Matticusss - White Widow - DWC - 2015 LED Grow Log

alright ill order some then, i just finished balancing the ph now its time for me to go to bed I will post tomorrow after i turn the lights on, ill try to take a picture of all the plants before the light comes on so that way the led light doesn't mess with the camera

you know after posting on this site and reading the sponsor ads go by over and over again, i see the add for bonza seeds and it says on theyre ad 50k customers, im shocked that number is so low. I would surely think that out of 7 billion people on the earth more than 50k would be growing marijuana, even for the US alone, 50k customers should just come from 3 or 4 states. Now i know there are other sites to get seeds from but still i would have thought that number would have been higher. Review wise they are right up there with attitude and herbies. Just a little side note from me while im waiting on the trees to grow

Now I have done some more research and have been looking back at the mars hydro lights, and compared them to other ones, I am actually really liking the mars hydro 1600 watt, it has a 780 actual watt, when compared to the kind led light that's a lot more money its a 1000 watt with an actual watt of 630. The Mars Hydro light doesn't have all the extra features and fancy gadgets as the kind led and the difference between 1600 and 780 compared to 1000 and 630 is definitely no comparison in how much actual wattage is being used compared to the advertised amount of wattage. However 780 actual watts in my eyes is still more than 630 actual watts, so I think im going to have to sacrifice all the conveniences and bells and whistles for the Mars Hydro 1600 watt when i upgrade. for the amount of watts and my actual growing space That is all i would need to max that space out. And its 1/3 of the price of the fancy one. However When I decide to double or triple my grow space I will definitely pick that one up since it will save a lot of time using all those fancy things it can do. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the matter on what i decided to do. However gonna have to wait till harvest time tog et the new light, who knows maybe there will be a stronger one from Mars Hydro by September.

Definitely get that 1600 or 1200 by Mars. The lights you have will work for the size scrog you built but might as well go big so you can fill the whole tent and use all 3 lights in there and get that coveted gram per watt :Namaste:

alright just turned the lights on and checked on the babies, The White Widow is doing great, the big bang right next to the ww has already sprouted and the other 2 white widow seeds are right at the top of the rockwool so they should sprout by tonight or tomorrow. heres the pics

20150612_121831.jpg

20150612_121911.jpg

20150612_121920.jpg

20150612_121925.jpg

look at the tent manufacturers site if there is one
I know if your using secret jardin tents they have things like that

I just received another set of ratcheting hanging straps for the lights, Ill be using that with the other light so i can lower and raise the light as needed. As well as a humidity and temperature guage . However I don't think that the reading is correct. the reading it shows in the grow tent is 80F and 32% humidity. I say i don't think that its right because when i turned it on my house was 72 degress and it read 82 on the meter. I also have another digital thermometer setup in my kitchen, if you turn it on itll tell you exactly how warm or cool it is and that meter read 72 degress while the other said 82 degrees. So I don't know maybe it just needs time to adjust ill leave it on over the next few days and see

I just received another set of ratcheting hanging straps for the lights, Ill be using that with the other light so i can lower and raise the light as needed. As well as a humidity and temperature guage . However I don't think that the reading is correct. the reading it shows in the grow tent is 80F and 32% humidity. I say i don't think that its right because when i turned it on my house was 72 degress and it read 82 on the meter. I also have another digital thermometer setup in my kitchen, if you turn it on itll tell you exactly how warm or cool it is and that meter read 72 degress while the other said 82 degrees. So I don't know maybe it just needs time to adjust ill leave it on over the next few days and see

Try putting the thermometer in question side by side with one that you know is correct (or at least seems close). Doesn't matter whether it's in your kitchen or in your tent, if they read the same after an hour or two, then you know they are both displaying the correct temp! 82 is not that bad though. I usually start to do something about temp if it reaches 83 or 84. I know its a miniscule difference, but if you try to mess with things before then, sometime you can end up having a bigger swing in temperature than you were already having. Just a thought.

:Namaste:

ok so after awhile it ended up adjusting correctly, the humidity is 34% and the temp is 79F

I also decided not to scrog this grow since im growing all 4 in the same tent at the same time and the 1st white widow already has a week and a half on the other 3 so im afraid they wont catch up and that 1st white widow will hog up all the space on the scrog, so I think im going to try and figure out another way to do some training with them instead.

ok so two more seedling have emerged, however, one of them looks like its cotyledons are stuck together, the shell is off, and it looks like a small film or membrane that's see through that's still left on the tip of the two leafs, i sprayed it with water hoping that will soften it and it will just separate on its own. the other one is still turning its cotyledons upward but is still facing down into the rockwool. and the other seed still has the shell on it.

I lowered the PH to 5.9 and im going to let it drift between 5.9and 6.2. The current temperature is 79F and humidity is at 34%

ok so to make things clearer from here on out, the first white widow will be named #1, the big bang will be called by its name, and the white widow directly beyond plant #1 is going to be plant #2 and the one to the right of plant #2 will be called plant #3. Its just hard to keep calling them what i have been.

So I had to do 3 rounds of surgery on my babies, the big bang had some kind of see through membrane stuck to it keeping the cotyledons stuck together, so i took tweezers and sterilized them with rubbing alcohol and then proceded to slowly pull at the membrane until it came off, and success, 2 perfect cotyledons with another set of leaves already developing.

Then we move on the #2, its shell was cracked all the way open and pushed to the top but was stuck, so I used the tweezers to pull the seed shell off, and success, it came off no problem and the cotyledons are perfectly in tact, the only thing is that its stem kind of looks like a spring because of it trying to push the seed shell through.

Finally #3, I saw that the seedling cotyledon was stuck inside the rockwool so I took the tweezers and slightly coaxed it out and as i did there was yet another membrane stuck on that cotyledon as well, So I removed it but one of the cotyledons has broken off, Im hoping it will recover just like #1 did.

Ill be posting pics in less than an hour, right now im having issues trying to keep the tent cool, been dealing with temps over 100f all day locally and trying to keep the room cool but the grow tent is soaking up all the heat instead of the AC for some reason. So I opened more vents on the tent and opened one of the doors slightly so air can move in and the heat can vent out better. It has helped a lot, the temp has lowered 5 degrees in an hour. right now the temp is at 81 inside the tent

Looking good! :thumb:

Damn that's a nice light. I just checked out the par spectrum on those. Sick.

Back
Top Bottom