My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

Do you know if they respond better to being topped or growing natural

It depends what you mean by respond. As a generality, high stress training such as topping and super cropping will slow down growth. But with that being said, once you top a plant it will slow down growth, but you have then created another pair of main stems which will then potentially double your output. Top those two growing tips and you've just potentially doubled your output again and so it goes.

The three different varieties present an interesting challenge for training.

The Quick One auto should be finished within about 60 days from now. The mystery indica didn't stretch much during flowering in my first grow, so I will let the branches grow reasonably tall through the scrog before flipping, whereas the WWXBB should at least double and I'd like all the colas to finish around the same height. The mystery Indica and the WWXBB will take about 7-9 weeks for flowering and I'm expecting to veg for 3 - 4 weeks.

So, I'll be expecting to harvest the Quick One in late March and the rest sometime between mid April to early May.

Ha ha fuckin ha. So much for the plans of mice and men. The quick one looks like she will just break the 100 day barrier, but her flowering has been super fast. She's on day 96 from sprouting and day 44 from start of flowering, but I've downward revised harvest day. I reckon only another week tops!

I'm gonna drag her out of the tent tomorrow for a photo shoot in real light, as opposed to the blue light disco of late and I'll also drag out WWXBB #3 to show how awesome she is. You'll see why I chose her to form the backbone of my next grow. I really wish I had popped the other WWXBB seed at the beginning instead of going with 3 of the mystery girl clones as they have taken up valuable space that could have been better utilised. Thank fuck the sad result of my first indoor grow wasn't down to pure buffoonery and incompetence alone.

I love Big bud genetics, im thinking of crossing it with Starkiller at some point.

Wish I could send you a clone of WWXBB #3 as she is truly awesome. Guess I have to get that silver thiosulphate happening. At least I can then send you some seeds.

I know customs can be rubbish, but a funny story comes to mind. I once sent my mother a joint in the mail from OZ as she said she wouldn't mind trying it one day. I was only 20 at the time so it was obviously hundreds of years ago. It was some of my home grown and I addressed it to Mrs Papadopouloloposis just in case. I received a birthday card with a changeable age on it set to 99. Inside, she wrote "If you want to live to 100, don't do stupid shit like that again." (But who listens to their mum? Stupid shit is what I do best! :) )

When I came to visit her a few years later, I asked whatever happened to it? She said I threw it away. Later that day, she threw it at me and said don't smoke it in the house. I took it outside and smoked it by the river and it was still an awesome smoke.

She was always too much of a pussy. I did, however, get her to try my cannabutter from the last grow for her diabetes, but she said she had paranoid dreams after a while and wouldn't have any more, (She would have no clue that paranoia is a potential side effect.) and said she felt strange after having it.

Rather than flush the auto, I gave her a final top up with nutes tonight and will just top up the res with water from now on and let her use what's in the res and the leaves until chop day.

So here is a pictorial update. It seems that I have been mis-stating their age as I just found out checking back at the beginning of the journal. It's a pity I found the HD button too late for the auto, but I did manage to get a few decent pics of WWXBB #3

Firstly, here is the Quick One Auto

Day 96
Day 38 Flowering

IMG_20170506_194623.jpg
IMG_20170506_194530.jpg
IMG_20170506_194447.jpg
IMG_20170506_194419.jpg
IMG_20170506_194409.jpg
IMG_20170506_194355.jpg
IMG_20170506_194343.jpg
IMG_20170506_194341.jpg
IMG_20170506_194331.jpg

I'd say about 4 weeks to go based on other WWXBB grows I've seen.

I just hope the clones I took off her last week all take. I've never tried taking flowering clones before, but I've heard they are less likely to take than when in veg.

Back
Top Bottom