LEDRF's White Widow x Big Bud & Incredible Bulk - Gavita & Apollo

re: LEDRF's White Widow x Big Bud & Incredible Bulk - Gavita & Apollo

I'm going to have to put these into 12/12 very soon. I wanted to let them grow until the autos are finished, but the regulars got to large, so I will have to finish the autos under 12/12, that or put up another one of my 600w hoods to give the regulars more room.

9-25-regu.jpg

Most of the regulars are about three feet tall now or close to it.

9-25-reg.jpg

I'm trying to let the autos flower a little longer before setting the room to 12/12, but the regulars are getting huge. They are growing everyday. I tried this new spray stuff that is supposed to quicken flowering and give biggar harvest. It is a hormone you spray on the plant. So far it seems to work. I bought it at Wilco.

I'm jealous of the amount of space you have for sure, subbed. On my thread we will get growing with some bb x ww on the 1st check it out. Should you trim your incredible bulk though? Looks troublesome with all the leaves.

I am going to lolly pop them even more once I take clones from them. I take clones from the bottom of the plant because it is branches I would throw away anyway.

I like to keep as many leaves on as possible, personally. If they block a bud site, I can just tuck it under like I do with autos. This causes no stress. But before flowering, I do take off a lot of leaves.

I'm trying to let the autos flower a little longer before setting the room to 12/12, but the regulars are getting huge. They are growing everyday. I tried this new spray stuff that is supposed to quicken flowering and give biggar harvest. It is a hormone you spray on the plant. So far it seems to work. I bought it at Wilco.

looks great . like a small sea of green..:bravo:

from what i have seen and experienced the time change wont hurt the autos . how long have they been going? some people swear by 12/12 with autos on another wanna be 420mag site that focuses on autos that i dont even post on anymore. i went with 20/4.

Subbed, front and center.

Looks like a great grow and set up.

Pros always make it look so easy. Lol

looks great . like a small sea of green..:bravo:

from what i have seen and experienced the time change wont hurt the autos . how long have they been going? some people swear by 12/12 with autos on another wanna be 420mag site that focuses on autos that i dont even post on anymore. i went with 20/4.

In the three years I have grown autos, I've tested many light hours. I found 18-6 to be the best from start to finish. However, I have a few times been forced to put my flowering autos into 12/12. I didn't notice a decrease in yield. However, when I start them in 12/12, I always get really small plants. Also, the type of light matters a lot. I found HPS to be the best, but t5 is great for the first few weeks.

Mandan, it isn't that hard once you get the basics down. My grow style with coco is really easy to mimic. The most important thing is your environment, more important than type of lights, medium, nutes, etc. Nutes are probably the least important thing.

I am presently working on a full video course on how I grow.

That gavita bulb is awesome, but it produces so much heat. You have to have this thing like 3 feet away from your plants, so I think I am going to try a light mover with it.

I bought the 6' light mover. It rocks. Plants are in a 6' flood tray. When the light is over a section of plants, the leaves get to 78 degrees. After the light moves away, the leaves drop to 74 degrees. So the light mover keeps the leaves from getting too hot. Also, this is with the 1000w Gavita DE at 100%, which puts out narley lux and par at two feet away, which is about where it's at. I need to measure. It might be closer.

10-6-c473.jpg

The regulars are on the right. I couldn't get them all in this pic as I also wanted to show the autos. Soon they will all have buds because the room is now 12/12.

I bought the 6' light mover. It rocks. Plants are in a 6' flood tray. When the light is over a section of plants, the leaves get to 78 degrees. After the light moves away, the leaves drop to 74 degrees. So the light mover keeps the leaves from getting too hot. Also, this is with the 1000w Gavita DE at 100%, which puts out narley lux and par at two feet away, which is about where it's at. I need to measure. It might be closer.

10-6-c473.jpg

The regulars are on the right. I couldn't get them all in this pic as I also wanted to show the autos. Soon they will all have buds because the room is now 12/12.

im shopping around looking at light movers myself.. does the one u bought have a delay/pause at the end of the track?

My first attempt at shader and pic updates.

10-17-shadder.jpg

10-17-regulars1.jpg

10-17-lollipop.jpg

This is how they look after I lollipop. They are super tall. Taller than me now. I have 9 foot tall ceilings and I had to raise my light up almost right flat against the light mover. I hope they don't grow into the light.

I vegged them too long. Next run, I will have to time things better. This is my first attempt at doing autos while regulars veg, then fininish autos in 12/12. So far, the autos are huge.

Here is an outdoor bud, from the lower branch of Headband.

10-17-headbandbud.jpg

Oh, yeah. You see pebbles on the top of the sand in my pots. I found them in 50 pound bags right next to play sand at Home Depot. I put them there so that when I water, my water doesn't displace the sand. Now I use a layer of sand and then a layer of pebbles on top.

My first attempt at shader and pic updates.

10-17-shadder.jpg

10-17-regulars1.jpg

10-17-lollipop.jpg

This is how they look after I lollipop. They are super tall. Taller than me now. I have 9 foot tall ceilings and I had to raise my light up almost right flat against the light mover. I hope they don't grow into the light.

I vegged them too long. Next run, I will have to time things better. This is my first attempt at doing autos while regulars veg, then fininish autos in 12/12. So far, the autos are huge.

Here is an outdoor bud, from the lower branch of Headband.

10-17-headbandbud.jpg

Oh, yeah. You see pebbles on the top of the sand in my pots. I found them in 50 pound bags right next to play sand at Home Depot. I put them there so that when I water, my water doesn't displace the sand. Now I use a layer of sand and then a layer of pebbles on top.

wow that's a bottom branch ..shes huge ..im thinking about looking into using sand so i don't disturb the soil as much when i feed them. im also goin to allow a little stretch so i can have more access to the pot and the bottom of the plant .. have u tried the shatter?

I personally cannot smoke. M main patient has tried it. Two hits had her good. Another patient got so high from one hit they threw up.

My second attempt at shatter worked. It came out hard like candy, and very transparent.

Here is an update. They are in flower now and are huge. They don't really have enough room, but all should go well.

10-22-regulars2.jpg

10-22-regulars.jpg

10-22-wwbb.jpg

Hi LEDRF, impressive plants and buds! But I was wondering, could you share how you make your shatter please? I'm trying to figure out the best way for me of making hash out of my trim and excess buds. Thanks :)

How I do it is very simple.

90 micron silk screen from ebay. Bought a big shit that I can cut into squares for the ends of the glass tubes.

You buy the bho tubes on ebay. For smaller runs, you can use stainless steal turkey basters.

I use long glass tubes from ebay.

Pack them tight with a wooden dowel from Walmart craft section or Home depot.

The most important part is to dry the shit out of the produce before you pack the tube. Not just in the open air, but in a dehydrator. I made one for super cheap. I bought a 18' cardboard box from Walmart. I cut a hole in the bottom corner. I placed a small fan heater in that corner, so it sucked fresh air from outside the box. I placed a pc fan inside the box as well. A small fan on low will work. This moves the hot air around when the heater shuts off.

I set the heater to low.

Place product in box until it is so dry when you grab it, it crumbles. Then pack it in tubes.

Run 1 can of Power 5X per 1oz of dry product in the tube.

Do this part outside. I blast the BHO through the tube, and into a pyrex dish from Walmart. I have the pyrex dish on a heat mat for seedlings. I wait until the BHO has evaporated enough that I have to scrape the resin off the pyrex. I place this on parchment paper, which goes into my vac chamber.

The chamber is on a griddle at about 120 degrees. Because the chamber is made of aluminium, it doesn't conduct heat well, so inside gets to about 108. I don't want it above 110 or I will get taffy or wax.

I max out my chamber with the vacuum. I then let it sit for a while, then about every 20 minutes, I open the valvue and turn the pump back on to remove the BHO from the chamber.

You let it sit in the vacuum chamber at about 108 degrees for 24 hours or longer if needed. I wait at least 6 hours after all reactions have stopped, after what is in the chamber looks like glass.

Some picture updates on the buds. They have about 4 weeks to go.

10-6-reg1.jpg

I'm loving the gavita double ended bulb on a 6 foot light mover so far.

Oh. not sure if I mentioned it, but I've been using Flora Nova Bloom and Calmag Plus only for most of this grow. I use a little more than 6tsp of Flora Nova Grow and 5mL of calmag plus in 5 gallons of water. I water with this every day in r/o water, and Ph it after adding nutes to 5.7-5.9

I use Flora Nova bloom for the whole life of the plant, even from seedling or small clone.

10-6-wwbb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom