Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

2010-02-14_04.jpg

this pict looks like it was dusted w/ snow. Unreal!!

this pict looks like it was dusted w/ snow. Unreal!!

I think it has more to do with the light reflecting off the leaves. The crystals are there though!

New pics. We are now at flowering day 60! Three days into the new nutrients and already used 2 gallons of water and the girls are still sucking down the nutes! Checked a small sample under the microscope and I'm seeing maybe 5 - 10 % amber, 25 - 30 % cloudy and the rest clear. On the underside of the leaf tip, the trichs are almost all clear.

Noticed something interesting in the tent today. The buds closest to the center and the light now have the top sets of leaves pointing up to the sky. Not sure why though I have my theories. I figure the calyxes on these have gotten big enough to push the leaves up. Or maybe it is a reaction of the bud to cut the amount of light they get as the buds need less light but the artificial conditions continue to give them the same intense 12 hours of light. You can see what I mean in the pictures. Anyone else have some insight as to what's happening?

2010-02-16_01.jpg

2010-02-16_02.jpg

2010-02-16_03.jpg

2010-02-16_04.jpg

2010-02-16_05.jpg

2010-02-16_06.jpg

2010-02-16_07.jpg

2010-02-16_08.jpg

I've no idea about that growth pattern munki but it sure makes them look even more healthy (if that were possible).

Maybe it is because I'm a bit :smokin: or :loopy: but I just had an idea that I wanted to poll the audience. Don't know how to start a poll at this point without asking a moderator so I guess just post your thoughts as usual.

It started while thinking about the plants harvest and also how I would photograph them. I would be cutting the screen out from the frame and the plants from each other then work on each outside the tent. But then it dawned on me that the frame is already loose from the base at this point and may be no longer necessary.

So the question I had was if I should just remove the frame now and ultimately release the Bubba from its Bondage! This could allow me to move it around some and get the plants some new light exposures. I figure the branches are strong enough. Just need to ensure that the plants will balance on there own with out the outside frame support.

So, good idea or stupid risk ?

I say release those ladies munki.... its clear they dont need that screen anymore... as long as you have more room to raise the light in anticipation of extra growth you should be fine... :grinjoint:

Height is no issue for me at this stage. I could go up probably another foot with the lamp.

First off..HOLY SH*T!! those leafs are fighting to go up. As you stated that they are feeding more, they are feeding more on lumens as well. The plumpling is about to really begin. From what the trich count sounds like you got another week to 10 days.. Bubba is a 9 -10 week strain. And hows the thickness of those fan leafs. From the picts they look (((THICK))). And yes I would have to say your correct about the swollen calyx. That defietly has to play a part of those leafs reaching. This is just my opinion though. Great work. I look forward to seeing your picts. Oh and as far as releasing them, if you choose to do so, just make sure you have a backup plan. Which I'm sure you do already.

I have found from Lilbit that sure when you release them they will start reaching again and undoing some of the bend you put in, but if you look at Lilbit her one donkey kong bud is one I released as a test. They don't jump right up and they never completely fix the bend, they will just pull a bit closer together, not alot and grow upward. I vote release them if you think you have the headroom. Seems like donkey kong bud is larger than it would of been otherwise.

Next grow, I am gonna rotate my 3 ladies under the HPS daily so they all share in it's goodness and benefit from that day of being surrounded by lights.

:peace: brother.

Thanks for the input so far. Still listening for more posts as I cannot access the tent for several more hours.

Nice job munks, its getting more and more dense by the friggin day bro...

:goodjob::thumb:

+rep

Release them - I did toward the end of my grow and was very happy with the result. You can tie things up / down to maintain some of the shape if it starts to shift around too much.

It has been done. The Bubba Sisters have been released from their bondage!

I switched the plant positions and rotated them a bit. Both plants were very balanced. No worries about them tipping at all. The new positioning have buds that were on the fringe now getting direct light in the middle.

2010-02-17_01.jpg

2010-02-17_02.jpg

2010-02-17_03.jpg

2010-02-17_04.jpg

2010-02-17_05.jpg

2010-02-17_06.jpg

2010-02-17_07.jpg

2010-02-17_08.jpg

2010-02-17_09.jpg

2010-02-17_10.jpg

They look fantastic! Cant wait for a smoke report., Question, what is the purpose of removing the screen?

2010-02-17_10.jpg

Those ginormous leaves are my favorite. Good job as always dude! Your grows are inspirational, and you've been one of my many sources of knowledge.

+rep

They look fantastic! Cant wait for a smoke report., Question, what is the purpose of removing the screen?
damn munki, they are looking amazing...what made you decide to take the screen out?

Well, it gave me the opportunity to expose different parts of the plants to the center of the lamp. Buds that only got light on the fringe now are front and center. The former middle is now found to the edges so they can think that the light is getting dimmer and maybe time to finish.

The netting is still in each plant. I only removed the frame and cut the plants apart.

Those ginormous leaves are my favorite. Good job as always dude! Your grows are inspirational, and you've been one of my many sources of knowledge.

+rep

Thanks Afka. They are thick and very rough with all those microscopic hairs on them.

Back
Top Bottom