MrRobert420's LP Aeroponics - DWC - LED - SCROG - 2 Hindu Skunk

personally,sometimes I do sometimes I dont,I cant taste the difference,but my people say they can,blind testing proved false to them
what they thought was flushed wasn't and what they thought wasn't,was.

if/when I do its for about 4 days,with water growing it is instant,meaning there is no media buffering,In soil(where is more picky about it)
about 7 days,just because the roots aren't free flowing
in soil I never ph my flush water either,plants can always drink,they just cant eat.

personally,sometimes I do sometimes I dont,I cant taste the difference,but my people say they can,blind testing proved false to them
what they thought was flushed wasn't and what they thought wasn't,was.

if/when I do its for about 4 days,with water growing it is instant,meaning there is no media buffering,In soil(where is more picky about it)
about 7 days,just because the roots aren't free flowing
in soil I never ph my flush water either,plants can always drink,they just cant eat.

more and more people are telling me the flush doesnt matter much.... i am finding a pattern to this......hmm;.......

its a preference man,its all it is

Now dont get me wrong,if you feed your plant 3000 ppm all the way through life,I believe that you can taste a nutrient,but at the levels I/Most people grow at I dont taste it

back in the 80's I never flushed,in the early 90 I didnt flush,when i stated again in 07 I started to flush,NOW im just lazy lmfao

im not a connoisseur,by any means, weed has always been 2 categories for me--works--dont work.

I have sampled 40 different species this year,of both flower and wax,the only thing that has stood out is stuff that is grown organically
not that it was better/stronger just had a earthy taste.

I have harvested both non flushed and properly flushed cannabis. There is no caparison that is better illustrated than a non flushed bud that crackles and send out sparks when it burns, irritates your throat and makes any prescription amount impossible to consume due to the harsh smoke that is damaging to the lungs. I will never by choice harvest a cannabis plant that has not been properly flushed!

I have harvested both non flushed and properly flushed cannabis. There is no caparison that is better illustrated than a non flushed bud that crackles and send out sparks when it burns, irritates your throat and makes any prescription amount impossible to consume due to the harsh smoke that is damaging to the lungs. I will never by choice harvest a cannabis plant that has not been properly flushed!

Thanks kingjohn I will be doing a flush as I experienced a slight amount of what your talking about on a plant in my second grow. What's your recommendation of length for a good flush. I want everyone's opinion of flush lengths preferred.

Thanks kingjohn I will be doing a flush as I experienced a slight amount of what your talking about on a plant in my second grow. What's your recommendation of length for a good flush. I want everyone's opinion of flush lengths preferred.

I believe that the depending on the nutrient source and the medium used the proper length of time to harvest flush is

1. 4-7 days for Aeroponics/Hydroponics
  2. 7-10 days soiless (peat moss and coco coir)
  3. 10-14 days soil

The Capn was teaching me that there's no need to go longer than 5 days with "decreased PPM" opposed to straight RO. He would cut PPM down from 100% (his strength) down to about 25% of that figure (i.e. 1,000 PPM > 250 PPM). My last harvest I was just using RO and for a few more days than those 5 he suggested (I'm hard headed) as I wanted the least amount of salt/water ratio in the cells when harvested and dried. I am of the KJC train of thought on this one. IMO (still learning what my opinion is), the more of the built up elements in the plant tissue I can force her to consume, the better quality my end product will be, but that still remains to be seen for me.

how does an outdoor plant get flushed??3x pot size(the earth)= a shit ton of water:cheesygrinsmiley: or a guy in rdwc with 2 different flowering times.?

I do agree with the king that snap crackle and pop does occur,It doesnt seem to with mine,could be the lowppm?? wait till ya pay 400 a zip from a store and it is like fireworks,I almost drove 6 hours back.

Sky-you brought up what I guess I have forgotten,I checked my notes,my last 10 days with the croutons,I do drop down to 250ppm and IF i am vigilant,it goes to 0 last 4-5 days,some times yes,sometimes no.

interesting discussion,hope to get a few more opinions on this.

ok sweet so with my set up i should not need ANY longer than 7 days - even at the most aggressive flush........ Good to know - I guess ill wait till my trichs are closer 30% amber and then flush for a good 4-7 days. I like couch lock to the max............ Just a waste for me otherwise.

I also have been told not to go all the way to 0 ppm - to leave a good 25% during flush

how does an outdoor plant get flushed??3x pot size(the earth)= a shit ton of water:cheesygrinsmiley: or a guy in rdwc with 2 different flowering times.?

I do agree with the king that snap crackle and pop does occur,It doesnt seem to with mine,could be the lowppm?? wait till ya pay 400 a zip from a store and it is like fireworks,I almost drove 6 hours back.

Sky-you brought up what I guess I have forgotten,I checked my notes,my last 10 days with the croutons,I do drop down to 250ppm and IF i am vigilant,it goes to 0 last 4-5 days,some times yes,sometimes no.

interesting discussion,hope to get a few more opinions on this.

With outdoor plants that are rooted in the ground that have been fed organic nutrients only watering with water for the flush period is required to harvest flush a cannabis plant.

ok sweet so with my set up i should not need ANY longer than 7 days - even at the most aggressive flush........ Good to know - I guess ill wait till my trichs are closer 30% amber and then flush for a good 4-7 days. I like couch lock to the max............ Just a waste for me otherwise.

I also have been told not to go all the way to 0 ppm - to leave a good 25% during flush

A higher ppm of nutrients can be pulled from the plant with a low ppm solution then a 0 ppm solution and is often why a harvest flush agent is used.

Here is a recipe for a home made Clearex Flushing Solution

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Coloring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

thanks king john - nice home made mix :)

OMG....... 55 days and still growing - guess these plants want to goo allllll the way to the end..............

>>>A higher ppm of nutrients can be pulled from the plant with a low ppm solution then a 0 ppm solution and is often why a harvest flush agent is used.

What evidence do you have of this?

Osmotic pressure

"Osmotic pressure is the minimum pressure which needs to be applied to a solution to prevent the inward flow of water across a semipermeable membrane.[1] It is also defined as the measure of the tendency of a solution to take in water by osmosis.

The phenomenon of osmotic pressure arises from the tendency of a pure solvent to move through a semi-permeable membrane and into a solution containing a solute to which the membrane is impermeable. This process is of vital importance in biology as the cell's membrane is selective toward many of the solutes found in living organisms.

In order to visualize this effect, imagine a U-shaped clear tube with equal amounts of water on each side, separated by a membrane at its base that is impermeable to sugar molecules (made from dialysis tubing). Sugar has been added to the water on one side. The height of the water on each side will change proportionally to the pressure of the solutions. Osmotic pressure causes the height of the water in the compartment containing the sugar to rise, due to movement of the pure water from the compartment without sugar into the compartment containing the sugar water. This process will stop once the pressures of the water and sugar water toward both sides of the membrane become equal (see osmosis).

Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff first proposed a formula for calculating the osmotic pressure, but this was later improved upon by Harmon Northrop Morse"

https://en.wikipedia.org Osmotic pressure

Update time for Hindu Skunk Flower Day 56

and the swell is on - This has been a great week of growth - recovery behind her now and she is swelling like i want - Dont think she will top my right cabinet yield wise but this will be some nice smoke none the less... I cant wait to grow my two clones i have of her as she was not grown to her full potential :)

here are the pics ;)
IMG_121214.JPG
IMG_121324.JPG
IMG_121420.JPG
IMG_121519.JPG
IMG_121628.JPG
IMG_121719.JPG
IMG_121818.JPG
IMG_121923.JPG
IMG_122025.JPG

She still looks hell'a'good even if she don't stack up against the other closet. Can't wait to see the H/SK in the tent!

She still looks hell'a'good even if she don't stack up against the other closet. Can't wait to see the H/SK in the tent!

Thanks skybound - its amazing what differance HPS in the first three weeks of stretch makes lol - would not have these colas growing like this without your help :)

The HPS change over has been the best decision i ever made lol.....

Awesome!!! There is those buds i was waiting for! BEAUTIFUL! :yummy: I knew they would start stacking on the weight and swelling. Just think you wanted to flush those girls already! Glad you are waiting! They still have some growing to do. None of the pistils are even turning yet are they? They still have a couple weeks. How are the trichs looking?

Awesome!!! There is those buds i was waiting for! BEAUTIFUL! :yummy: I knew they would start stacking on the weight and swelling. Just think you wanted to flush those girls already! Glad you are waiting! They still have some growing to do. None of the pistils are even turning yet are they? They still have a couple weeks. How are the trichs looking?

could not have been more spot on - probly would have come to the same conculsion but im glad you didnt let me risk it hahaha..
pistols showed signs of turning last night but barely - I dont think im flushing for another 7-10 days at least

I would say there are about 5% amber trichs :) so were still plenty good - I LOVE me some couch lock - Dont want anything else lol

Haha, I actually like more of a head high as im always doing things when I medicate. Dont get me wrong though a good couch lock is nice also! My LSD is going all the way to at least 30% amber so i will have some couch lock medicine!

Also make sure you are checking the buds for trichs and not those sugar leaves. I panicked on my first grow when i saw amber all on the sugar leaves lol... After inspection the buds and most of the trichs were still cloudy trichs.

P.S. how are you checking them? Since using my HPS its almost impossible to tell trich ripeness with it on! Are you turning your lights off? I need to find a better system for checking them myself now that i have my HPS

Back
Top Bottom