Matticusss - White Widow - DWC - 2015 LED Grow Log

I wouldn't even cut the netpot just stick it in the other one and ad hydroton
when you harvest you may be able to get back to re-use but if not its a small netcup shoulda been less than a buck I think
and in the future if you have trouble with a crooked taproot just split the rockwool open place it in and either use toothpicks to hold it together or some floss or small string

awesome thanks for the advice Ill more than likely be having to deal with more curved taproots, they other 2 white widow seeds popped open and have small tails already.

so heres the good news, i received my light and my bucket system and have them set up. so ill list all equipment being used now. just haven't moved the other light over yet.

1. Grow tent 4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft
2. 2 led lights ( 300watt panel and 180 watt UFO )
3. CalMag +
4. RO system for water
5. General Hydroponic 3 part Nutrients ( Micro, Gro, Bloom )
6. fan for the plants
7. 3 Feminized White Widow seeds from Greenhouse Seed Co ( 1 is ahead of the others already as a seedling while the other 2 are germinating.
8. 1 Feminized Big Bang seed from Greenhouse Seed Co ( currently in rockwool in grow box.
9. Ratcheting light hangars

So the buckets came in a big box with everything needed,
it came with 4 3.5 gallon buckets with 6in netpot lids, drain plugs for buckets, spouts to check ph level, syringe to draw water out of bucket to check ph, and the air introduction technology, which i have to say puts out a lot more air than an air stone. and the 4 outlet pump that does 254 gallons an hour. i set them up in the grow tent under the light and transferred the seedling over, I ended up cutting the netpot, it was a lot easier since a lot of the roots were doing loops through the thing. I situated it in a bed of hydroton and covered it up the rest of the way.

Another down side, I just added 1 gallon of water to each bucket so i can run the air technology for awhile because the adapter that came with the ro system doesn't fit my faucet line, so im going to go buy an adapter once my wife gets home and can drive me to home depot to get it. Yes my wife drives me around, i am a disabled vet and cant drive due to injuries, so please keep negative remarks to yourselves about my wife driving me around. I only mention that because i catch a lot of heat about it from people. But as soon as she gets home ill get that adapter so i can use the ro system to fill the buckets then add all my nutes i will also be moving the other seeds to rockwool cubes later tonight, heres the pics of what is done so far,

20150610_164043.jpg

20150610_164051.jpg

20150610_164100.jpg

20150610_164115.jpg

20150610_164827.jpg

hopefully I didn't kill the plant putting it in the new bucket, guess time will tell

im running out of space to hang things on so im gonna also head to the hydro store to see if i can find some cross bars for the top. will the roots just find their way back down to the water through all the hydroton, should i expect to see anything so that way i wont freak out wondering whats going on with my plant, this is so much different indoors than out, i would just let nature do its things, plant the seed in the ground and wait till its ready, i never added nutrients or did timing schedules,

ok so i went to home depot and got a fitting for my faucet for the sink that i can just screw this adapter in that came with the ro system, I came home set it up and water just barely flows out of the pure water tube. it takes 25+ minutes just to fill a gallon jug, i have to do this 12 more times, there has to be a better way.

So I finally have the first bucket filled and i set it up however i forgot to see how much water is in the bucket for when i do my nutrients. Now since my grodan cube is so small and had to sit it on top of a lot of hydroton and then bury it with hydroton i brought the water level even to the bottom of the basket, im filling the second bucket up 1 gallon at a time using a water jug as a measuring tool, once that water level is even with the other one ill know how many gallons and can add the right amount of nutes.

ill keep posting as i progress but this is gonna take a long time.

Alright time for another update,

Right now I have 2 pots filled to the very bottom of the netpot water is actually slightly going over the bottom, i am hoping this is ok since there is so much hydroton, i don't want my poor plant to go thirsty or hungry, both filled buckets have been phd to 5.6 and i added nutes I will check all the buckets final ppm after im done and everything is settled, Im waiting to fill the other 2 buckets before transplanted the other 2 white widow into the germination rockwoool cube.

Ill post again after everythings done.

im running out of space to hang things on so im gonna also head to the hydro store to see if i can find some cross bars for the top. will the roots just find their way back down to the water through all the hydroton, should i expect to see anything so that way i wont freak out wondering whats going on with my plant, this is so much different indoors than out, i would just let nature do its things, plant the seed in the ground and wait till its ready, i never added nutrients or did timing schedules,

it will go through I put my clones straight in but I also make the water lvl close enough that with my airstones which im not sure if you have in your buckets helps keep the root area wet this doesn't drown the plant because of the oxygen
another thing if you don't have airstones cause you not in individual dwc bubblers and are on rdwc then you just water from the top until the roots can get to the correct depth I hope I didn't confuse you.

Alright time for another update,

Right now I have 2 pots filled to the very bottom of the netpot water is actually slightly going over the bottom, i am hoping this is ok since there is so much hydroton, i don't want my poor plant to go thirsty or hungry, both filled buckets have been phd to 5.6 and i added nutes I will check all the buckets final ppm after im done and everything is settled, Im waiting to fill the other 2 buckets before transplanted the other 2 white widow into the germination rockwoool cube.

