My Journey For Homegrown Meds

Back in town and wow,two of my girls have stretched a bit.
Also noticed some clawing.After doing a bit of research I'm convinced it's from the flushings I gave them last week.Another thing that I had been pondering since I use tap was if my water contained chloramine.After some hefty research on my water department it turns out that it does contain chloramine,chlorine,and eight other chemicals that are way above national average and acceptance.So,letting my water circulate/aerate for 24hrs. will not help with the chloramines.A bit more research and I discovered I could condition the water with a product I already own which is Tetra Aquasafe.I have 4 gallons H2O bubbling away with this treatment and my nutes.
Btw,according to the BPN feeding schedule I have only given my plants one full strength feeding thus far so I will be going back to full dose feeds once a week and then just conditioned water in between.
w114.jpg

w215.jpg

Ok,that's about it.I will have a pic update tomorrow after I do some rearranging in the tent.Trying to figure out the best placement because I have some significant height differences to deal with and I am not going to try and hinder/regulate their height this go round.Have a good night and I'll be back in the AM! :)

Busy day today but here are a couple pics as promised.:peace:

IMG_20130625_090145_426.jpg

IMG_20130625_085303_139.jpg

IMG_20130625_085124_123.jpg

I was lazy this morning and didn't like the pic update I posted so I unpacked my camera from my weekend luggage and took these.

This is day 58 from seed.

100_12134.JPG

100_12125.JPG

100_12117.JPG

100_12105.JPG

100_12075.JPG

100_12066.JPG

100_12057.JPG

hope you had a good vacation. Plants look like they did OK while you were away :)

hope you had a good vacation. Plants look like they did OK while you were away :)
Hey there Hiker!Not a vacation but kinda work related.Got to see my sis though and had a free steak. ;)
I do believe the clawing is related to my tap water so from now on I will be using the Aquasafe along with a 24hr. aeration.I gotta say that I am pleased with this half ass attempt at a grow thus far and look forward to next round.I have it all dialed in,in my mind.Now it's a waiting game and I'll have some smoke when the new grow begins. :)

Oh! I meant to tell you.When I pulled them out today I had roots wicking through all the way to the bottom of those smart pots.

leaf clawing is usually a sign of too much nitrogen during flowering. be careful with the aquasafe it will bind chlorine but it will also precipitate out to sodium chloride or table salt and may build up in your soil.

leaf clawing is usually a sign of too much nitrogen during flowering. be careful with the aquasafe it will bind chlorine but it will also precipitate out to sodium chloride or table salt and may build up in your soil.

Hey KJC, as for the clawing I'm about 99.9% sure it's due to a bit of over watering because of flushing everything.
I know that aerating the water for 24 hrs. helps get rid of chlorine but my biggest concern is the chloramine in the water.Aerating doesn't get rid of it and from what I've read,the only way to actually get rid of it is to add a water conditioner.
I had Aquasafe on hand and read that a few growers do use it successfully.Could you recommend a better conditioner?I know RO is the best but my budget won't allow for that at the moment. :peace:

oie_oie_twinkles-1_1_.gif

It's day 61 since the seeds have sprouted under 12/12 and I finally named one of my girls.

Say hello to Andrea.
100_12278.JPG

She's a little girl but very aromatic.Here are her scoped shots from today.
w58.jpg

w615.jpg

w413.jpg

w216.jpg

w37.jpg

w115.jpg

Still having a bit of trouble with focus as my hands aren't that steady.I think I'm going to make a custom stand for the scope.

the main ingredient in aquasafe is Sodium thiosulfate. 4 NaClO + Na2S2O3 + 2 NaOH → 4 NaCl + 2 Na2SO4 + H2O

https://en.wikipedia.org wiki Sodium thiosulfate

100_12318.JPG

I'm going to the company on this one as there seems to be some controversy about this.
I've read some growers have great results and use it as even an RO system will not remove chloramine.
It can only be removed or broken down with a conditioner.
I'll let you know what they say. ;)

100_12318.JPG

I'm going to the company on this one as there seems to be some controversy on this one.
I've read some growers have great results and use it as even an RO system will not remove chloramine.
It can only be removed or broken down with a conditioner.
I'll let you know what they say. ;)

Just got off the phone with the company.It seems I am not the only one who has asked this question before.
The CS rep even contacted the lab to verify.This product is safe for plants and does not produce any sodium build up in the soil at all.They assured me that this product will remove the chlorine and chloramine and is perfectly safe for all household plants. :)

Just got off the phone with the company.It seems I am not the only one who has asked this question before.
The CS rep even contacted the lab to verify.This product is safe for plants and does not produce any sodium build ups in the soil at all.They assured me that this product will remove the chlorine and chloramine and is perfectly safe for all house hold plants. :)

That being said when, why, for what reason do you want to use this???

Temps have been 88F 45RH here lately(tent) and AC working overtime.Outside temps topping 100F.My HVAC friend came by today and fixed the problem.My unit is almost 15 years old.Been cleaned regularly but pressure was off.He dumped 1 1/2 pounds R22 and all is well.Gotta love trade offs and friends. :)

A friend dropped some nice meds.
Wasn't quite cured yet so I put it into this box for let's say a few days.
Tried a bit.Pretty good,just too wet.

IMG_20130630_194822_929.jpg

Day 64 from seed.All girls now named.
rfad.jpg

TA2.jpg

TA1.jpg

P232.jpg

P134.jpg

N210.jpg

N113.jpg

K25.jpg

K110.jpg

B235.jpg

B143.jpg

A178.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

the clawing you see beginning in your leaves is either a sign of heat stress or too much nitrogen in flowering.
Well I'm fairly sure it's not heat stress as temps have not breached 88F and that was when AC was acting up.
I really didn't think it was nitrogen because I have been feeding less than what BPN schedule calls for.
Now I am thinking it is too much nitrogen.
I have to say I'm a bit miffed about this too.I've never used a nute regimen like this before and I was relying heavily on the feeding schedule.I have only been feeding at half strength until the last feeding which was a full one including bloom nutrients as per schedule.
So now what?Just water from here on out?Anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do?
I hope I can get a working suggestion to remedy this as I'm pretty much at a loss as to what I should actually do at this point.
Anyway I'm all ears...thanks.

Just water would be fine for now. They need less nutes than one would be led to believe.

Especially in soil.

Hi, btw. :goodjob:
Hey there Ricorico,
Thanks for stopping by.I'm seriously stressed and worried now about this nitrogen thing.(possible toxicity)
After searching the net furiously I kept reading flush,flush,flush but I'm not sure how much more water these babies can stand!
I watered yesterday(no nutes)and will continue to do just that from here on out unless they show a need for something else.I also contacted BPN for some input.
Anyway,thanks man,I needed a positive note,I really don't want this to turn out badly. ;)

Back
Top Bottom