VG & InTheShed Are Darin' To Grow Varin From Weed Seeds Express

Here is mine.
She is 5" away from my veg light.
Awfully stretchy (and a bit kinky) for being that close imo.

It matters not!
She will quickly outgrow her sprouting tray and then I can plant her much deeper.

I've got a friend with Type 1 and another with Type 2 and I'll be giving them both bud to try after harvest. I'm not sure how to know if it's helpful, but I'm hoping they notice a difference in their daily lives having it on hand.
The high THCV is supposed to cut appetite and help with weight loss. Weight loss can delay or even roll back some cases of diabetes.

The high THCV is supposed to cut appetite and help with weight loss. Weight loss can delay or even roll back some cases of diabetes.
It is also supposed to stabilize blood sugar and lower fasting blood sugar

:hookah:

Thanks. I try.
Lookin’ good guys.
She's still alive!

I am glad you're starting yours now.
I'll be starting mine in about a month, depends on when my yearly Black Friday Buildasoil shipment comes in.

I'll be growing a Doug's Varin and an Alpine Star CBD.
Highya Nunya

HashGirl and her husband just grew an Alpine Star and it ended up really tall.
They did theirs outdoors.

Glad to have you along.

It is also supposed to stabilize blood sugar and lower fasting blood sugar

:hookah:

definitely have to research this
I'll be adding some info on what I've found. I've been reading on it for months now.
I'm really busy this weekend but should have it up soon.

I am glad you're starting yours now.
I'll be starting mine in about a month, depends on when my yearly Black Friday Buildasoil shipment comes in.

I'll be growing a Doug's Varin and an Alpine Star CBD.

Thanks. I try.

She's still alive!

Highya Nunya

HashGirl and her husband just grew an Alpine Star and it ended up really tall.
They did theirs outdoors.

Glad to have you along.

We actually just grew the one outside as an experiment. The only nutrition it got was whatever Mother Nature provided.

However, we did grow 9 of them indoors last winter. Here's the link to the journal if it might help you:

HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

We actually just grew the one outside as an experiment. The only nutrition it got was whatever Mother Nature provided.

However, we did grow 9 of them indoors last winter. Here's the link to the journal if it might help you:

HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough
Cool, thanks for the info.
How do you like the Alpine Star to smoke, or the oil?
Do you get any high at all?

I am growing a Queen CBD right now, is supposed to be very high in Limonene and a virtually guaranteed minimum of 15% CBD up to 21% and THC of about 0.05%.
It should be ready to harvest between 2 to 3 weeks.

Cool, thanks for the info.
How do you like the Alpine Star to smoke, or the oil?
Do you get any high at all?

I haven't tried smoking it. We just make capsules and take it that way.

And, no, it hasn't gotten me high but my husband who only takes CBD says he gets a buzz off it.

I am growing a Queen CBD right now, is supposed to be very high in Limonene and a virtually guaranteed minimum of 15% CBD up to 21% and THC of about 0.05%.
It should be ready to harvest between 2 to 3 weeks.

The main terpenes of Alpine Star CBD are Myrcene, Limonene and Caryophyllene. Caryophyllene is the terpene that works best for me.

If you have any other questions about the strain, perhaps you could ask in my journal so we don't clog up Virgin Ground's and Shed's journal.

:thanks:

Greetings fellow growers!
I hope y'all can join us while we grow and learn together.

A few months back I was perusing the @Weed Seeds Express online catalogue when a very special strain caught my eye. Doug's Varin.
It's one that I have wanted for a few years but couldn't find anywhere, until now.
I first heard of it's existence a few years ago through a post here at 420 mag. It is a strain that was well sought for but trying to obtain it was next to impossible.

I mentioned the possibility of a future grow focusing on this special strain and it high THCV content. This instantly piqued the interest of many growers, most notably,my good friend @InTheShed . He just happened to be looking for a special strain at the time. One to address some specific health and wellness aspects of his family members. This strain was a good fit for what he was looking for.
The timing was perfect.

Speaking with Shed about the possible benefits of this strain quickly morphed into doing a joint grow. We've both been working with the folks @Weed Seeds Express for over a year now. Both of us are very pleased with their genetics and customer service.
Thank you again @Weed Seeds Express !!

Doug's Varin

Specifications Doug's Varin- feminized seeds
THC level - 24%
CBD level - 0.2%
CBG Level - 0.01%
Variety - Pure Sativa
Genetics - Harlequin x Thai landrace
Max yield indoor - 275 to 350 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor - 350 to 450 grams/m²
Height indoor - 120 to 160 cm
Height outdoor - 150 to 220 cm
Flowering time - 70 to 84 days
Fungal Resistance - High
Growers profile - Moderate
Cultivation - Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
Climate - Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical
Flavors - Earthy, Fruity, Sweet, Pine
Effects - Energetic, Euphoric, Focused
SOG suitable - yes
SCROG suitable - yes

Doug's Varin is reported to contain very high levels of of the cannabinoid THCV.
THCV is said to have various beneficial effects such as..
Appetite suppression, improving bone density, blood sugar regulation among others.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about THCV and all that we can offer you is what we've been able to glean between various online articles. Many were anecdotal, contradictory, vague or outright confusing.
With this in mind we will do our best to bring forth the most accurate information possible.
We hope to give you a clearer picture once we've harvested and tried it.

Shed and I dropped our seeds last Thursday and they both came up yesterday.

My Varin sprout yesterday.
And here she is today.

I went ahead and grabbed Shed's too.
These are pics are both day #1 before and after planting.

So grab a seat and let's have a chat!

A special thank you to @InTheShed for growing along with me. Thank you for being a fantastic mentor and friend.
Your welcome of course! ;) Enjoy your grow mate!

Here is my Doug's Varin this morning on day 7:

Cruising right along and the second set of leaves are coming in nicely! Won't be long before I start with low-strength nutrients for it (when the new leaves are fully grown).

And the spots on the leaves are light burn from the 23w CFL it's under at night. Even low-powered lights can do that, so be carefolo!
Highya Nunya
LOL!
We actually just grew the one outside as an experiment.
Thanks HG, and it was a very nice experiment indeed. :thumb:
Your welcome of course! Enjoy your grow mate!
Thanks for your sponsorship on this site, as well as your great genetics. Looking forward to testing out the harvest on this new variety!

Back
Top Bottom