MrRobert420's LP Aeroponics - DWC - LED - SCROG - 2 Hindu Skunk

The longest I've 'seen" people go w/o power here is about 3-4 days, but that was in rural areas after a major storm that dropped quite a few trees and snapped power lines. I don't think I've ever experienced a brown out yet, knock on wood. If I ever did get one, and was in flower, I'd use flash lights to try and minimize the shock till lights were back on. But realistically, I think most of our grows are invested into the belief that the lights and power stays on.

I agree with you.

And it does for you know, 99.5% of the time, at least where i am. The 0.5% is the weather, or external factors that can contribute to power outages. For me, the only time i have lost power this year, was a scheduled power outage in my apartment building for some electrical upgrades to the power substation nearby. Lucky for me it was during lights out. I just needed to grab a couple cheap battery powered air pumps to keep my roots from drowning, which i had plenty of time prior to the outage to get it, since all the residents were pre-warned.

awesome right up guys!!! - I do totally agree - although mt res is sealed and outside of the tent and i do have a water liner down i would not like to have a flooded tent lol - i guess i was more directly comparing my set ups with each other....... I have to do multiple water changes and turn more equipement on and off in doing so that there is a higher chance of me (user error)not turning something back on ETC.

I agree it doesnt get anymore fool proof than capn set up, I guess if the ebb and flow makes me hate my life i will switch hahaha hahaha - I just like simplicity of what im doing now (Filling one 55 gallon drum and done) in comparison to my cabinets (mutiple water changes and equipment to start and stop) but it could just be personal preference also lol................

one cant argue the simplicity of capn's setup

UPDATE TIME!

one quick thing - 10x10 tent has its own journal now :) please sub for those updates here -------- Mrrobert420's 10x10 Grow Tent - Multiple strains - Perpetual 12/03/2014

Were getting close - probly about 2-3 weeks from the chop - gonna start flushing at the end of this week - Have not checked trics yet - plan on doing that this evening :)

Hindu Skunk - Flower day 43 - Bouncing back nicely from the ventilation and insulation issue - lost about 3-4 cola on the back right side from the heat but the middle front and left are happy right now.

IMG_113824.JPG
IMG_114621.JPG
IMG_114422.JPG
IMG_114321.JPG
IMG_114517.JPG
IMG_114121.JPG
IMG_114222.JPG
IMG_114816.JPG

Those girls still have a long ways to go!! I wouldnt start flushing yet. The pistols havent even turned yet. I would wait till at least day 60 or so to flush... Looks like they have a lot of filling in still yet to do. Those buds will swell the most in the last 2 weeks. You dont want to starve them the time they need it the most!

They are looking wonderful. Those buds will get 2-3 times that big if you let em go.

Those girls still have a long ways to go!! I wouldnt start flushing yet. The pistols havent even turned yet. I would wait till at least day 60 or so to flush... Looks like they have a lot of filling in still yet to do. Those buds will swell the most in the last 2 weeks. You dont want to starve them the time they need it the most!

They are looking wonderful. Those buds will get 2-3 times that big if you let em go.

The strain flowering time shows 50 - 65 days - The nugs look they are not even close -

Do you recommend just blowing their time frames off and going by nug appearance and tric color only?

My last 2 grows needed to be chopped quicker than thought and only got about a week of flush - i want to flush these a whole two weeks this time.

this is the math going on in my head

day 43 + another 7 days + 14 flush = 57 days

Now i know technically flower time doesnt not start until preflowers start showing which was about 7 days after the flip

so maybe subtract 7 to thats............ 50.....................

ok nvm i worked it out myself - ok seems like i wont start flush for another 2 weeks maybe more depending............. Didnt account for the flower delay - couldnt figure out why i wasnt seeing the maturity yet lol

let me know if im on the wrong path still hahah

I'm still in that learning curve myself, so don't take this as fact, but I was being taught that our gals keep putting on mass right up till the bitter end so extended flushes might stifle her final efforts of swelling and tric production, especially if started too soon.

I wouldnt worry to much about the flush to be honest. The main thing is taking your girls all the way up to that peak ripeness so you get the full potential and flavor out of the strain. May i ask why do you want to flush for 2 weeks in hydro? In my limited experience you would just starve the girls for unnecessary time. The same thing i did in my last soil grow with my papayas. If you look at my journal and time line it only took 5-6 days for my grow to really turn in a bad direction once i flushed which caused me to harvest a week earlier than i wanted. I was feeding with 1500 ppm and then did my flush and in 7 days every fan leaf was either dying or yellowing off. It was even affecting my sugar leaves on my buds so thats why i decided to take them when i did.

I have mixed feelings about the flush as i always cut some sample buds off as im getting closer and they NEVER are flushed and after a 4 day quick dry they taste and smoke the same as the flushed ones at the same time line. Remember for them to finish up and swell it takes energy which needs light and nutes!

Next grow im going to feed and keep my girls healthy all the way until im ready for harvest and then ill start my flush and take them when ever i start to see them fall off. This is my plan on my LSD grow.

Just giving you my limited experience thoughts! You have to try out things and see what works the best for you! Good luck brother!

I'm still in that learning curve myself, so don't take this as fact, but I was being taught that our gals keep putting on mass right up till the bitter end so extended flushes might stifle her final efforts of swelling and tric production, especially if started too soon.

Wow this all new information to me - No one I know would recommend not flushing while using chemical nutes...........I may try this........... I see what you are saying it makes sense. Ill let them go for a while then

I wouldnt worry to much about the flush to be honest. The main thing is taking your girls all the way up to that peak ripeness so you get the full potential and flavor out of the strain. May i ask why do you want to flush for 2 weeks in hydro? In my limited experience you would just starve the girls for unnecessary time. The same thing i did in my last soil grow with my papayas. If you look at my journal and time line it only took 5-6 days for my grow to really turn in a bad direction once i flushed which caused me to harvest a week earlier than i wanted. I was feeding with 1500 ppm and then did my flush and in 7 days every fan leaf was either dying or yellowing off. It was even affecting my sugar leaves on my buds so thats why i decided to take them when i did.

I have mixed feelings about the flush as i always cut some sample buds off as im getting closer and they NEVER are flushed and after a 4 day quick dry they taste and smoke the same as the flushed ones at the same time line. Remember for them to finish up and swell it takes energy which needs light and nutes!

Next grow im going to feed and keep my girls healthy all the way until im ready for harvest and then ill start my flush and take them when ever i start to see them fall off. This is my plan on my LSD grow.

Just giving you my limited experience thoughts! You have to try out things and see what works the best for you! Good luck brother!

ok guys i feel ya - I feels ya - i have not been steered wrong yet - so for sure ill let them go another three weeks minimum before i flush - I like my weed as COUCH LOCK as possible so i guess it wouldnt hurt......... Soooo hard not to want to cut them down hahaha......... Been out of my own smoke for like a month - Clinic meds gets expensive lol

flowering time is a suggestion,from the breeders. most are spot on,but always use your personal judgment.

have had 80 day strains do 100 and 100 day strains do 80.

haha i know what you mean! You know how this hobby goes... Patience is the hardest part =) I was down to my last bud from my first papayas when i harvested the second run! At 4 times the weight i think i will be good until my LSD come off now LOL... I would love to freeze a zip from every strain so i can enjoy many different strains down the road haha!

haha i know what you mean! You know how this hobby goes... Patience is the hardest part =) I was down to my last bud from my first papayas when i harvested the second run! At 4 times the weight i think i will be good until my LSD come off now LOL... I would love to freeze a zip from every strain so i can enjoy many different strains down the road haha!

Yea i am going to assume that the wait is easier once you are stocked up - maybe another month and i can start that cycle - I too am expecting at least 4x my last harvest which was only 3 ounces hahaha............

Wow MrRobert, so you just let the LED light hang down for side lighting and use the HPS cooltube up top? I gotta admit, your buds are looking very nice size wise for only 42 or so days in. I'd like to try something similar but I wanna get the right setup first.
I would love to have a 8x8 or maybe a 10x10 tent like you have, and stagger the LED light with HPS, two of each lights. The plants would love the all the spectrum's and intentisy from both types of lights, I'm sure.
Looking awesome man.
Cheers.

Great idea stealth, I think this would work well. Max penetration, broader spectrums and less power consumption. Perhaps a short light mover would add potential to this combo as permanent shaded spots would no longer apply making for much better and fuller coverage. Shit, I'd even bet just a mover per LED panel would substantially increase an LED's potential in plant yields. Imagine if your panel was constantly repositioning all around that mystery sativa?

Definitely wait on the flush!!

by judging the amount of new pistils on that plant, I personally would continue to feed it for at least 3 weeks before doing a 5-7 day flush with pH balanced water only. Maybe even longer than that before flushing. My pistils on my white widow changed from white to dark orange and the plant wasn't ready for harvest for almost 5 weeks after that! So keep an eye on your pistils, and when they all have changed colour, thats when you know your plant is starting to come into the harvesting window. This is when you will want to check the trichomes with a jewelers loupe every few days until the plant is done to your liking!

If you like your couch lock weed, let that girl ride, she'll reward you with some dank ass buds!

Wow MrRobert, so you just let the LED light hang down for side lighting and use the HPS cooltube up top? I gotta admit, your buds are looking very nice size wise for only 42 or so days in. I'd like to try something similar but I wanna get the right setup first.
I would love to have a 8x8 or maybe a 10x10 tent like you have, and stagger the LED light with HPS, two of each lights. The plants would love the all the spectrum's and intentisy from both types of lights, I'm sure.
Looking awesome man.
Cheers.

Yes i agree, thank you - I am happy with the combo i have right now - this will be the last flower in these superclosets and after they will keep only a 600MH - The KIND LED panels are going to in the 10x10 tent for flowering! Cant wait to see that Purple Hue balseted on those reflective walls - I love the LOOK of the LEDs lol

Great idea stealth, I think this would work well. Max penetration, broader spectrums and less power consumption. Perhaps a short light mover would add potential to this combo as permanent shaded spots would no longer apply making for much better and fuller coverage. Shit, I'd even bet just a mover per LED panel would substantially increase an LED's potential in plant yields. Imagine if your panel was constantly repositioning all around that mystery sativa?

light mover sounds like a good idea - especially if your underpowered on LEDs

Definitely wait on the flush!!

by judging the amount of new pistils on that plant, I personally would continue to feed it for at least 3 weeks before doing a 5-7 day flush with pH balanced water only. Maybe even longer than that before flushing. My pistils on my white widow changed from white to dark orange and the plant wasn't ready for harvest for almost 5 weeks after that! So keep an eye on your pistils, and when they all have changed colour, thats when you know your plant is starting to come into the harvesting window. This is when you will want to check the trichomes with a jewelers loupe every few days until the plant is done to your liking!

If you like your couch lock weed, let that girl ride, she'll reward you with some dank ass buds!

Sweet, thanks for the re-enforcement - looks like no smoke for xmas - maybe new years lol - Hey, but my yield is gonna triple so im happy no the less........ I do LOVE me some couch lock so like you said ride it out we shall!

I noticed a few hairs turning orange last night but nothing to go start flushing yet.......

there is ZERO need for ph'ing the flush water

ph only needs to be in range,when there is a nutrient solution,so the plants can eat

but with straight water flush? there is no need to make it any range,plants drink water at any ph range,they just dont/cant eat nutrients.

there is ZERO need for ph'ing the flush water

ph only needs to be in range,when there is a nutrient solution,so the plants can eat

but with straight water flush? there is no need to make it any range,plants drink water at any ph range,they just dont/cant eat nutrients.

Good! thats i have been doing - nice to hear its not wrong!!!

what your opinion on the length of a good flush in hydro? might as well ask everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom