2022 Godfather OG Feminized Seeds - 4th Grow In Soil: Sponsored By Weed Seeds Express

You need to count all the way down the plant and see how many nodes you're leaving. Assuming you don't take off any later, what's left after topping is how many tops you have.

If you top at that line you are losing 2 tops, but that plant has already been topped!
Oh wow ok, so leaving as is we have
18 nodes. I think I’ll go ahead and take more two nodes off, leaving 16 nodes which will be 16 tops, wow I think I finally get it lol
When I hear “bud site,” like a fan leaf is blocking a “bud site” is this also referring to a “top”?

16 nodes would be 32 tops, as each node is a left and right branch (or back and front :cheesygrinsmiley: ). If you leave 8 nodes and keep them all until harvest, you would have 16 tops. Any supercropping done (in veg) will result in more tops, though those won't be as large as the original one unless you have time to let them grow out.

A bud site can be a top or any flower down that stem where a flower is growing. Ideally your tops are at the canopy with no possible fans above them.

Okay…topping is all done for this round! :yahoo:
43743386-9056-497E-91BC-907FA52ACC4D.jpeg

Beautiful Godfather og seedlings from @Weed Seeds Express with, 16 tops each, atm! I really doubt I’ll keep all 16 bc, daaamn :jawdropper:
82384A72-70C2-4669-ABD2-D374208042C4.jpeg

These would have made beautiful clones if I were prepared and knew what to expect my first time topping correctly, but hey isn’t that why I’m here learning and figuring it out as I go, Next time! :battingeyelashes:

943AAA24-80EF-4850-B32C-2CF2CD2B82ED.jpeg

I really feel like growing from seed and not just clones has really helped me to understand the plant and how it grows a lot better! I would actually recommend to start your grow from seed first then clone from there. But hey sometimes the cart goes before the horse in some my cases lol

The thing to do now might be to hold those top two nodes flat while the lower ones catch up. For the short ones at the top I use StankClips® (seen here) to attach them to the fans just below them:
full

Just small lengths of pipe cleaner in a circle wrapped around both the node and the leaves, until the branches are long enough to tie to the top of the pots.

16 nodes would be 32 tops, as each node is a left and right branch (or back and front :cheesygrinsmiley: ). If you leave 8 nodes and keep them all until harvest, you would have 16 tops. Any supercropping done (in veg) will result in more tops, though those won't be as large as the original one unless you have time to let them grow out.

A bud site can be a top or any flower down that stem where a flower is growing. Ideally your tops are at the canopy with no possible fans above them.
Omg you scared me when I read the number 32 and the word tops next to it lol ok yeah I counted by 2 when counting the nodes, wait, what… I did something right lmao:rofl:
Alrighty, I think I got it, for now that is.. thanks again shed! :thumb:

Oh no, idk what happened to my seedlings. I hope it’s bc they need to be up potted and nothing more. I haven’t changed a thing, what should I do, if anything at all? I took off the ones that looked the worst.
138D4168-3390-44D0-A506-9E5F591746A2.jpeg

0DD6614D-2724-4395-938E-38C4DC9E96ED.jpeg

A60D8CCB-0096-4BC5-AD77-C3814530ADC4.jpeg

4A51EB48-CA0A-48FC-862C-BDA9452E2AF9.jpeg

They are super crowded, I know but they need to stay in here for at least another week.

Hey y’all long time no chat!! I am so happy to announce New Mexico is now a proud legal cannabis state, as of April 1st, 2022. :woohoo: I just want to say thank you to all that have paved the way for us “newbie’s” now we can grow and smoke in the comfort of our own homes, idk but I swear it’s hitting a lil different now, so more much peace:snowboating:

Well my girls still aren’t looking so good, Idk why I had to pop all five seeds lol shoulda, woulda, coulda… anywhoo, I was going to give them some calmag and see what happens.
F0B7AB4D-CA9A-4A1F-AF52-D0A27E87B1E3.jpeg

Godfather OG
23ABE37C-E84A-450D-AA9D-0CBCC574D824.jpeg

Waiting on their 3x3 tent
124FEE00-43A9-4132-A254-6D804A889DCA.jpeg

Not so happy waiting either! :thedoubletake:

Congrats on becoming legal, and the plants are looking great! Possibly rootbound though. How often do you have to water them?
Thanks! I think I just started watering every other day, today. They just need a few more days until their new 3x3 tent arrives and I can up pot into 3 gallon pots, then flip to flower around 2 weeks after up potting that way I can get a good round of nutrients in.

778E91D9-038A-4261-89C6-CE9631F07024.jpeg

I did do some lollipoping yesterday.

Looks good 420girl those are some tall plants you have should be fun to watch flower.

Thanks! I think I just started watering every other day, today. They just need a few more days until their new 3x3 tent arrives and I can up pot into 3 gallon pots, then flip to flower around 2 weeks after up potting that way I can get a good round of nutrients in.

778E91D9-038A-4261-89C6-CE9631F07024.jpeg

I did do some lollipoping yesterday.
Hey @420giirl great garden.
Are you going to do any Lst when you put them into flower?

Stay safe
Bill

Yes! A little training would do them good, no?
If you had the room you could tie over all those lateral branches.
Open everything right up. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Looking good! I just popped my GOG this week :)

With how tall and spaced out the nodes are, I'm wondering if you may have a light leak in the tent. My last grow, one of my G13's looked like that and I found a red light on the power strip I had forgotten to cover. I didn't realize it until flower when she wasn't flowering and really shooting up. May be something to check.

Hey y’all, thanks for stopping by! I’ve been a little busy with transplanting the clones and seedlings as well as some LST, super cropping and defoliation, oh and setting up the new 36x36 x70 grow tent.

I’m finally all set up, for the most part anyways. I need want to get another light bc the SF 1000 isn’t going to cut it all by itself, not for five plants in bloom! I’m planning on trading 2 plants from under the mars hydro fc e3000 for 2 of the GFog. I went ahead and flipped them to flower yesterday bc they are so tall. I was wondering if I should add the scrog net to help keep them down, so they don’t get too tall.

Back
Top Bottom