LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

I love me some Sativa and I'm super excited for this girl.

Please, did you see my tag list ;) Glad to have you, plenty of room on this bus!

I'm like a kid in a candy store :)

Thanks a lot guys. Hopefully I can show how good these sponsors are!

Thanks HH and that's a great question. I can't find a par map for this light, maybe @VIVOSUN can help with that? I would think that it would make more consistent light readings across the top, without the peak in the middle. I'll take some readings and see what I can find out.
Yea that makez sense..... And thank you for humoring my curiosity...itz just bugging me imagining the middle of my light missing 😂

VIVOSUN Smart Growing System
-Recipe Setup for Fruit Punch Auto-

With the VIVOSUN Smart Growing System you get real-time feedback on all aspects of your grow: light intensity and spectrum, temperature and humidity, and the air speed both inside and moving out of your tent. But it not only lets you know more, it lets you control more. With the GrowHub Controller, you can change the ventilation, light intensity, and light spectrum inside your tent to create the perfect grow space depending on what you want to grow and what stage of growth your babies are in.

Anything you can do with the GrowHub Controller you can do from anywhere with the @VIVOSUN App. It puts all the data about your environment right in one app. Control your lights, ventilation, and air circulation from anywhere in an intuitive interface that turns beginners into experts and experts into pros. You can use one of the pre-programmed 'Grow Recipes' or create your own custom recipe. Custom recipes allow you to design your own environment and set your own grow schedule. Either way once you're ready you just set it and forget it.

A Vivosun recipe allows you to define the parameters for the lights, circulation fan, and exhaust fan for each stage of the grow. The grow stages are seedling, vegetative, and flowering. I set up a recipe for this grow, named 'Fruit Punch Auto'.

When you add a custom recipe, first you name the recipe. Then you start in Seedling stage, setting up lights. The interface takes you through lights, circulation fan, and exhaust fan for seedling stage. Then it does the same for vegetative stage, and finally for flowering stage. Here's a quick demo of setting up the Flowering settings.

First, I set up the light schedule. In addition to functioning as a timer and allowing you to set up multiple schedules, the Vivosun app allows you to set:
Light Intensity - 1-100% in 1% increments
Light Spectrum - Seedling / Vegetative / Flowering
Sunrise/Sunset - On/Off

I scheduled for flowering lights for 4am-12am, full intensity, flowering spectrum, simulate sunrise/sunset.

After setting up the light schedule, hit NEXT to be taken to the Circulation Fan settings. The fan can be set from speed 1-3, OFF, or 'Natural'. Natural simulates natural wind, surging to high at times and low at others. I thought that was a really neat option.

Finally you set up the exhaust/duct fan settings. You can set multiple schedules (day/night) and set-points (temperature/humidity). Or you can set to static set-points, cycle, etc. I set it up based on humidity, but also put a max temperature in just in case. These settings should keep it in the 1.4-1.6 VPD range. I may need to set the humidity points a little lower in late flower.

Once the recipe is complete, it'll be shown in your custom recipe library. This recipe can be edited, tweaked, and changed at any time. Best of all it's saved in your library for future use.

Then it's just a matter of clicking on the recipe and hitting the 'start' button. The recipe will verify the starting date and start in the seedling stage. When you're ready to move to the next stage you click on that stage and hit 'start'.

The Vivosun app really walks you through the process and the interface is very intuitive. It took a LOT longer to do this post than it did to set the recipe for this grow. Here's a summary of the full settings I chose for the recipe 'Fruit Punch Auto':
  • Seedling
    • Light
      • 00:00-04:00 OFF
      • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:40%
    • Circulation Fan
      • 00:00-24:00 Off
    • Exhaust Fan:
      • 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 70% RH, default off
      • 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 80% RH, default off
  • Vegetative
    • Light
      • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
    • Circulation Fan:
      • 00:00-04:00 40%
      • 04:00-24:00 Natural (Simulates natural wind)
    • Exhaust Fan:
      • 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 65% RH, default 1
      • 04:00-24:00 High 85F / 70% RH, default 1
  • Flowering
    • Light
      • 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
    • Circulation Fan
      • 00:00-04:00 Natural
      • 04:00-24:00 100%
    • Exhaust Fan
      • 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 50% RH, default 1
      • 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 55% RH, default 1
The first stage has the light on seedling spectrum 40% @ 18" away. I measured it around 10k LUX, which should be fine for when this little girl decides to make an appearance. I'm hoping to see a sprout tomorrow or the next day at the latest. Until then, this is my view ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

