Neikodog's 1st High Brix Multi-Strain

Well since there isn't much happening here yet I would like some input on something besides my germination failures. I only started using marijuana in august for medicinal purpose so I am really not wise to all the delivery methods of cannabis. I don't roll joints, use a vaporizer or bong. I have a little glass pipe and that is all I've used. I am interested in trying a bong but what makes a good bong? Should it be a water bong? I know they get expensive but is that because of the glass work or the functionality? Anyway I'm looking for input and recommendations. :Namaste:

I prefer joints and bong rips. Joints because I like to sit and enjoy a good smoke when I do smoke. Bongs, to me, seem to bring out the flavors of cannabis much more than other methods and it usually only takes a few good rips to get a good bake on lol :)

I prefer joints and bong rips. Joints because I like to sit and enjoy a good smoke when I do smoke. Bongs, to me, seem to bring out the flavors of cannabis much more than other methods and it usually only takes a few good rips to get a good bake on lol :)

Good info thanks. I am leaning towards a bong or vaporizer. On the bong, do you like it to be a certain size, water or no water? What would be a reasonable price range for a good one?

Well, bwtween 18"-24" inches is good I guess. Glass! Gotta be glass! And yes, water for sure. If you have ice or even snow handy it makes for a wonderful toke! Price...well, you can spend as much as you want but a decent one will run you between $75 to $150. Just make sure you pick a good sized bowl for it. Some are huge and some will hold just enough to give you 4 maybe 5 good rips :)

Well, bwtween 18"-24" inches is good I guess. Glass! Gotta be glass! And yes, water for sure. If you have ice or even snow handy it makes for a wonderful toke! Price...well, you can spend as much as you want but a decent one will run you between $75 to $150. Just make sure you pick a good sized bowl for it. Some are huge and some will hold just enough to give you 4 maybe 5 good rips :)
Perfect thanks!

mmmm bongs, now you have me thinking back to all the ones we used to make when we were younger. We had everything from tiny little bubbler water pipes, bongs I threw on the pottery wheel in HS all the way through 5' multi chamber built out of 3" pvc and even a remote controlled motorized one we powered with one of my racing RC car motors and speed controller hooked up to an impeller we pulled out of a crappy powered pipe and went to town on. That thing was effing epic. The thickest smoke would just rise up out of it and you could just breath it in without really pulling and get the hugest hits without wrecking your lungs. I should really get around to making and selling those everyone that ever hit it begged us to build them one but with the parts we used at the time it cost about 400 bucks to make. Well I should say to replicate I already had all the expensive stuff laying around from my RC Car.

Other than the crazy motorized one my favorite one over the years was a simple 2 chamber 2x 1' sections and it was pretty skinny, just a little bigger around than a paper towel tube. It was so good because it was the perfect amount to fill the whole thing up with one pull without really getting any smoke and then you would pull out the slide and it was the perfect size to clear in one hit. The small diameter gives the smoke a high velocity which makes it easer to clear fast and in one hit which is good. The ones we made out of bigger diameter tubing I never liked as much.

Like scrubby already said glass is best the plastic stuff gets kinda funky over time. If you like smoking out of a pipe maybe try a bubbler water pipe. I prefer those these days to real bongs, my lungs just aint what they used to be, damn cowboy killers :)

mmmm bongs, now you have me thinking back to all the ones we used to make when we were younger. We had everything from tiny little bubbler water pipes, bongs I threw on the pottery wheel in HS all the way through 5' multi chamber built out of 3" pvc and even a remote controlled motorized one we powered with one of my racing RC car motors and speed controller hooked up to an impeller we pulled out of a crappy powered pipe and went to town on. That thing was effing epic. The thickest smoke would just rise up out of it and you could just breath it in without really pulling and get the hugest hits without wrecking your lungs. I should really get around to making and selling those everyone that ever hit it begged us to build them one but with the parts we used at the time it cost about 400 bucks to make.

Other than the crazy motorized one my favorite one over the years was a simple 2 chamber 2x 1' sections and it was pretty skinny, just a little bigger around than a paper towel tube. It was so good because it was the perfect amount to fill the whole thing up with one pull without really getting any smoke and then you would pull out the slide and it was the perfect size to clear in one hit. The small diameter gives the smoke a high velocity which makes it easer to clear fast and in one hit which is good. The ones we made out of bigger diameter tubing I never liked as much.

Like scrubby already said glass is best the plastic stuff gets kinda funky over time. If you like smoking out of a pipe maybe try a bubbler water pipe. I prefer those these days to real bongs, my lungs just aint what they used to be, damn cowboy killers :)

Great reply Smokey! Bubbler water pipe huh? I haven't heard of that....off to Google I go. Any thoughts on a vaporizer? Seems that would be easier on your lungs.

Np, they look like a normal pipe although slightly bigger and then they usually have a big bubble right under the bowl you can put a little water in. I think they are just called bubblers.

I can't use vaporizers for some reason, they always make me cough more than pipes. I tried several different models pretty much everything short of that really expensive volcano or what ever its called with nug, hash and wax but I just can't get into them.

Maybe a vaporizer that ran through a water bong I could deal with, especially if it was motorized. That could be effing epic!

Not sure if you can tell but I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked that motorized one. I wish I still had it :(

I'm a cougher and that was the only thing that ever let me take a huge thick hit like that with almost dying in the process. :rofl:

I really do, we looked into it back in the day and we found a couple commercial parts we could use and get it built for under 100 bucks (non remote control just a normal button on it) but we all worked in the defense contracting industry and thought it would be a bad idea to be trying to sell bongs at the same time :rofl: These days it would probably much easier and cheaper to get them put together and to market and I no longer work for big brother :)

I'm actually really surprised no one is selling one by now. This was over 10 years ago when we made that :rofl:

Neiko...if you're interested vaporizers, you might want to look at the Vapexhale Cloud Evo. I've owned one for almost 3 years now, and the thing is a beast. Smokey was talking about using one with a water bong...well, this one does that! They have their own "Hydratubes" specifically for use with the Evo, however; you can also use it with any glass waterpiece...just turn it upside down.

I have one of their old hydratubes, but I also use it with a Mobius Ion Matrix glass water piece. The great thing about this vape is that you can take rips on it exactly like you can with a bong...and you can whitewall the piece with vapor that looks like smoke, but you're not inhaling all of the extra not so good things that you get when combusting. I still like to fire up now and then, but nothing tastes as good as using a quality vaporizer.

And as far as effects, a good vaporizer will get you where you want to go, but by adjusting the temps of the vape you can start out with all the great tastes you would ever want along with a nice clear high and then slowly turn up the temps to get all of the other effects you're looking for from whatever strain your using.

Believe me, this thing knocks me on my ass if I want it to...but in a "healthier" way!:thumb:

Nice Shrike, that sounds amazing! I will have to look at those as well. I have always wanted to vape instead but just never liked any of the ones I tried so I never got around to spending the money to get a really good one.

...yeah...do your homework ahead of time. There are many choices out there and a lot of bad info too about Vapes. The best place I've found to get all the info you want about vaping is Fuck Combustion dot com. 420 & that site are pretty much the only two places I hang anymore. Great info and people at both sites. The owner of Vapexhale even started out as just another vape user there before he got the idea for the Cloud. Any way...best of luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom