My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

like you I also love breeding and always feel a lil bad when I have to kill a male. I think your so dialed in on those lights and the type of growing you do that you are an inspiration to me in a lot of ways. Been outside working in the garden and cleaning the above ground pool/water supply for the lil ones friends across the street to come swimming. Found my Chicago CD last night and I'm telling you the Grand Daddy Purple cross Larry OG is making everything feel and sound SO MUCH better I think I will push my back some more. Cant wait to get my soon to be here 8x8 tent up and running with my LED's, thanks to you and yours.
If I can grow anywhere as close to you with your LED's I will be a happier man :)

like you I also love breeding and always feel a lil bad when I have to kill a male. I think your so dialed in on those lights and the type of growing you do that you are an inspiration to me in a lot of ways. Been outside working in the garden and cleaning the above ground pool/water supply for the lil ones friends across the street to come swimming. Found my Chicago CD last night and I'm telling you the Grand Daddy Purple cross Larry OG is making everything feel and sound SO MUCH better I think I will push my back some more. Cant wait to get my soon to be here 8x8 tent up and running with my LED's, thanks to you and yours.
If I can grow anywhere as close to you with your LED's I will be a happier man :)

Well I hope I can help... less is more.

Chicago ... if you are talking about the band, I spent a week in the hospital after being injured in a riot at a concert ... I can not use one of my fingers to this day due to tendon damage!

Dang, yeah Chicago the band, love them and a lot of others I heard growing up in the 70's. Sorry to hear that you got caught up in that riot. I have been at some crazy concerts back in the 80's and 90's in Los Angeles at the Forum :)
I am taking a break from working in the back yard, working on my soon to be diy/aero grow :)
Be back soon, thanks again.

Yeah looking at your plants and that your growing under LED really does help and makes my worries ease up. Have you grown with HID's or CFL's before? I am asking because I would love to hear your opion on the benefits of LED's. I believe that you and others here do great things with Cannabis plants and with L.E.D.'s. I enjoy 420magazine.com so much that I'm hardly even turning on the tube anymore :) I get lost in threads and love it, haven't had this many windows open in my browser since AOL was giving away free cd's lol

Yeah looking at your plants and that your growing under LED really does help and makes my worries ease up. Have you grown with HID's or CFL's before? I am asking because I would love to hear your opion on the benefits of LED's. I believe that you and others here do great things with Cannabis plants and with L.E.D.'s. I enjoy 420magazine.com so much that I'm hardly even turning on the tube anymore :) I get lost in threads and love it, haven't had this many windows open in my browser since AOL was giving away free cd's lol

I have grown with florescent light not HID, I prefer LED. I have grown the same strain as a HID grower and had a far better finish. The benifits are many, off the top of my head

Less heat = better flavor + less water
Less amps = lower power cost
Longer life lights = no constant bulb change

That is all I can think of now ... I am sure I will think of more

those all sound like great reasons. I'm striving for growing in an environment where my plants are able to express their full potentials. After looking at your journal and seeing what for doing, I know your plants are really dialed in. the lower heat producing better flavors sounds interesting, never considered it?
see ya soon, time to crash out

Cat piss looks like Papo Oro to me... Do we know the genetics of this plant?

I thought I knew the genetics ... surprise! I was told there "could have been a mistake" :-D so the genetics are a mystery. But there is really no mystery. This strain straight up smells like cat piss. There is no mistake what cat piss smells like either! :cheesygrinsmiley: I have some more seed to try but I really want to cross this with SI if there is time when the male pops. I wonder what the hybrid will be like ... oh, a giant cat piss bush stenching to high heaven!! :rofl:

I'm striving for growing in an environment where my plants are able to express their full potentials.

Well "them is fighting words" :cheesygrinsmiley: There are die hard HID and sun growers here and the products they produce are incredible. The light source is only part of a successful grow and it depends on what "successful" means if success is quantity the sun will always win :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok I should have said that I want to accomplish two things one dialing in my growing with led's and learning how to start growing healthier plants that can reach their potential and make the best possible medicine the plant is capable of. I have grown under both HID's MH, HPS, CFL and of course the big light in the sky and have been able to grow better with any of them than I have been able to do with the led's I have. I automatically ASSuMEd that it was the lights when it was more like using to much nutes and trying to get the light to close and when the plants were locking out they were also kinda getting a sunburn on top of a skin condition :( not sure if that makes sense?
Because of this site and people here like buckshot :) and other fine, experienced growers I understand more and am willing to work with the lights and plants and most importantly to not give up just because I had two funky runs. I'll file it under L for learning:) or maybe I for idiot? lol
Have a great day all and please know I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

please know I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers
I was just joking! ... but there are a lot of strong opinions and you know what they are like :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dang I found this on page three!, I am getting slower!

images for your viewing pleasure

S3 Girl

DSC_8973_S3_Girl.jpg

that bud ^ is on the left in this shot

DSC_8974_S3_Girl.jpg

Cat Piss and Super Snowdawg

DSC_8972_sativas.jpg

if you thought the last Super Snowdawg was nice wait till this one is done!!!!

DSC_8979_supersnowdawg.jpg

I have found with LED it does not require a lot of feeding, in fact if you do there will be nute lock and a poor finish. If you can believe this I "know/feel" what the plants need at this point. I folier feed the vegging plants once a week with Dyna-gro foliage pro (very light mix) the plants are in Happy Frog soil not Ocean Forest as it tends to burn the crap out of them. Then when I start feeding at about 2-3 weeks I use a teaspoon of foliage pro per gallon and add VERY LIGHT additions of Foxfarm nutes to order for each plant, usually a cap of big bloom per gallon and whatever end of life nutes they need at 1/2 to 1/4 of the specified dose with a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon sugar cane natural.

I feed almost every time I water. If I think I am on the edge with nutes they get just water till the next watering 3-5 days depending on the stage

I grow in 5 gallon pots with a tray. I water till she starts to drain and get rid of any standing water after 1/2 hour (some suck it up)

sounds great, thanks. I was using advanced 2 part at full recommended strength lol and burned em up pretty good. Then the l.e.d.'s finished em up with a nice sunburn. Man I can't wait to try it again :) the tent is late, was coming yesterday and now its tomorrow. Heck I am still prepping and waiting on beans, so it'll show up right when it should. The ladies are looking great.

That is where every grower of every type of plant aspires to be. To be able to look at your plants and almost feel when they are asking you for something, or feel when they are happy and content to be right where they are is an awesome experience. To know that while you are going to rob them of their reproduction, you give them the best possible conditions, feed them tasty things, and attend to their every need, watch them flourish, and see their beauty as they go through their phases of life, to me at least, is an almost spiritual thing.

That is where every grower of every type of plant aspires to be. To be able to look at your plants and almost feel when they are asking you for something, or feel when they are happy and content to be right where they are is an awesome experience. To know that while you are going to rob them of their reproduction, you give them the best possible conditions, feed them tasty things, and attend to their every need, watch them flourish, and see their beauty as they go through their phases of life, to me at least, is an almost spiritual thing.

I totally agree. I told my Dr. that at least 50% if more like 90% of the benefit I receive from cannabis is from growing it. To me it is not "almost" a spritual thing it is a spiritual thing! I am not an expert by any means. The plants are training me!

sounds great, thanks. I was using advanced 2 part at full recommended strength lol and burned em up pretty good. Then the l.e.d.'s finished em up with a nice sunburn. Man I can't wait to try it again :) the tent is late, was coming yesterday and now its tomorrow. Heck I am still prepping and waiting on beans, so it'll show up right when it should. The ladies are looking great.

I started using Ocean Forest soil... too hot for me so I use Happy Frog now

I started using Ocean Forest soil... too hot for me so I use Happy Frog now

Hey Buckshot ! Love happy frog too. They quit selling it here.

Our Friend Jandre wrote Hawaii and now the are retesting it. Maybe they will allow it to be sold here again. I have a bag of Ocean Forest, but will probably not use it...like you said too hot! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom