MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

Damn bubbles your plants are looking mighty healthy. That SNS is some good shit! I think my issue was a shore fly problem and the SNS wiped em out in one soil drench. I think I used alot more then tablespoons worth thoe. Think I mixed around 4 oz per gallon.

Thanks! I know it called for 2oz to 4oz. I went with 2oz to be safe. My next feeding I may bump it up to 4oz for a last treatment.

Bad news today, I was adjusting my strings this morning and I snapped the stalk on my Berry Ryder 2 about 3/4 of the way through the stem towards the very top :( That's what I get for checking on them when I'm half asleep. Now if this was a photo I wouldn't be worried at all. I'd cut the top or I'm sure it will heal itself too and act as a super crop. Unfortunately with autos I'm not really sure. I've heard they can hermie pretty easily by topping or super cropping. So now I face a dilemma. I'm sure I can heal it. I've already created a makeshift split for it but my concern is whether it will become a hermie now. If it does I'd much rather throw it out and make room for my other plants seems how I have 2 other berry Ryder's. Also, I'm debating if I should just cut the too off or let it try to heal. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

That sucks man! I would just splint that baby up and go with the flow. I am sure it will be fine

Seems to be recovering pretty well. Just taped it up and readjusted the strings. :D

You will be happy with that! I bet them flys are gonna be gone for good!

They're def going to be gone one way or a other lol

Today is the 30th day from when the seeds were planted. They are all doing fantastic, minus the splint on one lol. I just fed them again tonight with the following:

1tblspn molasses
1tsp epsom salt
1tblspn big bloom
1tblspn grow big
5tblspn SNS 303
All per gallon

Ill be doing a pic update in a few more days.

The Blue OG and Ultrasour seeds I planted just sprouted today!

Also, I got rid of all the bag seed plants except one which I replanted in a 2 liter coke bottle. I purchased ProMix All Purpose potting soil and added a little bit of extra perlite to it. Im hoping to add some additional amendments and let it cook for awhile before I transplant the OG and US.

I split my white widow that is about 4 feet tall now right down the middle of the bottom of the stalk, its been about a week or so and she is doing just fine. Got to love the damn WEEDS :) Best of luck for the berry to pull through :high-five:

I split my white widow that is about 4 feet tall now right down the middle of the bottom of the stalk, its been about a week or so and she is doing just fine. Got to love the damn WEEDS :) Best of luck for the berry to pull through :high-five:

Thanks CA! I'm hoping she pulls through also. So far so good (fingers crossed). Really can't wait to get these harvested so I can get my photos going. Hoping these autos get bigger I'm a little disappointed in their size so far. Maybe I've stunted them. I know the will still get quite a bit bigger though. Just hoping for 1oz per plant min.

Pics :D

24717.jpg

24815.jpg

Duct tape splint
24914.jpg

The Group
25014.jpg

may i ask what your light cycle is right now? I'm starting a similar number of plants with the same wattage but much less pro.

Thanks! Not sure I'd consider my setup "pro" lol. I'm running an 18/6 lighting schedule. For me this works best because of heat and electric. If these weren't an issue I'd prolly run it 20/4.

I have not ran any autos yet myself, so thinking about the split stalk could actually stunt the girls growth down abit as you said, but it shouldn't kill her. But her being an auto, idk, do they need to keep a set in stone 90 day flowering period from seed? Really have no clue on autos :laugh:
Autos are weird man, I really need to do some reading my self, I have one Critical + auto seed I've been wanting to grow but don't have the info in my head yet.. Your girls look very healthy though Bubbles you sure are on the right track my man :thumb: Keep up the great work :peace: CA

I have not ran any autos yet myself, so thinking about the split stalk could actually stunt the girls growth down abit as you said, but it shouldn't kill her. But her being an auto, idk, do they need to keep a set in stone 90 day flowering period from seed? Really have no clue on autos :laugh:
Autos are weird man, I really need to do some reading my self, I have one Critical + auto seed I've been wanting to grow but don't have the info in my head yet.. Your girls look very healthy though Bubbles you sure are on the right track my man :thumb: Keep up the great work :peace: CA

Thanks buddy! From my research I've read that Autos can hermie easily from stress. Now I think a lot of this is based on the first autos which weren't very stable. Most recent autos are supposed to be just as resilient as photos but with a much shorter veg time. That's why topping, foliating, scrog and super cropping are not recommended because it has such a short veg time.

I have a small amount of experience with photos from several years ago and this is my first auto grow. I do have to say these Autos are AMAZING! I encourage everyone to try growing a few. They have a very flexible light schedule so you can mix them with photos and they grow insanely fast! What I'm doing right now is starting 2 photos in the same tent. They're going to veg on 18hrs until the Autos are done which will be a little be more than a month. Then ill harvest the autos, flip to 12/12, and ill be harvesting photos 2 months later.

I also plan to run them along side photo clones. I want to get a second 4x4 tent. I want to put 2 2x2ft t5's in my 2x4 tent. Then ill move the month old photos, Ultrasour and Blue Og, into the 4x4 with my 600watt HPS. In the meantime ill have 4 clones from each growing in the 2x4 tent, 3 from each strain to move to flower and 1 from each strain to keep as a mother. I will also grow 2 autos in the Veg tent under t5's and I can move them to the 4x4 to finish them on 12/12 for the last few weeks.

Confusing enough? Lol I've got big plans in the pipeline, just need this harvest to come through. Then I can get some money to expand! :D

Here's a few pics today of my biggest plant. It's the Berry Ryder 2. I also included a group photo and a pic of my photo Blue OG seedling.

25134.jpg

25217.jpg

25315.jpg

25416.jpg

25514.jpg

Just transplanted my Ultrasour and Blue OG seedlings into small containers with ProMix All Purpose Potting soil. I also added a little bit extra perlite. Hoping things don't get too crowded while I veg these along side my autos :D Here's a few pics...

25614.jpg

25715.jpg

25816.jpg

Update Day 33:

Things have been going a lot smoother now. I'm not seeing anymore flies, I've got my temps dialed in, and I'm starting to get my nutrient scheduled dialed in as well.

I did have a little hiccup LST'ng one of my plants where I broke the top stalk. I was able to duct tape it back together and it's growing strong! :D

I'm noticing a big difference between my plants. I've got 3 that are shorter, bushier, and just starting to flower. These 3 were much smaller when I started LST'ng them vs the others. The 3 larger plants are much taller, more spacing between nodes, and already growing mini buds lol. They are all the same age, same conditions, and some are even the same strain so I'm a little confused on the difference.

The only thing I can think of is different phenotype or maybe my light isn't dispersing? I'm quite baffled really. Also, I've noticed some of the smaller plants, like my Mazar for example, the leaves seem droopy. I'm wondering if these plants need bloom nutes and that's why they're not flowering as much as the others because they need more flowering nutes than the others? Just a wild guess though. Any opinions would be welcome.

None the less they are all looking extremely healthy. There are a few brown spots here or there on some of the lower leaves due to water splashing up when I feed them. I haven't trimmed any leaves yet and am reluctant to do so. Also, I have accidentally tore a few leaves trying to move the pots around.

My only concern at this point is space and time. Now that I'm growing 2 photo seedlings and the one bagseed in a 2 liter coke bottle it's going to get pretty crowded. Im trying to keep the photos as small as possible by stunting them in smaller containers. My hope is as soon as the autos are done I can clone off the photos and have another harvest 2 months later. That of course ties into time. Most of my seeds are supposed to be done between 60-70 days. I realize this is probably not accurate though. I'm hoping to be able to start harvesting by 9/15. That would be approximately 70 days for my 60 day plants. I realize some autos can actually take up to a full 12 weeks but I need some good weed and even the leaves from these plants would be 10 times better than the shit you get around these parts lol. Ultimately I will rely on the plants to tell me because I'd much rather wait a few weeks for a better product if its necessary.

Finally, THE SMELL!!! :D These girls are smelling amazing! You can easily smell the difference between each strain. My favorite is of course the berry Ryder followed by the critical jack. Unfortunately the increasing smell is a bad thing too. It's usually only strong when the tent first turns on after being in the dark for 6 hours. I literally stand outside the exhaust vent and inhale it :D The smell literally creeps up from my basement to the main floor of my house. It does only last about an hour and then we get it under control with spray and air wick plug ins. I can't imagine how intense it will get over the next few weeks. I just need to hold it off until 8/15 and then I can finally order my filter and fan speed controller. Until then ill just have to buy more plug ins and spray lol

I did water/feed them all today. I increased from 2 cups to 4 cups of water each. I'm finally getting some runoff now. I did have to mix 2 gallons of feed which was a lot more time consuming. I see a 5 gallon water jug in my near future. I included the following per gal in my feed today:

1tblspn molasses
1tsp epsom salt
1tblspn big bloom
1tblsln grow big

As you can see I've bumped my Grow Big up to full strength this week. I'm trying to go for one more big growth spurt before I switch to flower nutes. I'm planning to give them straight water on Friday and then feed them again on Sunday with Tiger Bloom included. I will also switch from my Mh to Hps bulb on Sunday too. Any suggestions on my schedule would be appreciated.

Last question..would you guys suggest running a separate journal for my 2 photo seedlings or should I just run them on this same journal?

And here's the pics....

Berry Ryder 1
25913.jpg

26013.jpg

Berry Ryder 2 (the runt with a duct tape splint)
26133.jpg

26214.jpg

26316.jpg

Berry Ryder 3 ( my biggest and furthest)
26416.jpg

26516.jpg

Blue Cheese (sometimes the leaves look slightly blue under the MH compared to the others. Not sure if I'm seeing things or if this is a trait of this strand)
26613.jpg

26712.jpg

Mazar ( the droopy bush)
26815.jpg

26912.jpg

Critical Jack (the stretchiest one must be the sativa in her?)
27011.jpg

27131.jpg

And the group
27214.jpg

27315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom