Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal

Hello, I went to check how the clones were doing. Low and behold all but 2 look like this
DSCF46061.JPG
DSCF4608.JPG
and whats really cool is the RKS has rooted all ready and I didn't clone it and the White Widow until days after I cloned the others. So that means Im going to get a lot of those plants before this grows over, Way Cool. I like it when shit goes my way. Later TOAST

Well I got off my Ass and finished the last 4 holes. After my last grow I carefully disassembled some of the holes where the plants fucked up last year and found the water wasn't getting to the roots for what ever reason. So this time I went back to inserting PVC Pipe in the holes. What I did was go to Home Depot and bought 5 ten foot lengths of 1 inch Schedule 20, thin wall PVC Pipe, ( you know the cheap stuff ). Brought it home, cut it into 2 1/2 foot lengths. drilled holes from top to bottom, and inserted one in each of the holes. This should eliminate that problem. Now I will do all the watering and feeding through the Pipes. Should get a much better result with these additions.
DSCF4610.JPG
DSCF4611.JPG
I all so took the opportunity to replace the existing soil with the new soil I put together over the winter. Quite a chore hauling 5 gallon buckets of dirt up the hill. ( 2 per each hole ) For some reason it seems to be harder this time, then in past years, The old legs are beginning to go.LOL. On a different note 6 of the little darlings popped there little heads out over night. 1 of the RKS, the 1 White Cheese Auto, 2 unkowens, 1 JH 91, and 1 Pineapple Reserve. Well looking good so far. Boy Im really excited about this grow and the possibility of finding some thing special out of these new strains and crosses. Well that's it for today
. I sure hope every one is doing well out there. Keep it green fellow babies. TOAST

WOW, CHECK THIS OUT, I went to see how the clones were doing. The other day there were only 3 or 4 that hadn't properly rooted. I picked one of the bags up to look at the bottom. I did not see any roots. So I opened the bag to have a look and this is what I found.
DSCF46131.JPG
this one clone rooted so hard over night, that it SPLIT the Rockwool in half. Never seen that before.

TIME FOR A UPDATE: On the Seed front, So far 26 new little plants. 8-GA91, 3-Unkowen, 1-White Cheese Auto, 1-RSK, 3-PR, 1-JH91, 5-UN91, 2-BBXSM, 1-AUC, and 1-SLH. Heres two pics. of the seedlings and clones I put on the roof to get more sun light.
DSCF46191.JPG
DSCF46202.JPG
I finished the hill
DSCF46232.JPG
DSCF46242.JPG
DSCF46251.JPG
now its ready for the plants. Here are the indoor plants
DSCF46261.JPG
DSCF46271.JPG
I also took more clones, 4-RKS
DSCF46291.JPG
DSCF46301.JPG
4-White Widows
DSCF46321.JPG
DSCF46332.JPG
and 4-SLH no pic. That's it for now. Peace. TOAST

And Sour Diesel sure is coming :tokin: Good stuff you have there :) Ah, I forgot earlier about these Pineapple budz :bong: I tried to germinate Crazy Pineapple Shit, but without succes. You can maybe try with black tea extract.

Hey Con, nun of my Crazy Pineapple Shit seeds were any good either. But if they would have been they would of looked like this,
IMG_068213.JPG
IMG_068310.JPG
IMG_068810.JPG
One thing that really disappointed me was, I had 3 seeds left of Aurora Ultra Blueberry,(Aurora Ultra X DJ Shorts Blueberry) I was saving. Germinated them all to no avail. And they would of looked like this,
IMG_070218.JPG
IMG_070417.JPG
IMG_084512.JPG
now that was something special. Well I just wanted to know if your seeds were Bunk like mine. I sure hope this Calif. stock works out for you and you get some KIND BUD no one else in your country has, wouldn't that be cool. Keep up the good work. TOAST

Aurora Ultra Break Down: I'm bored so I thought I would tell,(the two people that will accually care lol) how I created Aurora Ultra. But first let me welcome 4fingerlidday to the ride. Its quite comical to see the trails and tribulations I put my self thru just to grow a plant. So stayed tuned some thing crazy is gona happen at some point. I can tell by your handle that you must be close to my age because the youngsters don't know about the Four Finger Bag standard of the 60's and 70's. Any way welcome. Alright this story starts for me in 2001. My girlfriend's son Wayne was and still is best friends with Ian a small time grower who now supplies a whole lot of the Bud available in SO-CAL. Back in the 90's (High School for Wayne) he would buy 1/4's from Ian and sell grams to keep him self in free pot. Durning that time as he would break up the 1/4's, he would find feminized seeds. He collected them all thru school and after. Wayne lived in an apartment at the time and didn't have room to grow. One night he asked me if he could grow a plant at my house. I made a deal with him where he gets to grow a plant and I get 50 of the seeds he has. At the time Ian was only growing the original O.G.KUSH and M.K. Ultra.(So when I use the term Wayne's O.G. that's pot from those original 50 seeds). Alright it the year 2000 me and Wayne are each growing one plant. His is O.G.Kush and mine was a M.K. Ultra, as the plants were finishing Wayne wasn;t sure when to pull his plant so he asked Ian to come to my house a take a look. Me and Ian hit it off, its like we have knowen each other for years. Ian tells Wayne his plant is ready to harvest and then hangs out and smoke's us out on some personal. About a week goes by and Ian shows up at my house with a dozen Clones 6- O.G.Kush and 6- M.K. Ultra. Three for me and three for Wayne. Wayne grew is indoors with lights and I grew mine up on the Hill. Wayne harvested his as they were done. I went ahead and let mine grow a few weeks longer because I wanted to try some thing. I had heard of a way to make feminized seeds and I wanted to check it out. So what happends is, if you grow the plants past maturity a couple weeks, you can find these little banana looking male flowers and the pollen from these flowers make Feminized seeds.
DSCF46361.JPG
Now while my six plants are growing I have been cloning them. So I have plants right behind the originals. I collected the pollen from the original plants and pollenated the clones as they were ready. I put the O.G. Kush pollen on the M.K. Ultra and the M.K. Ultra pollen on the O.G. Kush. The following season I grew the seeds I made. I did the same thing to this batch, collected the banana pollen things and put the Kush Pollen on the M.K. and vise a versa to make stable feminized seeds I named Ultra O.G. Soon after that Purple Eurkle hit the seen and every body wanted Purple any thing. So I got on the internet did some research and found the Aurora Indica changed colors with the tempature so I desided to buy some Aurora Indica seeds, which I did. The Aurora Indica is special in the way it changes color, it will do all the fall colors from light pink to purple so dark it looks black.
mkl.jpg
IMG_88341.JPG
I then took the pollen from the Aurora Indica and pollenated the Ultra O.G. and vise a versa. Then the next grow I back crossed them for stable feminized Aurora Ultra seeds. And that's how I got my strain Aurora Ultra. I hope the wasn't to boring. What I find real funny is last year a collective in So. LA had a piece in High Times about how they crossed O.G. Kush and M.K. Ultra and call it Yoda. Like they were the first. To funny. Any way that's it for today. Peace my brothern. TOAST

That sounds like fun creating your own feminized seeds ,and to see what you created and how it differs from the parents :blunt: yeah your right about the pricy seeds they are tiny, I'm looking forward to your grow, looks like your ambitious this should be fun , the plants must grow real vigorous outside with the natural sunlight, that would be the ideal way to grow,Peace

Excellent story, lem :)
So technically all my OG, Ultra OG and AU seeds are feminized? I wanted to keep AU as F2, but if there are no males that's gonna be hard. It's a great medicinal strain, you know that :tokin: Anyway, when I grew this OG Kusg last year I notices it's practically identical to Tahoe OG cut. Did Ian use this cut or a different SoCal cut? :)

Hey Con, Im realy stoned right now, and im sittin here thinkin and I don't really know. It stands to reason that they would all be females but that bag of seeds was all mixed up. So I don't know for sure. Look for the Valcano.lol I would say the O.G.Kush was from the clone only days and don't think Tahoe O.G. existed yet. So the So Cal. strain. Con the original O.G. Kush looks like this;
DSC006851.JPG
its unmistakeable its this light green that's just drifferent then any pot you've seen and the internodes are real close togeather so the buds stack really cool. You will know it when you get one . Later Bro TOAST

Well heres an Update. Things haven't progressed very far sence the last Update, but here we go. These are clones. At this time there are just two strains, the RKS and the White Widow. I took the rest out this morning.
DSCF46531.JPG
these are the one I took out cause they were rooted. Theres Sour Diesel, Jack Herer, and Humbolt.
DSCF46381.JPG
Here are the ones in the 5 gal buckets
DSCF46391.JPG
Here are some in the Air Pots
DSCF46402.JPG
DSCF46411.JPG
Here are the first seedlings
DSCF46422.JPG
Heres seedlings and clones
DSCF46433.JPG
More clones
DSCF46442.JPG
More clones
DSCF46451.JPG
Some smaller plants in Air Pots
DSCF46462.JPG
here are some seedlings I bagged earlyer
DSCF46482.JPG
Here are seedlings Im still waiting for
DSCF46493.JPG
Now here are the two plants I butchered for the clones in the room. 1st the RKS
DSCF46502.JPG
and 2nd the White Widow
DSCF46513.JPG
heres a close up of the older seedlings. I think they should be bigger for 19 days old
DSCF46522.JPG
It looks like im not going to get any thing on the Hill real soon. Its kinda strange I never wait this long to get started. Things just arnt moving fast enough for me. Oh well. Boys and Girls that's it for this time , keep it green. TOAST

Morning, Lem. :ciao:

Glorious garden. Magnificent 420Mum.

I've got a tent as full as a bull's bum, waiting for this chilly snap to pass. I too have some KC45's about to pop up, inspired by those in Lester's garden.

Beautiful update as always. :thanks:

Hello All, Today after putting the girls out in the cloud cover, I opened some of the bagged clones and found 10 rooted 5- White Widow. 2-Humbolts, 2-RKS's, and 1-PK. That was a nice surprise. I tag um and bagged um and here's some pics:This is the Humbolt
DSCF46561.JPG
Pure Kush
DSCF46573.JPG
White Widow :
DSCF46584.JPG
and RKS
DSCF46593.JPG
and here they are being misted so they don't wilt coming out of the high humidity in the Produce Bags :
DSCF46605.JPG
That's it for today folks Im out . TOAST

I figured out why my plants weren't progressing as well as they should. Appairently when I added the 9 cubic yards of peatmoss, it diluted the soil so much they weren't getting fed. Normally my soil mix is good for 3 months, before I need to feed. I started adding 1/2 strength Foxfarms Grow Big and now there starting to go like mad dogs. So I am assuming that will take care of that problem. So its back to Happy Growing. Later TOAST

Yeah peat is void of nutrients. Happy you solved it :) Here things are progressing well, I've just put more seeds in the pot including Super Frosty and Jack Herer :tokin:

Hello my friends, today I went and got 2 - 3 1/2 cubic feet bags of Perlite to add to my exciting pile of dirt.
DSCF46614.JPG
Im only going to do 1/2 the pile right now.
DSCF46622.JPG
DSCF46632.JPG
DSCF46641.JPG
DSCF46652.JPG
DSCF46662.JPG
DSCF46672.JPG
So what I did was shovel 1/2 of the pile of dirt out on to the concrete, add the Perlite, mix it and spread it out, and then put it back in the pile and cover it up. It is a most beautiful day here. We had cloud cover most all last week and then when the sun did come out, the wind started blowing like 50 mph. So my plants have been inside the last couple days and there very happy to be out today. I feel great, I hope all of you are feeling the same. Till next time. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom