MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

you want 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness for flowering. I set my lights to come on at the coolest time of the day midnight and set my lights to go off at noon before the warmest part of the day. if you are going to flower your automatic and photo period in the same area i would use one journal.

Thanks for stopping by guys! These are all auto strains so I will be running them on a 18/6 light schedule through harvest. The 2 photo seeds will be switched to a 12/12 once the autos are harvested.

Just a few pics from tonight. Just watered each of them with straight water 4 cups each. I'm going to switch to flowering nutes and my hps bulb on Wednesday.

27413.jpg

27515.jpg

27616.jpg

27712.jpg

27813.jpg

Day 37 Pic Update!!!!

The strings are off! :D I decided that vertical growth has pretty much stopped on all the plants so I took all my LST strings off. I'm quite impressed with the results. I got a nice spiral pattern on all the plants. I also removed a few of the excess leaves. Can I use these leaves for edibles yet?

I'm planning on waiting until Wednesday to feed them again. Then I will add Tiger Bloom and switch to my HPS bulb.

27914.jpg

28012.jpg

28126.jpg

Berry Ryder 1
28215.jpg

28312.jpg

Berry Ryder 3
28414.jpg

28514.jpg

28613.jpg

Mazar
28712.jpg

28813.jpg

Blue Cheese
28913.jpg

29011.jpg

Critical Jack
29126.jpg

29213.jpg

Blue OG Seedling Day 6:
29313.jpg

Ultrasour Seedling Day 6:
29413.jpg

Bagseed in a 2L bottle
29511.jpg

29612.jpg

29713.jpg

29813.jpg

I figured it out. I exceed my bandwidth for the month because I have a free account. Ill get it updated in a bit. Thanks for pointing that out!

Hey bubbles man!! I got behind on my 420 reading and been busy since the wife and kids are out of state visiting family. Just wanted to drop by and say you have a mighty fine green looking tent!!! Keep up the good work and look at all that LST!!

Thanks! I'm still shocked at how well everything is doing. Beginners luck I guess lol. My only problem now is space. It's going to get super crowded in there. I'm going to get a 2nd tent and it will be a 4x4. I found one for $115. I can't afford it until after this harvest though so they're gonna have to squeeze in there some how :D

Pic update from tonight.

Switched to my HPS bulb still running it at 400watts about 18in above the canopy. I also made a laso around my plants with string to pull the branches closer together.

Here's the last Mh pic:
29911.jpg

The first HPS pics:
3006.jpg

And after I tied them:
30121.jpg

Couple close ups with a jeweler's a loupe and my phone:
30214.jpg
30313.jpg
30413.jpg
30510.jpg

Question for you guys...do HPS bulbs run hotter then MH bulbs at the same wattage?

I'm asking because I've noticed my temps increased from 84 to 89 degrees since switching last night. I didn't have time to look at it this morning so I turned the light down to 250watts.

i noticed when i switched from a Metal Halide light bulb to a High Pressure Sodium light bulb the amount of heat it generated went up but so did the lumens.

Thanks John! I've been trying to research it online and I'm finding different answers everywhere. Some people swear MH is hotter than HPS but I'm def seeing a 5 degree increase. Unfortunately before I was already at the threshold of 84 so I've got to figure out how to get it back down again. In the meantime hopefully running it at 250 vs 400 will be enough to lower it. I didnt have time to confirm it and won't be able to check for 4hrs. I've heard 90 degrees won't kill them though so I'm sure they'll be ok until I get home.

Now the problem is if its not a leak and it is the light my options are limited. I will either have to move the tent from under my stairs into a spare bedroom (which means it wont be very stealth anymore) or get a larger fan to exhaust the air from under my stairs (need to spend at least $20) or upgrade from a 4in booster intake to a 6in booster intake where I'll need to spend $20 to buy 2 reducers so my 6in booster fan fits my ducting.

Do you think it's worth the effort of running 400 vs 250? Because I'm pretty sure it will stay under 85 running it at 250. I could even add a few t12's for a littler extra wattage.

This will be my only grow in this tent with this light. My next grow I will be upgrading to a 4x4 tent in which case temps won't be nearly as big of an issue.

MH is a little hotter than HPS. In reality they both burn above 390'F, which is damn hot, either way.

A little closer to the canopy, 250w will garnish your plants with nearly as much light 400; say, 18 inches away rather than 24; and that's viable as it produces less heat than 400w.

400w/m2 is the Amsterdam standard rule of thumb by the way.

:Namaste:

MH is a little hotter than HPS. In reality they both burn above 390'F, which is damn hot, either way.

A little closer to the canopy, 250w will garnish your plants with nearly as much light 400; say, 18 inches away rather than 24; and that's viable as it produces less heat than 400w.

400w/m2 is the Amsterdam standard rule of thumb by the way.

:Namaste:

Thanks Barney! That's what I was thinking as well. I know ideally the more watts the better but id rather have less light and lower temps vs more light and high temps.

I've read similar findings on MH being hotter than HPS so I'm confused. Is it maybe my bulb? I'm definitely seeing at least a 5 degree temp spike with the HPS vs the MH.

if your temperatures are still acceptable i would definitely run your ballast at 400 watts.

Thanks John! Unfortunately my temps spiked to 89 at 400watts on my 600watt light so I had to drop it down to 250watts. Ill know in a hour whether this lowers it enough.

If 250watts is still too hot do you guys think I'd be ok to go back to MH for the next 2 weeks until I can move the tent into a spare bedroom? I'm at about day 35 right now.

Thanks Barney! That's what I was thinking as well. I know ideally the more watts the better but id rather have less light and lower temps vs more light and high temps.

I've read similar findings on MH being hotter than HPS so I'm confused. Is it maybe my bulb? I'm definitely seeing at least a 5 degree temp spike with the HPS vs the MH.

That's odd, but hey, I haven't tested it myself. I think running the same test day after day and at the same time of day is the only way you'll get conclusive results on that one :peace:

That's odd, but hey, I haven't tested it myself. I think running the same test day after day and at the same time of day is the only way you'll get conclusive results on that one :peace:

My temps have been very consistent until I changed the bulb so I have to believe its the cause of the temp increase.

I find it very odd that some people are getting hotter MH and some people getting hotter HPS. I wonder if its specific to the brand that determines the temp. Maybe the more expensive the bulb the lower the temp?

Well just got done checking on them and the temp was 87 running the light at 250w :(

I did move my intake duct into my bedroom. I still can't believe the temp difference on the HPS and the MH. How long can I use MH before I have to switch to HPS?

I think I'm going to try and switch back to the MH for the next 2 weeks. Otherwise Im going to move the tent to another room.

I decided to move my tent from underneath the stairs to a spare bedroom in my basement instead. Hoping heat will not be an issue anymore. I have the exhaust going straight into the room but its much larger and has AC. If I have to I can vent out a window but then ill have to build a stealth window box. So far the temps are right at 80 with the light at 600watts. Finally I'm able to run my light to the max and hopefully get the best bang for my buck.

Back
Top Bottom