Ill post again after everythings done.

when I put my seedling in my netpot lid the bottom of my rooting plug is touching the water but im on individual bubbler buckets so they have air keeping them from drowning and also allowing me to just leave it alone and not worry if its going dry
its how I do it everyone has different opinions but its been working for me for a long time so that's how I do it

Thanks Chronic yeah these are individual bubble buckets, they have a spider air injector inside each one instead of an airstone, its like a bubbling cauldron inside the bucket ill take a video and post it in a few minutes, that's why i got these, theres 4 buckets and one air supply that has 4 outlets, 1 line to each bucket, it also has a speed control which i have set to max, they are 3.5 gallon buckets with a 6in netpot built into the lid also a spout that i can draw water from to check ph and ppm. I got them at modularhydro.com, i was gonna get the rootspa system but decided with these cause they were cheaper.

So all 4 buckets are setup and filled up with 2.5 gallons of water. all buckets phd to 5.6, the 3 seed buckets have a ppm ranging from 425 -505 ( it jumps because of all the air bubbles coming up through the bucket messing with meter ) after adding general hydroponic 3 part series, i added 6ml of each. In the bucket with the 1 week old White Widow it has a ppm range of 995-1090. I actually messed up on the nutes with the white widow, i was suppose to add 22.5 of gro and 18.75ml of micro , instead i did the opposite i gave it 22.5 of micro and 18.75 of gro. Since it takes almost an hour to get enough water to fill the bucket i just left it as it was, i hope Im not wrong but if I see any sign of nute burn im going to immediately flush it with RO Water and just let it soak that up for a week with no nutes. I also added 6ml of calmag+ to every bucket since i used RO water. And I don't know if I said what the ppms were before and after the RO system but it was over 400ppm to start, and like 18 after the RO system.

The plant actually is doing this weird kind of curl upward, its not discolored, its just growing a little funky, heres pics of everything now that its complete even with the 2nd light in there now.

20150610_231418.jpg

20150610_231426.jpg

20150610_231435.jpg

20150610_231451.jpg

ok well sorry chronic i took a little 8 second video clip of the inside of my bucket to show you all the air bubbles this thing makes but it wouldn't let me upload it, However i did find the URL for a video of it working off the website its a short video and then theres another with it working with some air stones and that clip is only like 20 or 30 seconds.

heres the AIT Spider for the bubble bucket i was talking about

[video]

and here is the video clip of it in a bucket with airstones.

oh yea one other thing if you look at the ph charts in veg you might wanna bump that ph up to about 6.0-6.2 on the ph

well i started it lower due to the rockwool raising the ph of the solution

After waking up and turning the lights on everything seemed normal the white widow is still doing its funky growing but its not unhealthy, i think it may just be how its trying to get light after moving it. but no discoloration or stunted growth.

Right now the ph is 6.0 even in every bucket after sitting all night not being touched. ppm ranges are within range, the white widow is between 990-1100 and the others are between 380-540. Again it makes it hard to tell because of how much the meter jumps while trying to take a reading due to all the air bubbles.

Chronic how did that medi bomb turn out for you? how was the smoke on it? im thinking about ordering some of those seeds, I mainly look for strains that have that severe couchlock effect, the more narcotic the better since i use it for pain, ive noticed the once that make me all couchlocked are usually the best for me for relieving my pain. Is that strain one of those?

subbed, loook ing nice comrade . dude my keyboard is f** *d andand I'm getting ddrurunk off my massive new home brewerryy lolol. signing off uuntil I buy a new one on saturday

If you keep a little cup or shot glass next to you res, you can fill that and check the PPM in the cup and the numbers won't fluctuate so much. I hate it when I can only get a reading within 200PPM so i started doing this. The reading settles much more quickly.

Don't know if I stated my presence here yet, so; Hey there matticusss, I'm following!

hey there thanks for the advice im going to start doing that, I have plenty of shot glasses i can use. I built a 2.5ft x 2.5ft pvc scrog i still need to get fencing to ziptie to the pvc though. Should i use it for this grow or should I just bend and tie it down and let it grow naturally, im definitely trying to maximize my yield.

are they feminized seeds?

I'm a big supporter of the netting idea in most scenario's. When I set up trellising, I saw my yields jump about 50% right off the bat. Have since then doubled my yields since then with the right trimming and bending. But it's not the only way to do it. Just what worked best for my logistically at the time.

That being said, you've got plenty of time to figure out how you'll bloom these ladies(?)(knock on wood)

Thanks I tried, Im still going to keep upgrading it as I go, which I think every grower does but for now im happy just need to get another led light for the grow box then ill be set, atleast for now anyway.

So i went in and Phd everything to 5.9 and going to let it drift to 6.2, checked on the 3 seeds and one shell has cracked all the way open inside the rockwool and i can see a green leaf inside the rockwool, if it doesn't make its way out by tomorrow night ill dissect the rockwool and put it in another rockwool cube. the other 2 seeds haven't cracked open like that other one yet, and well heres pics i just took of the white widow

20150611_194107.jpg

20150611_194113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom