Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

3feet tall, you can hang the light above the plants only 1feet, and it will not burn the plant. we tested on tomato.
Yes,Scrog is the plan.Multiple plant,little veg time.Kind of a fill in flower room while bigger girl's are flowering in the 4x8.I can keep them low,but how close can I get and still get good result's.

Sara,

I bought 700w Mars 2 about a month ago, has the mars2 improved since then? Or is it the same?

I'm just wondering if the led arrangement and wavelength had improved since a month or two ago.

Thanks.

Thanks to Sara and all the great folks at :420: for sharing their experiences and thoughts about these lights.

I've made my first foray into LEDs. 2 of the 144x3 reflector lights will be here Friday. My veg/mother/clones area lighting is completed. :)

I spent a couple days deciding what to order. I have limited vertical space in my veg area, so I didn't feel the extra penetration of the MARS would really benefit my application. My area is long and narrow (~3' x ~18').

I'll post a pic here when I get them installed sometime next week.

Thank you Sara :Namaste:

Would like to get some feedback from you wonderful ladies and gents.. :blunt:

Suggestions on the 192x3w reflector. Has anyone picked up one of these guys yet? I am planning to run in my 4x4 tent and it looks like it will fit like a glove!

Was going to get the 144x3w but it seems they were sold out, goodjob Sara :thumb:

Was going to get the 144x3w but it seems they were sold out

Really!? :yikes:

I'm glad I ordered Friday afternoon then. I was hunting this weekend, so Friday I was super busy trying to get out the door immediately after work, but I made sure to get my light order in first. Apparently, that was a wise use of my time last week. :)

CA215, if you think the 144x3 footprint is going to work better for you, maybe you should wait? Mine say they are coming from China and are scheduled to be here on Friday. :) It's likely they were already making more of them, so perhaps there will be more stock available in the next day or so.

Sold out at their CA warehouse, should have stated that :) I have read a few others posting they love the lights, read a piece of info and someone was thinking they should have went a level higher on the watts. I have not seen anyone (there might be) with a running journal with the 192x3w here at 420mag, Just wondering about feedback on this unit & if anyone had any input on running the 192x3w in a 4x4 tent set up :thumb: I'm sure it will work fine, as I am thinking it is really just depending on your vertical height to reduce intensity.

Now I'm even more disappointed. Not only did I receive one of the mislabeled 80x5 Mars 2 lights before they lowered the power consumption specs on the site, the light is not almost 100$ less than I paid a couple weeks ago :/

Sold out at their CA warehouse, should have stated that :) I have read a few others posting they love the lights, read a piece of info and someone was thinking they should have went a level higher on the watts. I have not seen anyone (there might be) with a running journal with the 192x3w here at 420mag, Just wondering about feedback on this unit & if anyone had any input on running the 192x3w in a 4x4 tent set up :thumb: I'm sure it will work fine, as I am thinking it is really just depending on your vertical height to reduce intensity.

I think you're exactly right. If you have the vertical space, you want the highest power you can get. For my application, the 3W diodes should suffice. If you're growing sativas, you might want deeper penetration, no?

I guess I didn't even notice there was no CA stock. A week for delivery is OK with me. We're growers. We have to be patient. :)
IMHO, I wouldn't let shipping time dictate which light to purchase. This is an item you will have for years, so make sure it really does what you need it to. For me, I need the more rectangular footprint.

Thanks for the input Hiker :Namaste:
My train of thought was, why not get the 192x3w instead of the 144x3w, as you stated, for years to come.
I also thought.. bigger buddage :)

Good stuff :bigtoke:

That logic works for me! :thumb:

As long as it fits YOUR needs, get it. The main point I wanted to make was don't make the decision which to purchase based on shipping times. :Namaste:

Hi Mike, it is the same as before. we will not change our lights easily if they are working fine. we have lights stock all over the world, quality is the first thing. so we keep our supplier, if they do not improve, we will keep, not to change.:)
Sara,

I bought 700w Mars 2 about a month ago, has the mars2 improved since then? Or is it the same?

I'm just wondering if the led arrangement and wavelength had improved since a month or two ago.

Thanks.

You are welcome Hiker, thanks for you order from us.:) grow happy.:high-five:
Thanks to Sara and all the great folks at :420: for sharing their experiences and thoughts about these lights.

I've made my first foray into LEDs. 2 of the 144x3 reflector lights will be here Friday. My veg/mother/clones area lighting is completed. :)

I spent a couple days deciding what to order. I have limited vertical space in my veg area, so I didn't feel the extra penetration of the MARS would really benefit my application. My area is long and narrow (~3' x ~18').

I'll post a pic here when I get them installed sometime next week.

Thank you Sara :Namaste:

Hi CA215,

please check this link: A New Top LED Panel for Testing we have sent one to Buck, he helps us a lot on this light.

If you really want 144x3w, you can wait untill our next shipment arrive, I were told it will arrive at Port tomorrow,13th. and they need one week to do custom clearence and three days ship to our warehouse. so maybe arrive 23th, this month.

Suggestions on the 192x3w reflector. Has anyone picked up one of these guys yet? I am planning to run in my 4x4 tent and it looks like it will fit like a glove!

Was going to get the 144x3w but it seems they were sold out, goodjob Sara :thumb:

The site looks tite Sara! The mars2 400 is still kicking butt in my veg tent right now vegging my babies very nicely ,another flower cycle Is not to far off, just decided to see her perform in veg for a while 5 stars so far

Thank you very much BID.

I have a 3 foot by 3 foot tent and I went with the 192x3w panel. I have plans of expanding one day if all goes well so wanted the bigger light. Fits in the tent perfect and lights very well. I would grab one up, at 372$ thats less then I paid for it 3 months ago.

I have a 3 foot by 3 foot tent and I went with the 192x3w panel. I have plans of expanding one day if all goes well so wanted the bigger light. Fits in the tent perfect and lights very well. I would grab one up, at 372$ thats less then I paid for it 3 months ago.

Thanks much for the input LoveThyPit! I have decided to go with the 192x3w :)

Back
Top Bottom