VG & InTheShed Are Darin' To Grow Varin From Weed Seeds Express

Greetings fellow growers!
I hope y'all can join us while we grow and learn together.

A few months back I was perusing the @Weed Seeds Express online catalogue when a very special strain caught my eye. Doug's Varin.
It's one that I have wanted for a few years but couldn't find anywhere, until now.
I first heard of it's existence a few years ago through a post here at 420 Mag. It is a strain that was well sought for but trying to obtain it was next to impossible.

I mentioned the possibility of a future grow focusing on this special strain and it high THCV content. This instantly piqued the interest of many growers, most notably,my good friend @InTheShed . He just happened to be looking for a special strain at the time. One to address some specific health and wellness aspects of his family members. This strain was a good fit for what he was looking for.
The timing was perfect.

Speaking with Shed about the possible benefits of this strain quickly morphed into doing a joint grow. We've both been working with the folks @Weed Seeds Express for over a year now. Both of us are very pleased with their genetics and customer service.
Thank you again @Weed Seeds Express !!

Doug's Varin

Specifications Doug's Varin- feminized seeds
THC level - 24%
CBD level - 0.2%
CBG Level - 0.01%
Variety - Pure Sativa
Genetics - Harlequin x Thai landrace
Max yield indoor - 275 to 350 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor - 350 to 450 grams/m²
Height indoor - 120 to 160 cm
Height outdoor - 150 to 220 cm
Flowering time - 70 to 84 days
Fungal Resistance - High
Growers profile - Moderate
Cultivation - Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
Climate - Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical
Flavors - Earthy, Fruity, Sweet, Pine
Effects - Energetic, Euphoric, Focused
SOG suitable - yes
SCROG suitable - yes

Doug's Varin is reported to contain very high levels of of the cannabinoid THCV.
THCV is said to have various beneficial effects such as..
Appetite suppression, improving bone density, blood sugar regulation among others.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about THCV and all that we can offer you is what we've been able to glean between various online articles. Many were anecdotal, contradictory, vague or outright confusing.
With this in mind we will do our best to bring forth the most accurate information possible.
We hope to give you a clearer picture once we've harvested and tried it.

Shed and I dropped our seeds last Thursday and they both came up yesterday.

My Varin sprout yesterday.
And here she is today.

I went ahead and grabbed Shed's too.
These are pics are both day #1 before and after planting.

So grab a seat and let's have a chat!

A special thank you to @InTheShed for growing along with me. Thank you for being a fantastic mentor and friend.

Greetings fellow growers!
I hope y'all can join us while we grow and learn together.

A few months back I was perusing the @Weed Seeds Express online catalogue when a very special strain caught my eye. Doug's Varin.
It's one that I have wanted for a few years but couldn't find anywhere, until now.
I first heard of it's existence a few years ago through a post here at 420 mag. It is a strain that was well sought for but trying to obtain it was next to impossible.

I mentioned the possibility of a future grow focusing on this special strain and it high THCV content. This instantly piqued the interest of many growers, most notably,my good friend @InTheShed . He just happened to be looking for a special strain at the time. One to address some specific health and wellness aspects of his family members. This strain was a good fit for what he was looking for.
The timing was perfect.

Speaking with Shed about the possible benefits of this strain quickly morphed into doing a joint grow. We've both been working with the folks @Weed Seeds Express for over a year now. Both of us are very pleased with their genetics and customer service.
Thank you again @Weed Seeds Express !!

Doug's Varin

Specifications Doug's Varin- feminized seeds
THC level - 24%
CBD level - 0.2%
CBG Level - 0.01%
Variety - Pure Sativa
Genetics - Harlequin x Thai landrace
Max yield indoor - 275 to 350 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor - 350 to 450 grams/m²
Height indoor - 120 to 160 cm
Height outdoor - 150 to 220 cm
Flowering time - 70 to 84 days
Fungal Resistance - High
Growers profile - Moderate
Cultivation - Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
Climate - Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical
Flavors - Earthy, Fruity, Sweet, Pine
Effects - Energetic, Euphoric, Focused
SOG suitable - yes
SCROG suitable - yes

Doug's Varin is reported to contain very high levels of of the cannabinoid THCV.
THCV is said to have various beneficial effects such as..
Appetite suppression, improving bone density, blood sugar regulation among others.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about THCV and all that we can offer you is what we've been able to glean between various online articles. Many were anecdotal, contradictory, vague or outright confusing.
With this in mind we will do our best to bring forth the most accurate information possible.
We hope to give you a clearer picture once we've harvested and tried it.

Shed and I dropped our seeds last Thursday and they both came up yesterday.

My Varin sprout yesterday.
And here she is today.

I went ahead and grabbed Shed's too.
These are pics are both day #1 before and after planting.

So grab a seat and let's have a chat!

A special thank you to @InTheShed for growing along with me. Thank you for being a fantastic mentor and friend.
I'm in. I'll probably order some myself just received my 1st order from @weedseedsexpress

Since VG did the hard work of setting this up, I'll play welcoming committee for now. :ciao:
Excellent,detailed write up. Wishing you two great success. I will sit back and enjoy this show..
Thanks Squiggs! Hoping for a nice smooth ride. :slide:
Sounds like a fascinating strain and look forward to the results.
So how does this work, do you both have journals? or do you both work the same journal?
Either way, I'm in.
Glad to have you RM! I'll be posting here and in my perpetual but I'm not sure what VG has planned.
With a great combo of growers like both of you, this is a win already. I'm in!
Very sweet of you Rex! Welcome aboard. :)
Ok, I think I’m in the right spot now…Good luck U2
Thanks Caddie, you found the right one!
This was hard to find few years ago it’s great that you have it .
Got our mitts on a few and now we can see what both the hype and confusion is really all about!
...cheerz... ...h00k...
Howdy h00k! It ain't Mexico but it should be a nice place to spend the winter. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm in. I'll probably order some myself just received my 1st order from @weedseedsexpress
I've never seen anyone go wrong with genetics from WSE! They are an excellent seedbank for sure. Glad you found them and us.

When my brother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I googled what type weed would help and it was on top on all the forms . It’s great that @Weed Seeds Express could come up with it .

Howdy h00k! It ain't Mexico but it should be a nice place to spend the winter. :cheesygrinsmiley:

...plan is Mexico for this winter, barring the incoming sno-birds don't start Their 4th wave...in any event, I'm always connected to the mag, and follow along, albeit, quietly, for a bit...seem's like an interesting strain, and looking forward to the final result/review...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

Since VG did the hard work of setting this up, I'll play welcoming committee for now. :ciao:
Thanks Shed. I had to grab a little dinner. Been busy all day and realized that I hadn't eaten a thing today.
I'm not sure what VG has planned.
I plant to update here regularly and give the occasional mention on my main journal as well.

Hang on a sec h00k...do you mean to tell me you haven't done an "Insert Quotes" since Sept of 2020?

...pretty much... ;) :rolleyes: , so a lil' rusty...one wrong click and CHIT!... ;) :rofl: ...of all the things I've lost in life...I miss my mind the most...... ;) :hmmmm: :rofl: ...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah: ...

..for the record, that post with old quotes, has been edited... ;)

Looks like an epic grow in the works! Need to get me some of these seeds. Good Luck with the grow :hookah:

Highya VG, ITS,

Congratulations on starting the much anticipated THCV strain, Dougs Varin! Sounds like a fascinating strain. I know you two will do a great job. Looking forward to the trip, and the end results!! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom