My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

What do you use to take your pics with buckshot?:bravo:

Ok Ok :cheesygrinsmiley: I could not resist. It is an older Nikon D5000. I use either the 18-55 kit lens or a 70-300. Soon I hope to be up to fooling around more with my set of extension tubes and some close ups (too much work right now)

18-55! That's why the detail doesn't fall apart. I have never really done macro work before getting into cannabis photography. Do you photograph other things as well?

ChefGreen

Yes I do shoot a lot. I have had a long illness that has robbed me of my hobby for a while, I hope the Dr’s have it sorted soon. I usually will shoot thousands of images a month and am now down to a few hundred “easy” shots. I play a bit in post but I am no expert. For me it is an outlet for stress …

Soon I will be in a new environment conducive to photography and even if I remain status quo I will be shooting.

Thanks for looking

Folks

Lots of work today transplanting and moving ... beat. I hope to get you pics in the am...

Well

The room looks great! All clean, watered, fed, moved and transplanted. I took a lot of pics but I was not to happy with them. I edited a few but since I was wiped from the work again the "play" part suffered. I realize this also robs you of entertainment when you come here as my journal is primarily images so here is a blue moon shot. This plant takes MUCH longer to finish that S Girl with much smaller buds. The buds were staggered but have now grown close. I have the RH in check now but I am still terrified of bud rot. I think of all things bud rot is the worst... you have loved your plant right to the end only to be taken by a nasty slimy goo that spoils the entire harvest! Ahhhh! I have been taking daily shots of the blue moon looking her over for any sign of mold because I really don't want to loose this plant. I want to be able to show how well LED performed. So here is one from yesterday and the only one I processed ... for you :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_8851_bm.jpg

I am going to work on some soon, please check back

:peace:

Looks beautiful!

What would have caused bud rot?

There is a name for bud rot but I forget it at the moment. It takes hold when the buds get wet (misting or rain outdoors) and/or the RH is high. For me I had no way to control RH and it hit +80% for almost two weeks and because I always have buds ... bam! bud rot. I now have a great setup (of course, I am moving!) with an AC low in the room it is able to get a great circular air motion going and it keeps the RH well below 50% ... I was hitting 40% when it was 100% outside. I am still scared the buds on hash plants are so dense all it takes for them is exposure to the spores.

Nice! That's what i'm talking about trichomes all the way up your fan leaves, awesome! Ah the dreaded botrytis i'm all too familiar... Sounds like your always dealing with high RH? If your getting bud rot in the summer how will you deal with it in the fall-winter? You've got your leds dialed in but i wonder if you were running hps's if you would still have the high RH problem? Keep the images coming, every one of them could be on the cover of hi... huh i mean 420 magazine.:peace:

Nice! That's what i'm talking about trichomes all the way up your fan leaves, awesome! Ah the dreaded botrytis i'm all too familiar... Sounds like your always dealing with high RH? If your getting bud rot in the summer how will you deal with it in the fall-winter? You've got your leds dialed in but i wonder if you were running hps's if you would still have the high RH problem? Keep the images coming, every one of them could be on the cover of hi... huh i mean 420 magazine.:peace:

trichomes? ... you want trichomes? :cheesygrinsmiley: I have RH under control now but I still worry when it gets like this

DSC_8863_bm.jpg

A few more for you

First the blue moon, this time the lower buds are in focus ... I was looking for bud rot!!

DSC_8822_bm_lower.jpg

Next up S Girl she is going to be a beauty

Super Snowdawg starting up

Cat Piss ... that is an 18" ruler

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do :peace:

I love the LED color cast... just beautiful...

@ottothief looks to be a DSLR with flash over LED backlighting.

EDIT: ..... and now I see it was already answered. sorry.

Ok Ok :cheesygrinsmiley: I could not resist. It is an older Nikon D5000. I use either the 18-55 kit lens or a 70-300. Soon I hope to be up to fooling around more with my set of extension tubes and some close ups (too much work right now)

I love the LED color cast... just beautiful...

@ottothief looks to be a DSLR with flash over LED backlighting.

Thanks Jandre ... I know you love the purps. I am trying to get the blue moon to show her purples but I am only getting down to 65f at night and she is long in the tooth so I doubt I am going to get the colors. We'll see how long I can wait :cheesygrinsmiley:

I copied my answer about the cam for both of you

Just so you know, the D5000 is one hell of a camera. There's also a MICRO lens for that set-up so you can get some REALLY good trich shots on a mini-tripod I think it was something like 200x 1.2mm lens? Something like that...

Anyway, there's a trick... if you have the room in your fridge, you can place her in the fridge every night for 2 hours. That's just long enough to get down to about 52*, but not long enough to cause cold damage. The purple expresses at about 55* Fahrenheit

Just so you know, the D5000 is one hell of a camera. There's also a MICRO lens for that set-up so you can get some REALLY good trich shots on a mini-tripod I think it was something like 200x 1.2mm lens? Something like that...

Anyway, there's a trick... if you have the room in your fridge, you can place her in the fridge every night for 2 hours. That's just long enough to get down to about 52*, but not long enough to cause cold damage. The purple expresses at about 55* Fahrenheit

Thanks Jandre ... No room in the fridge! :cheesygrinsmiley: and only down to 65 at night :(

Beautiful pics and plants :) I wish I had a nice camera!

No problem, I will come and take pictures for you :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I took a piece of that blue moon. It was the "bigger" (actually pretty small but dense and heavy :cheesygrinsmiley:) of the two main stems. It had nice cloudy trichomes and was much further than the rest. I was surprised how heavy the buds are ... fishcake if you are reading this start smiling :cheesygrinsmiley: in "a while" I will give a smoke report.

Thank you Buckshot. I was so down on myself the way the two led grows I did turned out, now I know it was something else and that the red light (like mine) will work fine I feel much better now. wow what a relief :) thanks a bunch you really got me feeling better and I hope your condition eases up some and that you get some relief and a great weekend. I can't wait for you to see my upcoming led grow, if you would be willing to kinda peek in on me from time to time?

Thank you Buckshot. I was so down on myself the way the two led grows I did turned out, now I know it was something else and that the red light (like mine) will work fine I feel much better now. wow what a relief :) thanks a bunch you really got me feeling better and I hope your condition eases up some and that you get some relief and a great weekend. I can't wait for you to see my upcoming led grow, if you would be willing to kinda peek in on me from time to time?

I am glad you came and had a look! I will be glad to help if I can. Post a link in your sig when you get going ... or are you going now? I will look around ... just so you know I suck at keeping up, sorry in advance.

Hey BShot
Not yet I am still a hunting and gathering, that and waiting on some beans :) The Purps. I also have 2 GDPxLarry OG that I got in So. Cal last year. I'm out in the back acre working on the pumpkin patch aka the 2nd graders field trip, and like others I couldn't help but break and take a look here, my new home.
Thanks and will learn how to post pics and links very soon. I will check the threads for newbies like myself :)
now back to the patch while my back allows, first more GDPxlarry

Ok it has been a while ...

Please enjoy

First up, cat piss. This plant is amazing even the popcorn buds are the size of golf balls!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The ruler starts about 18" from the light and is and 18" ruler. There are three main colas and three minors. On the right is a super snowdawg ... a monster!

DSC_8912_catpiss.jpg

catpiss closeup, smell that goodness?

DSC_8910_catpisscola.jpg

Hey this is real purple!! This is S3 Girl this bud is right in front of the AC and is showing a bit of color!!!

DSC_8932_sgirl_purp.jpg

Last but not least is a SI MALE!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: This boy is amazing, 35 days seed to flower!! on 12/12

He will be used on all the current ladies ... If I get it I can't wait for "cat piss x SI" that will be wild!!

DSC_8937_SI_boy.jpg

I hope that just looking makes you feel better! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom