Mendocino Skunky Garlic Auto-Flower 2023

With or without a PAR meter, the plant will tell you...

One sign is this:
Screenshot_20230424-113316~2.png

Night Owl Seeds, Creme De La Compton F3
The plant has now sexed and is meandering it's way into stretch and will absolutely begin requiring more light. But it's best to add light in slow increments as to not shock or stunt her.

Or this:
Screenshot_20230501-182401~2.png

Night Owl Seeds, Creme De La Compton F3
Multiple Cola Tops have formed Budlets, and will be bulking in short order requiring greater light intensity.

My best suggestion is to purchase a PAR meter. The Photobio by Phantohm is an affordable option, and it is accurate.

Edit: Dutch Passion has a nice write up about light if you care to check it out..

Hope this helps..
:high-five:
Thanks, super helpful and I'll check that article out this evening. That's one negative about the new Vivosun light, it has the 25-50-75-100 settings and no in between so i have to raise intensity and distance and guess at PPFD

Would also add to what NAGreengo said, maybe need to consider the Peat Pot in the equation. I currently have a 6 week old Auto started in a peat pot. ATM not pretty, I suspect the lateral roots failed to properly escape the peat pot during the critical time. I did drill numerous 1/4 inch holes in the side of the pot and a much larger hole fer the tap. She still stalled a bit and is tri colored lol, cannot help but think a root problem exists as a result of the peat pot. Last time I used a peater I vowed to never use one again. I now vow to never ever use a peater again. I recommend starting Autos in their final pot, however there are sum transplanting techniques out there that work very well and do not restrict their finicky roots. I wish I could help you more but I am way out of my lane here. Good luck and happy growing.
:passitleft:

Would also add to what NAGreengo said, maybe need to consider the Peat Pot in the equation. I currently have a 6 week old Auto started in a peat pot. ATM not pretty, I suspect the lateral roots failed to properly escape the peat pot during the critical time. I did drill numerous 1/4 inch holes in the side of the pot and a much larger hole fer the tap. She still stalled a bit and is tri colored lol, cannot help but think a root problem exists as a result of the peat pot. Last time I used a peater I vowed to never use one again. I now vow to never ever use a peater again. I recommend starting Autos in their final pot, however there are sum transplanting techniques out there that work very well and do not restrict their finicky roots. I wish I could help you more but I am way out of my lane here. Good luck and happy growing.
Hey NFW, well fuck a duck that's deflating. I looked a bit before doing that and didn't see anything that said "don't use them" (but nothing that said "do" either upon reflection). The thought of digging her up and doing a more traditional transplant is running through my mind (I've seen guys do it on this site successfully), but at this point it feels too late, well, shit. I just topped her too. Do you use PP for photos?

I believe @ Roy Growin uses coco pots with excellent results, worth a try?
Thanks I will reach out if Roy doesn't jump in here and see if there is anything i can do at this point to help nurse her along

Hey NFW, well fuck a duck that's deflating. I looked a bit before doing that and didn't see anything that said "don't hot photosuse them" (but nothing that said "do" either upon reflection). The thought of digging a# of options her up the roots did not pass thru the Pete and doing a more traditional transplant is running through my mind (I've seen guys do it on this site successfully), but at this point it feels too late, well, shit. I just topped her too. Do you use PP for photos?
Don’t PANIC , my current plant is bout 6 weeks old, she will make it to harvest. Yours will to,these things are pretty hardy. I agree with you bout digging the thing up not a good option. If by chance the roots did not pass the Peet pot , something could possibly be done. I think it is too risky at this point but that is just me.
A good learning experience that someday you will be able to share with young aspiring growers.
I have never grown or been in a room with a photo, but some day I will before I croak. Not sure what pp you are referring to. Happy growing .
:goodluck:

Don’t PANIC , my current plant is bout 6 weeks old, she will make it to harvest. Yours will to,these things are pretty hardy. I agree with you bout digging the thing up not a good option. If by chance the roots did not pass the Peet pot , something could possibly be done. I think it is too risky at this point but that is just me.
A good learning experience that someday you will be able to share with young aspiring growers.
I have never grown or been in a room with a photo, but some day I will before I croak. Not sure what pp you are referring to. Happy growing .
:goodluck:
PP = Peat Pot....I am along for the ride now, hopefully she will power through. Thanks

those peat pots are gonna bottle the roots and kill the plant. there's only 1 or 2 brands of those things that work as advertised.

roys might be bamboo or rice based. it's the peat based ones that have difficulty breaking down.

those peat pots are gonna bottle the roots and kill the plant. there's only 1 or 2 brands of those things that work as advertised.

roys might be bamboo or rice based. it's the peat based ones that have difficulty breaking down.
So pull it and try to transplant into that 5G fab? I just put it in there 2 days ago

"Don't Panic"...no problem, I'll just go to defcon 1 instead :). I just pulled her from the hole and peat pot. She had taps coming out of the bottom but the side roots looked cramped. I spritzed her with DI, coated her in Great White Myco, transplanted her back into the original hole, and watered her in with the 0.2 EC Big Bloom+Grow Big solution from the other day.

I am not sure how she is going to take this move, but what a valuable lesson learned. And I thought growing weed would be easy, just drop a seed in the dirt and water her with Miracle Grow :)
0DCB280D-9475-4E15-A2CB-2C4E0CD361B2.jpeg

B94400E2-24E9-449E-A909-D656EB20CC91.jpeg

713B3633-80ED-4ABC-B8B6-3024FC535AA5.jpeg

Agree with you bluter them damn things are no bueno, however I believe in my case the tap root and other roots have escaped thru the bottom. I did cut bout 3/4 inch hole in the bottom fer the tap. I say this cause the plant is not terribly stunted. I will get a harvest from her not grand but a harvest. I fully understand 024 dilemma he did not know better, wtf is my effing problem, I know better ugh ! I would use caution digging that plant up if there are any visible roots, if I seen any roots I would leave her be. Sum special watering may be needed here, possibly concentrate close to the peat pot to help soften up especially the bottom . If roots are able to escape the bottom the plant will survive.
@024backwards I must say you did an outstanding job on Grow Journal, I plan on doing one myself soon, hope mine comes out half as good as yours. IMO grow journals are a learning experience you learned a valuable experience and others who follow you will also learn, I would definitely speak to it in your journal. Maybe if I had seen what those damn things do I would not even tried em ! Happy growing.
:goodluck: :goodjob:

IMHO, it is better to plant autos direct to final pot. Time is critical, and disturbances that can cause damage to the roots can not only stunt & dwarf them, but can open them up to infections as well. Hope she turns around for you!

Agree with you bluter them damn things are no bueno, however I believe in my case the tap root and other roots have escaped thru the bottom. I did cut bout 3/4 inch hole in the bottom fer the tap. I say this cause the plant is not terribly stunted. I will get a harvest from her not grand but a harvest. I fully understand 024 dilemma he did not know better, wtf is my effing problem, I know better ugh ! I would use caution digging that plant up if there are any visible roots, if I seen any roots I would leave her be. Sum special watering may be needed here, possibly concentrate close to the peat pot to help soften up especially the bottom . If roots are able to escape the bottom the plant will survive.
@024backwards I must say you did an outstanding job on Grow Journal, I plan on doing one myself soon, hope mine comes out half as good as yours. IMO grow journals are a learning experience you learned a valuable experience and others who follow you will also learn, I would definitely speak to it in your journal. Maybe if I had seen what those damn things do I would not even tried em ! Happy growing.
:goodluck: :goodjob:
Thanks for this info, super helpful you and Bluter, this is what I get for not asking first, I've always been one to learn things the hard way. The good news is I have another MSG auto bean that I can try in late summer if I screw this up (and there is still a (small) chance she can catch on). Thanks for the journal compliment. I cant grow worth a sh*t so there are a lot of problems to discuss ;)

good catch and fix. you're on the way and the plant looks good. you don't want any restrictions in the media you are running. the fabric pots are a great choice, let the roots breathe.

Thanks for this info, super helpful you and Bluter, this is what I get for not asking first, I've always been one to learn things the hard way. The good news is I have another MSG auto bean that I can try in late summer if I screw this up (and there is still a (small) chance she can catch on). Thanks for the journal compliment. I cant grow worth a sh*t so there are a lot of problems to discuss ;)
Happy to help, I followed your grow cause of them pp. Your plant looked real good atm and I was hoping to see what your secret was. I did not chime in till early plant fade, and seen your plant is going the same way mine had already gone. Really hope you caught it in time, I luv Autos but they can be finicky. I am sure you know now the first 21 days or so are the most important, they just can’t recover like a photo in veg. Once in flower they are near bombproof. Like you I am fairly new to growing anything really, every day is a learning experience . Good site here lots of peeps to keep people like us straight.

Happy to help, I followed your grow cause of them pp. Your plant looked real good atm and I was hoping to see what your secret was. I did not chime in till early plant fade, and seen your plant is going the same way mine had already gone. Really hope you caught it in time, I luv Autos but they can be finicky. I am sure you know now the first 21 days or so are the most important, they just can’t recover like a photo in veg. Once in flower they are near bombproof. Like you I am fairly new to growing anything really, every day is a learning experience . Good site here lots of peeps to keep people like us straight.
Thanks, maybe we can pull off a miracle here :Rasta:

IMHO, it is better to plant autos direct to final pot. Time is critical, and disturbances that can cause damage to the roots can not only stunt & dwarf them, but can open them up to infections as well. Hope she turns around for you!

Thanks NA, I read that so many times and just didn't listen for some reason. From now on though, paper towel to 5G fab.

I did a lil research on them coco pots,found ‘em on the internet at a site that offers free shipping. I felt they are a lil spendy bout 1.00 each. Although this was not a Cannabis site their were reviews from growers of autos posting positive reports. Thinking I will order sum, got sum Auto seeds that I accidentally made and give ‘em a try. Happy growing.

I did a lil research on them coco pots,found ‘em on the internet at a site that offers free shipping. I felt they are a lil spendy bout 1.00 each. Although this was not a Cannabis site their were reviews from growers of autos posting positive reports. Thinking I will order sum, got sum Auto seeds that I accidentally made and give ‘em a try. Happy growing.
Good luck I think I’m going to avoid them going forward and work on my transplant game

Back
Top Bottom