With the VIVOSUN Smart Growing System you get real-time feedback on all aspects of your grow: light intensity and spectrum, temperature and humidity, and the air speed both inside and moving out of your tent. But it not only lets you know more, it lets you control more. With the GrowHub Controller, you can change the ventilation, light intensity, and light spectrum inside your tent to create the perfect grow space depending on what you want to grow and what stage of growth your babies are in.

Anything you can do with the GrowHub Controller you can do from anywhere with the @VIVOSUN App. It puts all the data about your environment right in one app. Control your lights, ventilation, and air circulation from anywhere in an intuitive interface that turns beginners into experts and experts into pros. You can use one of the pre-programmed 'Grow Recipes' or create your own custom recipe. Custom recipes allow you to design your own environment and set your own grow schedule. Either way once you're ready you just set it and forget it.

A Vivosun recipe allows you to define the parameters for the lights, circulation fan, and exhaust fan for each stage of the grow. The grow stages are seedling, vegetative, and flowering. I set up a recipe for this grow, named 'Fruit Punch Auto'.

When you add a custom recipe, first you name the recipe. Then you start in Seedling stage, setting up lights. The interface takes you through lights, circulation fan, and exhaust fan for seedling stage. Then it does the same for vegetative stage, and finally for flowering stage. Here's a quick demo of setting up the Flowering settings.

First, I set up the light schedule. In addition to functioning as a timer and allowing you to set up multiple schedules, the Vivosun app allows you to set:
Sunrise/Sunset - On/Off

I scheduled for flowering lights for 4am-12am, full intensity, flowering spectrum, simulate sunrise/sunset.

After setting up the light schedule, hit NEXT to be taken to the Circulation Fan settings. The fan can be set from speed 1-3, OFF, or 'Natural'. Natural simulates natural wind, surging to high at times and low at others. I thought that was a really neat option.

Finally you set up the exhaust/duct fan settings. You can set multiple schedules (day/night) and set-points (temperature/humidity). Or you can set to static set-points, cycle, etc. I set it up based on humidity, but also put a max temperature in just in case. These settings should keep it in the 1.4-1.6 VPD range. I may need to set the humidity points a little lower in late flower.

Once the recipe is complete, it'll be shown in your custom recipe library. This recipe can be edited, tweaked, and changed at any time. Best of all it's saved in your library for future use.

Then it's just a matter of clicking on the recipe and hitting the 'start' button. The recipe will verify the starting date and start in the seedling stage. When you're ready to move to the next stage you click on that stage and hit 'start'.

The Vivosun app really walks you through the process and the interface is very intuitive. It took a LOT longer to do this post than it did to set the recipe for this grow. Here's a summary of the full settings I chose for the recipe 'Fruit Punch Auto':
  • Seedling
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Vegetative
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan:
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Flowering
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan
The first stage has the light on seedling spectrum 40% @ 18" away. I measured it around 10k LUX, which should be fine for when this little girl decides to make an appearance. I'm hoping to see a sprout tomorrow or the next day at the latest. Until then, this is my view ;)

This is soooo super sci fi for me. Amazing tech and the app!! Holy cow a "natural" wind cycle too? Could probably veg out some super strong girls for going outdoors with photos too! Very exciting stuff.

Very interested in what HappyHaz brought up as well. The light is usually most perfect in the center.

Also is 100 w enough to bring her all the way through to harvest? Only good for one girl at at time (if photoperiod?, what about autos?).

This is so freaking neato. People are going to start sharing different recipes for different strains and stuff! I hope anyways! lol

This is soooo super sci fi for me. Amazing tech and the app!! Holy cow a "natural" wind cycle too? Could probably veg out some super strong girls for going outdoors with photos too! Very exciting stuff.

Very interested in what HappyHaz brought up as well. The light is usually most perfect in the center.
I'm not sure about perfect. It doesn't really help to have 1200ppfd in the center if you only have 600ppfd on the edges. Think of it as a bar light, helping to even out the PPFDs across the canopy.
Also is 100 w enough to bring her all the way through to harvest? Only good for one girl at at time (if photoperiod?, what about autos?).
This is a great question. I've never tried to flower with a 100w led, but I think one autoflower will do great. Perhaps even two if you can get them in a 24x24 tent. Anything bigger than that... you can daisy chain multiple lights :)
This is so freaking neato. People are going to start sharing different recipes for different strains and stuff! I hope anyways! lol
Agreed, this is next-level. Maybe Vivosun can make an import/export feature to share recipes, or perhaps even a cloud sharing option. What do you think @VIVOSUN ?

I'm not sure about perfect. It doesn't really help to have 1200ppfd in the center if you only have 600ppfd on the edges. Think of it as a bar light, helping to even out the PPFDs across the canopy.
Ah ok.. I see. That helped with thinking of it as bar lights, thank ya :)
This is a great question. I've never tried to flower with a 100w led, but I think one autoflower will do great. Perhaps even two if you can get them in a 24x24 tent. Anything bigger than that... you can daisy chain multiple lights :)
Ohhhhhh... daisy chained with all that control in the pocket!
LMAO! I should've asked for this system in the dang give away contest thats going on.

Vivosun going to be making little microdrones for the garden next. Plants wont even have to look at us anymore after they seed o_O
Vivodrones going to take care of it all! lol
Agreed, this is next-level. Maybe Vivosun can make an import/export feature to share recipes, or perhaps even a cloud sharing option. What do you think @VIVOSUN ?
They better get ready because I cant imagine not asking for environment recipes for strains or just achieving desired effects (more purple, better terps etc). Id be searching for other with the light and asking for recipes or trading them like pogs back in the 90s.

Sunrise/Sunset - On/Off

• Seedling
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Vegetative
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan:
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Flowering
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan

That little piece of equipment is so impressive! When I started out troubleshooting equipment for GE in 81 if I had this power in my hands! Man! I bet the logic and power circuitry for something like this, if back then would fit in a refrigerator space! I love this thing! That and PWM drive for exhaust fans. PWM components were like a kitchen stove size! So cool! Just for a yuk, I worked on spot welders that had tubes for their power source there too. Tech it up!

600 at the edges is incredible! No need for more than that in my opinion.

I've flowered under a 100w panel several times, but only once in a journal on here.
It's definitely enough for 1 plant, but I have a 60x60cm tent. I could do 2 or 3 with a short veg, but that's kind of pushing it.
Maybe in a SOG 12/12 from seed more could be done, but I think focus on one plant would give a better return.

Sunrise/Sunset - On/Off

• Seedling
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Vegetative
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan:
    • Exhaust Fan:
  • Flowering
    • Light
    • Circulation Fan
    • Exhaust Fan

This takes it to the next level wow glad you tagged me brother. Have fun with it

I've flowered under a 100w panel several times, but only once in a journal on here.
It's definitely enough for 1 plant, but I have a 60x60cm tent. I could do 2 or 3 with a short veg, but that's kind of pushing it.
Maybe in a SOG 12/12 from seed more could be done, but I think focus on one plant would give a better return.
Its really made for the 60x60cm or 25x24in tent. Great for a small grow. Unless you chain them together.
I was wondering bout that 2, be interested in seeing what the par is @ the corners .
I'll post some numbers through the grow.

I will double check with the product development team to see if this is already in the works, and if not I will see if we can make it happen.

Hi @LKABudMan

Wow! What a fantastic peice of equipment! I love the thinking that went behind it. And I can't wait to see how it goes!
Hi @Rexer yea the way everything fits together and is controlled by one app that monitors and maintains your growing environment from anywhere is awesome. I've always liked my tech stuff anyways. This just puts all my 'toys' in one place :)

Hi @Rexer yea the way everything fits together and is controlled by one app that monitors and maintains your growing environment from anywhere is awesome. I've always liked my tech stuff anyways. This just puts all my 'toys' in one place :)
That’s just too cool,@VIVOSUN really make great products 👏

I will double check with the product development team to see if this is already in the works, and if not I will see if we can make it happen.
Yes! Please do!
It'd so suck to see recipe sharing co-opted by a crappy reddit forum or similar.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom