Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

Looks like you are getting very close, great job buds are looking wonderful as usual. + rep

OK, we are at flowering day 58. On RO water only and added 2 gallons today. It is flushing out something as the water is tinted and read a TDS level at ten times the RO TDS base level (10 - 100 PPM). I'm not adjusting pH so it is at 7.4 after the water addback.

The resin is cloudy with maybe 5 % amber on the left and maybe 50 % clear on the right plant. From this, I will delay harvest 1 week. They are swelling still.

2009-10-02_01.jpg

2009-10-02_02.jpg

2009-10-02_03.jpg

2009-10-02_04.jpg

2009-10-02_05.jpg

2009-10-02_06.jpg

2009-10-02_07.jpg

2009-10-02_08.jpg

2009-10-02_09.jpg

2009-10-02_10.jpg

2009-10-02_11.jpg

2009-10-02_12.jpg

I was just wondering why you didnt readjust the ph so it was back at a normal level. I am doing a hydro grow right now and I was curious why you did this.

I'm new to growing and could use some help. My closet is about 10x4, I have a 400 watt light and plan on growing from seed. I can legally grow up to 12 plants. My lil 1's just sprouted I keep the light about 18-24 inches above-em. is that to close. I plan on using soil, what type of nutrients should I use, most of the time I use mericale grow on my tamaters, corn,peppers and such but what's the best for weed. I just want to twist up some bomb shit in a couple months if u know what I mean. Can any of you vets help a rookie out... Thanks 4 ur support

:rollit::peace:

I'm new to growing and could use some help. My closet is about 10x4, I have a 400 watt light and plan on growing from seed. I can legally grow up to 12 plants. My lil 1's just sprouted I keep the light about 18-24 inches above-em. is that to close. I just want to twist up some bomb shit in a couple months if u know what I mean. Can any of you vets help a rookie out... Thanks 4 ur support. oh and how do I post my own treads

Hey Munki, great journal lots of pics. Looks like a really good yield from 2 plants. Well done.
I'm on the way to flowering my first scrog, 4 plants and I'm beginning to question whether my little closet screen
(20x28 inch) is gonna do the job. I'm only using 90w LED in soil so I might be ok.
Inspiring grow buddy.
reps and thread rating earned here for sure.

@ Wicked: pH is adjusted for nutrient solutions in order to keep all the nutrients dissolved and available to the roots for absorption. I'm not too worried about the plants absorbing nutes anymore, so I don't adjust the pH. Really, adjusting pH is done by adding nutrients (pH down is phosphoric acid, a source of P while pH up is potassium hydroxide, a source of K). My goal now was to flush, so nutrient absorption isn't the primary goal.

Now, I did read something recently that Calcium cannot be transported within the plant, so the plant needs to get it from the root zone constantly. So, for flushing, using water with a fair amount of calcium would be advisable of RO water. I used tap water that had sat out overnight to offgas the dissolved chlorine the municipal water source adds.

I'm new to growing and could use some help. My closet is about 10x4, I have a 400 watt light and plan on growing from seed. I can legally grow up to 12 plants. My lil 1's just sprouted I keep the light about 18-24 inches above-em. is that to close. I just want to twist up some bomb shit in a couple months if u know what I mean. Can any of you vets help a rookie out... Thanks 4 ur support. oh and how do I post my own treads

I hear ya and welcome to 420 magazine. It would be tough for me to answer all your questions here, so I support you starting your own thread and we all answer the question in that thread. So, here is a link to the FAQ for doing things in this forum. Look at the "Sticky" ones. Man, that is such an appropriate name for our favorite plants! ;)

Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine

Hey Munki, great journal lots of pics. Looks like a really good yield from 2 plants. Well done.
I'm on the way to flowering my first scrog, 4 plants and I'm beginning to question whether my little closet screen
(20x28 inch) is gonna do the job. I'm only using 90w LED in soil so I might be ok.
Inspiring grow buddy.
reps and thread rating earned here for sure.

Does not sound like there is much room for the plants to spread out. One plant should cover that screen fine. Don't know what will happen when only using an LED for flowering. Do put this in a grow journal. Gettting the LEDs very close to the canopy would seem to be the goal. I imagine if the light array was put on some kind of light mover that it would help but I don't know for sure. LED grows are still pretty new.

Just an FYI, I am planning on doing a 48 hour dark period before harvest, so I will need to unplug my lamp before it comes on at 8PM. I'm also planning on disabling the pump too so they won't get any water the next two days either. Can anyone give me a compelling reason not to do this?

my buddy does a 3 day dark period, he says its a night and day difference between the two and 3 day dark periods

He would seem to be the only one. Most things I have read state 24 to 48 hours. No matter as Sunday will be chop day. I won't be able to harvest during the week.

reality always bends plans to its will.

True. I have been fortunate as I haven't had my plans and reality clash much this grow. A couple of factors (thrips cumulative damage and pH dropping in rez even when only adding water for 5 days straight) had me decide that now is the best time. Oh, since I have had these ladies essentially in bondage with the ScrOG, it does seem appropriate to comeplete at 9 1/2 WEEKS :hmmmm: :biglaugh:

hahaha right. yeah idk i was just throwing that out there. obiviously you have your plan either way.

buds are looking delicious man.

cant wait for my white widow to get here..

Schweet. Your skills have come a long way over the summer. Keep up the good work Weedy.

Helluva job Munki. U still dealing with the thrips?

I decided to live with them and their damage rather than add anything to fight them. Didn't want to deal with any side effects from treatments. If I had them earlier in the grow, I would have done something, but I was too far into flowering for my comfort.

Back
Top Bottom