuse. it's scalable to however much you want to make.

edit : if you have a MB machine they have their own amounts they recommend,

14g/250g, that's enough to make 12-16 banana bread muffins so I reckon on about 1g of bud per cake

yours might be too strong for me lol

I was thinking 56 grams per 435g or 2 ozs for a pound of butter. It takes about 150 mg of THC edibles from the dispensary for me to feel anything so I want something strong.

56 grams of Apple Betty lightly broken up by hand

IMG_8461.jpeg

IMG_8459.jpeg

What is everyone’s preferred method and ratio (ozs to butter etc.) for making butter? I’ve got 6 ozs I won’t smoke that I want to turn into butter
I don't do butter, but when I extract into oils (olive, coconut, grape seed, etc) or vegetable glycerin I do 2 grams per tablespoon of carrier, or 4 grams per liquid ounce. I'd imagine butter would work the same.

I figure out how many units I'll make (cookies, gummies, etc), figure out how strong I want each one and that determines how much oil extract I make.

Kind of reverse to the way you're doing it, but works well for me.

I was thinking 56 grams per 435g or 2 ozs for a pound of butter. It takes about 150 mg of THC edibles from the dispensary for me to feel anything so I want something strong.
That's about the strength of mine I'd guess. A pound of butter probably melts down to about 16 liquid ounces which for me would be 4x16= 64 grams of flower.

56 grams of Apple Betty toasted up and ready for butter. I went with 3 cups pure water, and a lb of butter. I mixed 2 ozs of decarb Apple Betty flower into the melted water and butter, and simmered for 4-5 hours. That was the easy part. I’m a cooking ass Mfer so baking and cooking is whatever. However, once the heat stops, stuff gets crazy.

It was a huge pain in the ass pouring the butter out through a cheese cloth and into a container. I was ill prepared. The cheesecloth wasn’t wide enough for a pie plate so I had to use a mason jar. However that meant that I had to pour a quarter of the butter then stop, squeeze the cheese cloth full of plant matter, toss the plant matter, reset the cloth, and pour again.

Next time I will use a wider cheese cloth or perhaps create half oz tea bags to steep in the butter.

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

2 slabs of butter.. there’s a bit of residue on the top. I’m not sure if this is going to be related to the straining process or what, but I’ll figure it out

IMG_8467.jpeg

One of the benefits of oils and fats is that they float, so after infusing the butter that is incorporated in the water, placing it in the fridge overnight will self separate most of the butter from the water and plant material and make your filtering process easier.

One of the benefits of oils and fats is that they float, so after infusing the butter that is incorporated in the water, placing it in the fridge overnight will self separate most of the butter from the water and plant material and make your filtering process easier.

So can I place it in the fridge, in the pot, before running it through a cheesecloth and have the plant matter just settle on the bottom?

My lazy way - I don't add water, just butter in the oven 120°C for about an hour
Pour the butter/mix into a cefetiere, plunge it and pour out clean butter
The plunger has the cloth attached to it - quick and easy

Im unsure about the waters efficacy. If it allows me to settle the plant matter with no need for straining then it would be worth it. However, if I’m going to strain, or separate the plant matter from the butter anyway, then I think I can remove it. I won’t leave the stove unattended so I can stir it enough that there won’t be any burning or mixing issues. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens.

So can I place it in the fridge, in the pot, before running it through a cheesecloth and have the plant matter just settle on the bottom?
Yes, at least mostly. You may have to scrap the bottom of the butter to get the fines off but that should be pretty straightforward.

Final Fantasy is a video game series. Each game is its own story with its own characters. There’s some light crossover but you don’t need to play any of them to play any of the others.

Final Fantasy 14 was their second mmorpg. A game like World of Warcraft where you’re in an online world with other people and the stories are constantly updated and evolving. The gameplay is fun and engaging but the true star of the show is the story and the writing. It’s deep and complex with themes that provoke a lot of thought.

Since it is a 10 year old game, it took quite a while for the story to get really good but you can see how it progressed from this real cookie cutter hero type story to a really gritty and colorful story that has you empathizing with the enemy. It’s good stuff

I ran the new drip setup last night on the timer for the first time. 3 minutes every 3 hours. We’ll see what it looks like at lights on. Once the timing and heads are all figured out I will re run all the lines with the vinyl tubing. It’s far superior to the polyurethane

Back
Top Bottom