Angkor Wat Mushroom Grow

Maybe thats why my shrooms are lacking in size. Don't get me wrong.....I get good flushes but the size of the mushrooms are small to sometimes medium.
I may be wrong about this but I done heard through the grapevine that when a mushroom is super tiny before it gets big it has all the psilocybin it's going to have, and from there it just gets distributed throughout the big mushroom as it grows. Ergo, little mushroom has as much psilocybin as a big mushroom. It would be a worthwhile experiment to find out for sure. There's some wisdom to be had here though: don't judge a mushy by its size LOL 😂
I found out the fun way that it's really hard to microdose with PE strain

I may be wrong about this but I done heard through the grapevine that when a mushroom is super tiny before it gets big it has all the psilocybin it's going to have, and from there it just gets distributed throughout the big mushroom as it grows. Ergo, little mushroom has as much psilocybin as a big mushroom. It would be a worthwhile experiment to find out for sure. There's some wisdom to be had here though: don't judge a mushy by its size LOL 😂
I found out the fun way that it's really hard to microdose with PE strain
Hey AscendedMasterKief

That's very interesting to know. Thanks for the info.

The grain colonies seem to be enjoying their new home!

IMG_20231219_163059.jpg

Do y'all think I should put a casing layer on? If so, should I simply oven-pasteurize more coco coir and use that?

Do y'all think I should put a casing layer on? If so, should I simply oven-pasteurize more coco coir and use that?
I would leave it be
I only put a thin casing layer when i mix the grain spawn with the substrate. That covers any grain on the surface to help hold in moisture and protect the grain from contaminates.

I would leave it be
I only put a thin casing layer when i mix the grain spawn with the substrate. That covers any grain on the surface to help hold in moisture and protect the grain from contaminates.
Makes sense. Thanks! I'll just let it be. An observation I noticed is that the one tub is colonizing really quickly. Coincidentally maybe, it's on the floor, which is kinda cooler temperature this time of year. The other tub is sitting on top of that one.

Tonight I looked in on the two tubs and they look pretty good I thought so I'm going to put these into vegetation soon or fruiting I can't think of the word. 😂:lot-o-toke:

IMG_20231224_185023.jpg

IMG_20231224_185016.jpg

I ought to note, that I haven't gotten rid of the jars of spawn that have wet rot in them yet. Instead, they've just been sitting around in a different room that my tubs. Anywho, I popped the tops on teh two jars of Jedi Mind F*** with wet rot, see if I can't get at least a few caps of JMF, see if it won't fruit right out the top of the jar. I'm not sure what exactly to expect with it, maybe the wet rot will take over the whole jars, maybe not. My hypothesis is that the mycelium will begin fruiting, and as the grain "cake" shrinks, the moisture at the bottom will start dry up, and other contamination will enter, unless I can harvest a few caps first.

I ought to note, that I haven't gotten rid of the jars of spawn that have wet rot in them yet. Instead, they've just been sitting around in a different room that my tubs. Anywho, I popped the tops on teh two jars of Jedi Mind F*** with wet rot, see if I can't get at least a few caps of JMF, see if it won't fruit right out the top of the jar. I'm not sure what exactly to expect with it, maybe the wet rot will take over the whole jars, maybe not. My hypothesis is that the mycelium will begin fruiting, and as the grain "cake" shrinks, the moisture at the bottom will start dry up, and other contamination will enter, unless I can harvest a few caps first.
I will be interested to see if it works. The first jars of birdseed grain I did were put in there too wet. I still have them sitting in a cabinet just to see if anything happens. Curiosity. LOL

How did the contents smell when you took the top off?

I will be interested to see if it works. The first jars of birdseed grain I did were put in there too wet. I still have them sitting in a cabinet just to see if anything happens. Curiosity. LOL

How did the contents smell when you took the top off?
The jar with more colonization smelled more mushroomy and earthy, but the one with less colonization was a little stinky and had some metabolite on top. I'll see if I can get a picture in a minute

IMG_20231225_051242.jpg

I still got to try and get a picture of the metabolite it's Crystal clear

Oops, I got drunk and stoned, woke up and went to work I'll have to try and get another picture when I get home LOL

Looking good, if you are not going to use it can you just dump it out outside in „the woods“ maybe it will grow naturally. I dont know what the weather is like there but here it would be ok it is not cold and it is wet.

Sounds like home. I needed a few hours of me time to recover from all of the family time. LOL

Hey, when you mix up your substrate, are you putting a thin layer of vermiculite or anything on the top?
Same, regarding me time 😂 I went fishing, at least. 45degF or so, despite it normally being -10 -- +20s

I did not put a layer on top I just mixed a quart of coco coir per quart of colonized grain.

Back
Top Bottom