Male or female? I need some help - Thanks in advance

Peripatera

DSC0124410.JPG
DSC012437.JPG
DSC012418.JPG
DSC012356.JPG
DSC012314.JPG

Yes, definitely a boy. The vertical lines on the preflower, spade ball shape, those are dead giveaways. The one on the left has a visible stalk as well. If you go to my grow thread I have a bunch of male and female preflower pics in the latest sections.

Damn. I get more confused everyday.
All of those pics look very simular to what i was seeing.
..i let what i seen go and after several more days the caylxs opened with lil white hairs...

Still have a few maleish looking calyx on my plant, waiting to see what happens..

If it's a few nanners I have done that. But it has to be the only plant in isolated flower. Otherwise it is usually better to say good ye. If you see actual male flowers like this there will soon be many. So the buds are going to be seeded with seeds you can't use.

So yes I have picked out nanners in solo plants or ones nearing the end of flowering and hoped for the best. But if I had backup then it is best to move on and cut your losses. In this case it is early flowering so if there is backup get rid of the hermie plant.

(
You can trim that male flower out of there before it opens. If you don't have too many, you might be able to save the female parts and bring them to harvest.

Has anyone done this?

If it's a few nanners I have done that. But it has to be the only plant in isolated flower. Otherwise it is usually better to say good ye. If you see actual male flowers like this there will soon be many. So the buds are going to be seeded with seeds you can't use.

So yes I have picked out nanners in solo plants or ones nearing the end of flowering and hoped for the best. But if I had backup then it is best to move on and cut your losses. In this case it is early flowering so if there is backup get rid of the hermie plant.

Yes, this. Day 20now, maybe 5 of these unopened pods, was curious about plucking them. It is flowering by itself, for now.. Was half tempted to let it go just for experience sake, but worried i might have more of a headache cleaning/ sterilizing then what the exp would be worth.

This particular one is open. If you have a jewelers loupe or microscope look for the pollen. It may all be gone.

Only a nice zoom on the phone, may work IF i could hold it steady!

Thought i had more pics, only 2more for now. Ill try to get more tomorrow with better lighting.
Edit: friggin sideways pics, ill retake and post em all here tomorrow. Thanks shiggity, for compiling pics for a handy thread:Namaste:

And a big thanks to yourself again, and Emilya. Helping lots of folk tonight i see. Well done you two!:Namaste:

you know those little tiny pods right next to the new growth (about the size of a flea or smaller). Well, the way I tell if it's a m- or a f- is if it has one or two hairs coming out of it. looks to me like it's to early to tell with yours, so far. But I'm no expert.

Back
Top Bottom