LED lights

I have seen numerous Chinese LED factory sellers state in their advertisement that they will build the panels spectrum to suit you , its the norm.

I could order 10 panels with a 3 to 1 red to blue and what ever else I want and that quick I have my line (of BS) to sell you. I could also change the placement of two of the LED's and have my own custom line with more bs custom made to extract cash from your pockets.
I could also just buy them off the shelf and say they were built *just* for me , that's marketing for you.

Business is often like that , without morals and only promises.

Food is sold the same way , different label same can. It should be illegal but its not its business , or so they call it.

The charts Icemud posted on Jandre's thread show a difference between the Intelligent-Gro COBs and the 3.0 CTLite COBs ... no? Some blues and reds were different IIRC.

But sheesh, it's not like it makes much difference. I have to snap out of it sometimes and remember that we're talking about efficiency fractions. 2 bands of blue and 2 bands of red take care of almost everything - add a white or two, and Bob's yer uncle. Sure, FR is nice too, but that's only important for a couple hours a day - running it all day is a waste of power. UVB doesn't have much penetration and its advantage is still not clear. So ... bah.

It has taken me awhile to do the full circle and come back to these same conclusions.....

On Icemuds post: I will have to 're-visit that and let you know. I did copy and paste it to CTlite but that was the only question they failed to reply on. I spent so much time with it that the girls did not get attention they should have for awhile - I should have been lollipoping my SCROG....... I'm a one man show on this but the GF trimmed for me! LOL...... she did not want gloves.......hheehehehhehehe and her hands were COVERED in green goodness.......she does not even smoke :)

Just for the record: My service Rep there, Grace, is awesome.....but the rest of the food chain could use some work.

3 watt leds are driven at about 2 watts and put out a defined amount of light, no matter whose name is on them or which cabinet they're in. Some cabinets and mountings focus light better and will deliver a smaller footprint with more PAR.

If it's the same cabinet and same lenses, the PAR charts will be the same. At least, they should be - might be unimportant differences.

Skip the rest choose the Best , Mars Hydro for the best prices and the best quality accept no substitutions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lights have a good track record and a solid guarantee you can trust.

I trust them enough to have bought 3 panels , that kind of trust does not get earned by selling a faulty product with cut rate components.

thanks gt. when they say The Most Powerful led lights. Is that plain BS ?

I know that its not likely that they have measured the output of all availble lamps to make that claim. But are they just basically talking out their ass, like in the other thread?

Dang there is a new led label advertised on 420 really often.

Bingo! And that gives me an opportunity to say what I really mean when I get all cynical and doubting. It's all in the percentages. The differences (I think) are in the small percentages. Any 100x3 panel should operate pretty basically the same. It's gonna draw a bit under 200 watts and it's going to deliver about a 9:1 red/blue ratio. That's 90% of it right there. All the rest is in the remaining 10%.

I always do this when I look into making a major purchase. If it's a camera, I'm all into pixels and memory and zoom, and I lose track of the truth - I want a camera that takes good pictures, easily. Duh.

So, it's cool and fun to watch that 10% get fought over, and evolve, and transform, and expand. But it's still just 10%.

[Edit] ... or 20% ... you get my drift, I hope ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... trees, forest, yadda yadda.

That reminds me ... have you seen Duggan's setup? I think it's him. He has a nice big panel from one company in the middle, a couple smaller ones from a different company on the sides, and a UFO or two to fill dim spots.

That there's seeing the forest. :thumb:

I've been toying with the idea of a 400W CMH in the middle with four 200W LEDs in the corners for my 4x4. That should do it, doncha think?

I just checked the E.shine site again, and yep, it says 11 bands and lists five of them. I know Platinum dude said that the E.shines magically became 11-band shortly after he started marketing his. :cheesygrinsmiley: The Intelligent-Gros that David sells look the same as the CTLites but both the COB spectrums and the single diodes are different.

Platinum dude honestly isn't bad. At least he's a grower. I've seen other reps that are genuinely cheesy. :straightface: This idea about ordering a bunch of custom lights from a Chinese company and going into business selling them yourself? ... well, it's not like no one else ever thought of it. :cheesygrinsmiley: It ain' as easy or profitable as a guy might think. :laughtwo: And there's nothing stopping the big Chinese factory from stepping all over your toes if you're successful.

Sheesh, I just now discovered that E.shine is a forum sponsor. LOL! I found them on 'baba - that's all I knew about them. :oops:

Ok, well, that's different, as Emily Litella used to admit. Ahem. If they have an actual USA presence and they're sponsors on the forum, it'd be hard not to line them right up with the rest. I honestly can't imagine how the P'LEDs could be twice as good. :cheesygrinsmiley: I thought we were talking about ordering directly from China.

Hey guys anyone who is tech or familiar with electronics please help me out with this. I purchased a Mars Hydro 300 watt and im trying to find out what this small electrical part is on the light panel
6wQw2tv1.jpg

Sheesh, I just now discovered that E.shine is a forum sponsor. LOL! I found them on 'baba - that's all I knew about them. :oops:

Ok, well, that's different, as Emily Litella used to admit. Ahem. If they have an actual USA presence and they're sponsors on the forum, it'd be hard not to line them right up with the rest. I honestly can't imagine how the P'LEDs could be twice as good. :cheesygrinsmiley: I thought we were talking about ordering directly from China.

3.gif

Thats good or you'd have quite the imagination - but you would still be ordering directly from China..........

I am thinking that you are looking at a UV bulb which our eyes can't see so you think its out ?

I know its near blinding to look into the light and I do not suggest it but I think your noticing a uv bulb not a dead bulb.

they shine a very very dim red that would be near impossible to see with all the other bright lights shining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
with my bag of resistors you count the color and amount of stripes it has on it, that's how they mark them.

Not sure how they mark that line of resistors. There will be a guide online. If its truly out talk with a company rep. they will help you with this.

Back
Top Bottom