NDW's New and Improved Hydro Grow

NoDirtWeed4Me

Ok as most of you know I recently moved and as a result have alot more rrom for growing. So What I am going to do it germ 2 each of 3 strains. The three strains will be Caterpillar, Super Silver Haze and Purple Urkle. So what I did was I built myself a larger bubler system capable of supporting veg on 6 plants. I will continue using my Flora Series nutes and for light for the veg phase I have 240 watts of flouro and will be getting another 200watts on there in a couple weeks(Maybe even a small MH).

Here is a couple pics of the new setup.

DSCF58631.jpg

DSCF58641.jpg

Re: My new hydro grow room

Woo, very nice bro, keep it up. Lookin swell. You're gonna love Super Silver Haze and I bet that Purple Urkle is gonna be mighty fine too.

Thanks I'm real excited about this grow. Some strains I know, the experience from the last couple of grows and the new setup, should make for a good combination.

my friend's been buggin me about her bug problem. she says she does have a fan over her kids, not directly blowing on 'em, though. prob is, spiders webs seem to be keeping the leaves from spreading out. should she let the fan blow directly onto the kids? i know you suggest letting the spiders kill the other little pests, so i'm not sure how to advise her about the spiders. also, how do you get rid of the webs when its harvest time?

First of all not the best place to ask this question, if you put it in the Growing Problems section you'd get a much better response. Now to your question, well what you have to be careful of is that those webs might not be from spiders. Have you seen any actual spider? What it might be is spider mites. They put webbing all over the buds and eat holes in the leaves and basicaly make for an unhealthy plant. If it's an actual spider then I suggest finding and removing it, your friend is obviously growing inside so there is really no need for insects(even benificial ones). If it not a spider then it probably is spider mites and I suggest going to the garden store and getting some pray immediately. The kind you want to get says specifically on it that it is for edible plants and herbs. The spray is an insectiside made from chrisanthimum(sp?) flowers. If you want to try something home made then you can make a mix of oil, water and dish detergent and spray that on the top and bottom of all the leaves, keep that up for up to 2 weeks and hopefully they will be gone. I tried that and it definitely cut the insects down a bit but I couldn't get them to go completely away. Ok I think I answered your question and I know I've blathered on long enough if you have any other questions you know where to go. :smokin:

It's going to be a couple more weeks till I get the rest of my seeds so I'm going to start germing the seeds I have right now, the Caterpillar(70% Sativa, 30% Indica). This way by the time that the rest of my seeds are here I can have gotten enough light up to support all 6 plants through veg. I'm going to do 3 germed seeds of the caterpillar so if one dies off I can still have 2 of he caterpillar and hopefully atleast one female. So right now there are 3 caterpillar seeds floating in a glass of water I'd expect them to crack in 24-48 hours with how cool it's been here. I was thinking I could store them in the cabinet above the stove till they crack so they could get a little of the residual heat and maybe germ a little faster. Anyone else found a good way to get their seeds to germ faster? What is everyones usual germ speed(days,hours)? The last 2 times I went from seeds I did the germenating in the rockwool and it took about 3 days for them to pop the top, but as far as how long to crack, I've heard alot of various amounts of time, and was wondering what everyone elses experience has been, and what might have caused it to be faster or slower.

Ok 3 of the 4 seeds had split this morning so I went ahead and wetted down my rockwool and popped all 4 of them in their rockwool cubes. I went ahead and dropped that 4th one in there because it was the biggest seed and it looked like it was going to split soon. There is no water in the res yet figured what's the point untill they have popped. Hopefully they will break through in the next couple days and I'll see how many of this strain I'll end up with. I still want to have room to do a couple plants of the other 2 strains when I get the seeds. It might be that, if all 4 come up, I'll take the 2 weakest and stick them in to flower when the other seeds come. That should give them a couple weeks to show their stength, and hopefully something to decide which ones will be the shorttimers. Also, I'm picking up a space heater today because it is getting way too fucking cold in there at night(50ºF). I'll have it synched to a timmer so that it will only run at night, because it's plenty warm in there during the day.

I took a pic for you all even though all you can see are wet rockwool cubes. lol And yes I turned off the lights after taking the pic, and yes there is more light than it looks like in the shot. Anything else? lol

DSCF59531.jpg

Ok just a quick followup. I got the space heater in there and it's a much nicer 70º in there now. I also added some more lights. I now have 2x135Watt cfl, 1x100w cfl and 1x40watt Flouro tube for a total of 410 watts, which should be sufficient for flowering.

i found a heater fan is this something that will work because i think that it gets pretty cold in the basement i got a sprout about 3 1/2 inches under my fishtank i think in two months itll really be getting chilly down here. my friend is also trying to germ some more seeds i gave him i think i had like 50 saved up so i think hell probly be givin me atleast another one some time soon. just askiing because this is the first place i think i had seen a heater used and i know its gonna get bellow 70 degrees.

I've got 3 little heads starting to poke up so hopefully tomorrow they will be fully out. I've got the heater set to kick on automatically at 60º F and the thing works pretty fast so I think it's staying at a pretty good temp. Untill I get the garage more sealed up with some tarp it's the best I can do.

Kyle sorry I didn't respond to you any faster on the heater issue. As far as a heater I recomend the Holmes Heater Fan it's the only one I've found that has a thermostat for actual temp not just variations of high and low. And the fact that it turns off when it reaches a certain temp will save not just your plants but your money too (I don't know about energy costs wherever you are but here they bend us over and don't even offer any lube).

So far 2 of them are fully up and the other 2 are still working their way out. I made a time lapse today of one of them standing up, I'll put it up a little later.

Alright all 4 are up now. I guess I am going to have to take 2 of them out next week and put them in soil because I am getting my other seeds today and want to have 2 of each of those too. 6 available spots in the system so a couple of these ones will have to go. I refuse to just toss them though, I mean they are living plants right? I'll have to rig something up for some light for the 2 that will be going into soil.

I'm going to be gone for the next 4 days so I am going to go ahead and fill the res. Then when I get back I'll germ the new strains. Only thing I haven't decided is what to do with the other 3 seeds I already germinated. They are just sitting in a glass of water, tap root exposed, but not so much it's too late to plant in rockwool. What happened is that 2 of the seeds I planted first grew in upside down so I figured they were gonners, even after I tore the rockwool in half and without touching it with my fingers placed it in a new cube. I just figured that it would be too much stress on them, but this morning they had popped the top of the cube and look plenty healthy. So now I have some extra germed seeds. I think those will end up in soil too. That mean I'll have 5 of this Caterpillar strain in soil and 2 in the hydro. :thedoubletake: A little absurd. I'll get some pics of the girls in the hydro this morning after I fill the res and get the seeds in cubes and in soil. :peace:

YES ndw4m is ready for his next grow. . . cant wait to see this bad mama-jama start out!!

Back
Top Bottom