Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

:thumb:Everytiem when i visit your grow journal,they got new leaf comes out:cheer:
Usually we recommend temperature and humidity for your plants are found between 75°-85°F and 50%-70% humidity ,PH is 5.5-6.5.:high-five:
Day 9 above ground. This morning, the second set of leaves on the MM was looking wilty and there are 2 necrosis spots forming on its first set. Since the humidity was low (37%) I put the humidifier in and got that boosted back up. Temp today has been 78F with humidity at 62%. PH on both units is at 5.9. PPM's are at 220. I'm wondering if it's just bad genetics, since the other Massive Midget I dropped had a bizarre germination fail where the root came out about 1" but the shell itself never split or moved upwards. It could also be that Massive Midget isn't fond of hydro/aero/dwc methods.

Either way, back up plan executed and Critical+ Auto by Dinafem is in the cup soaking. The leaves on the MM look like they're displaying symptoms of overwatering. On top of adding the humidifier, I dialed back the drip pump to be on for 1 minute and off for 8 minutes on the aerogarden running Massive Midget. We'll see how this turns out.

IMG_320215.JPG
IMG_320412.JPG

The Med Gom's look fantastic and are kicking butt. Second set is filling out quickly on both.

IMG_320513.JPG

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

10 days above ground now and I'm having the same problem I ran into during my last grow - brown/orange spotting on the leaves. I think the MM might be wiped, since the main leaves from the 2nd set are still wilty and not unfurling. MG's are showing light spotting. I flushed the reservoir and did not add any nutes at all, PH is at 5.9 on both. I'll wait until the cotyledon's yellow before adding any more nutes. Also, my Critical + have been transplanted into grow sponges, seed casings are open and tap roots are about to spring out. So, in they go! The MM may come back from the dead, but with the worst of things hitting that top set of leaves - which would produce 3 leaves on each side - I'm worried about it stalling out and dying due to the damage.

IMG_321412.JPG
IMG_321911.JPG
IMG_321513.JPG
IMG_321711.JPG
IMG_321611.JPG
IMG_321812.JPG
IMG_322013.JPG
IMG_322111.JPG

Just got the last post via email so forgive me if you've posted the info above but are you using RO water? Think it could be a calmag issue this early on?

As you know I had the same issue with my grow and would love to figure it out! And if anyone can do it, I feel it's you my friend :thumb:

I am using RO water, PH'd to 5.8. I was running a 1/4 dose of cal/mag on the last grow in the early stages but still had this issue. I went ahead and did a 1/4 dose tonight of SensiCalMag Xtra.

Roots on all plants look fantastic. I untangled the roots on the MG's, which were right next to each other and moved them to opposite sides of the Aerogarden. Still going to cull one of them, but want to see which survives the mystery brown/orange spots. If I was doing this outdoors, I'd think Rust Spots, which is a sort of fungus. But, right now it could be cal/mag deficiency or any number of other things.

The MM seems to have totally stalled out. Third set of leaves has been sitting in the same position for nearly 3 days now. The main leaf on the 2nd set of leaves for the MM just looks awful. If it does bite the dust, one of the Critical + Auto's is breaking above ground tonight. So, it can take the place of the MM.

IMG_322210.JPG
IMG_322312.JPG
IMG_322415.JPG
IMG_322714.JPG
IMG_322812.JPG

12 days above ground now and the addition of the cal/mag seems to have halted the progression of the necrosis on the leaves. In fact, something interesting is happening with the MM that looked like it was on the verge of death. It looks like it's developing bud sites already, growth at both nodes and the third set of leaves is working on coming out now. No growth at the nodes on the MG's. It could just be a stress response, but either way it's exciting since I had written that plant off for the most part.

One of the critical+ auto's is above ground and shedding it's seed currently. The other is making an attempt.

IMG_322914.JPG
IMG_323012.JPG
IMG_323111.JPG
IMG_323212.JPG
IMG_323317.JPG
IMG_323713.JPG

13 days above ground today. PH, temp and humidity are all solid as a rock. The MM appears to be recovering, but third set of leaves is still stalled out waiting to unfurl. The bud sites at the nodes seem to be growing and the 2nd set of leaves is catching up after that weird withering that was going on. The MG's are doing great. The areas that took damage from the cal/mag deficiency are dying off but the 2nd sets of leaves look good enough. One of them is virtually untouched on the 2nd set and both are fine on the 3rd set.

Both Critical + (will be called C+ now) are above ground. One of them has 3 cotyledon's instead of 2.

IMG_324414.JPG
IMG_32459.JPG
IMG_324612.JPG
IMG_324712.JPG
IMG_324816.JPG
IMG_324912.JPG

14 days above ground today, 2 week mark! About 20% of the way there. The MM is really staging quite a comeback. 3rd set and 4th set are coming in slowly. Growth at the nodes is impressive. I'll look a bit closer to see if she's showing and pre-flowers tomorrow. The MG's are both doing fine but the lower fan leaves look to be pretty much toast on both. I'm going to let them fall off on their own and hold off on pinching to reduce any stress that may come with that. I'll be adding in the Sensi Grow A+B tomorrow, as well. Will get it PPM'd to about 250 and see how that goes. I'll keep with the cal/mag, as well. They look like they're about to hit some fast paced growth now with all of the solar panels deployed.

IMG_325117.JPG
IMG_325219.JPG
IMG_325310.JPG
IMG_325411.JPG
IMG_325512.JPG

15 days above ground and things are back in good order with growth really speeding up. I culled one of the MG's, the one that was pretty beat up from the cal/mag deficiency, and one of the Critical+ that had not shot out tap roots yet. So, 3 plants in the tent today instead of 5. If the MM keeps up with the nice growth I'll cull that last Critical+.

I'm going to hold off on adding the nutes tonight, which I originally planed to do. Instead, I'll add those in tomorrow. Give the 3rd set of leaves on the MM an extra day to grow. The bud sites that are growing out of the nodes on the MM are looking *very* good for this plants age. The MG's bud sites are starting to come in at the nodes now, just much smaller than on the MM. I can see pre-flowering occuring as well but no pistils coming out of the little baby calyx's yet.

IMG_327111.JPG
IMG_327211.JPG
IMG_327316.JPG
IMG_327414.JPG
IMG_327510.JPG

16 days topside now. I added in 1/4 dose of Sensi Grow A+B. If all goes well with that, I'll add in 1/4 dose of the B52 tomorrow night. Temp has been between 75F and 79F. Humidity from 55% to 65%. PH is at 5.8 on both. PPM's on the MG at 215 and PPM's on the MM are 230. New growth on the MM is coming in so quickly, it's unreal. The MG seems to be on more of a consistent growth course. Anyhow, I'm pleased with both.

The Critical+ has 3 fan leaves coming in and 3 cotyledons - how bizarre! Growing a mutant here.

Pic upload isn't cooperating with me, so I will add those in later .

:goodjob:you got everything they needed.:bravo:
15 days above ground and things are back in good order with growth really speeding up. I culled one of the MG's, the one that was pretty beat up from the cal/mag deficiency, and one of the Critical+ that had not shot out tap roots yet. So, 3 plants in the tent today instead of 5. If the MM keeps up with the nice growth I'll cull that last Critical+.

I'm going to hold off on adding the nutes tonight, which I originally planed to do. Instead, I'll add those in tomorrow. Give the 3rd set of leaves on the MM an extra day to grow. The bud sites that are growing out of the nodes on the MM are looking *very* good for this plants age. The MG's bud sites are starting to come in at the nodes now, just much smaller than on the MM. I can see pre-flowering occuring as well but no pistils coming out of the little baby calyx's yet.

IMG_327111.JPG
IMG_327211.JPG
IMG_327316.JPG
IMG_327414.JPG
IMG_327510.JPG

17 days above ground and the MM and MG are doing great. MM is developing some very tight nodes, excited about her impressive recovery from the deficiency last week. MG is cruising along, as well. No real nute intake to speak of, according to the PPM meter. But, not too surprised there.

The Critical+ is coming along. The 3 leaves + 3 cotyledon's is pretty cool. I'd hate to toss the plant out since it's so unique. The pics I've seen of it appear to show a pretty large and bushy plant.

Day 18 & 19 above ground. No news is good news. Besides some more vegetative growth, nothing really new happening over here. The MM is really vegging out, looks like a ball of green right now. The MG is still moving at a consistent pace. All parameters are in check and no real issues to speak of at the moment *knock on wood*. 5th sets of leaves are coming in now. 5th set of leaves is fully in on both plants and the 6th set is wanting to unfurl. On the MM, the growth at the nodes in unreal for this early on in the game.

22 days above ground. No real changes or news to speak of. I bumped PH up to 6.0 on both to allow for some more cal/mag intake and will drop back to 5.8 tomorrow morning. Growth on both plants is impressive. Should be hitting some vertical stretch here really soon, stalks are getting fat on both.

IMG_333714.JPG

Back
Top Bottom