Light

Welcome @yardbird

After the seed has cracked and I drop it in my peat puck, lightly cover it up and I leave them under 24 hours of light untill they sprout the first real set of leaves (not the cotyledon leaves).
Then I switch to 18/6 or 20/4.
I’ve done both and there is no real advantage to giving them that extra two hours a day, 18/6 is more then sufficient.

It’s a matter of an opinion, but I’ve had great results doing so.

:passitleft:

Interesting... I leave my planted seeds in the dark until the break the surface. In my utility room on top of the hot water heater which is always just the right temp. It's right beside my tent space so works well. The only catch is you have to remember to check at least every 12 hours as they can come up and start stretching and turning pale surprisingly fast sometimes. Figure I may as well save 2-3 days electricity! Then it's 18/6 for veg.

Welcome @yardbird sounds like these accounts show the start is kinda what you want it to be, but make sure you get between 18-24 hours of light on it soon after you see green. Be careful with your LED, the sprouts don't need a ton of light so keep a good distance. What light are you running?

I have a new indo 1200w cree cob led light it runs 300w actual I am wondering if I stay 3' or 4' feet from my seeds can I germinate them under this light. This light has a quite bright white light should I keep them off to the side for the first week or so I did not want to put them directly under the center of the light it seems quite bright. I do not have a CFL or other bulb to use. I have been told to germinate seeds in the dark by some and I see other people say put my seed in my pete pellet and put them right under the light from the start. My seeds are big bud xxl and northern lights noc. will this work or will I have to get another bulb to get them started right?

Back
Top Bottom