Mushroom grow

Started from spores, a week or so ago, are Jedi Mind Fuck and Angkor Wat. I'll keep this posted best I can. Spawn media is cattle corn, gypsum, and spent coffee, pressure sterilized. Substrate is going to be loose coco coir.

17014492761295851212595625888613.jpg

I do intend to make this a diary/journal. As such, here's a bit of an update.
Four of the six jars are showing signs of wet rot near the bottoms of the jars. The two remaining jars, both of the "Ankor Wat" variety, are fully colonized and look healthy. While I mull over my options for the jars with wet rot, I have some coco coir at field capacity in covered turkey pans in my oven pasteurizing. Once that's done, the sun still won't be up, because I'm between 43 and 44 parallel, and it's only quarter to six here, the sun won't be up till after 7. Anywho, I plan to mix the spawn to bulk at a 1:1 ratio (by volume). The tubs I'm using are ~20L tubs, and I've not modified them in any way. I'll be making more updates as more things are happening, but so far the going has been slow.

Who else is looking forward to the days getting longer again, after the Solstice? Happy Holidays!

EDIT: Just took the pans of coir out the oven, and I was right, the sun ain't up yet. Is beautifully foggy outside, and 35degF. Can't even see the other side the river I live right by.

Back
Top Bottom