Top of the previous page - just 6 days ago. They're such babies! Oh how they grow so big...

IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
IMG_0387.jpeg

I’m really happy with just about everything right now. Want some catch up with the trellis but now flipped and soon to get their first flower nutes that’ll happen in the next few days.

The environment just lovely. Turned the swing fans down a touch.

Co2 is back on.

Plant structures, attitude. Healthy stuff.

Nick

Plus,

Getting our clone on for the next grow. Probably going to go 50/50 clones to seed. But our own clones. We reckon on 80-90% success rate. Pretty casual about it. Potting soil with a bit of cal mag and a Clonex dip. Then veg nutes when they first dry out - in solos obviously.

IMG_0394.jpeg

We’re going to need more hence a seed order in my future. We’re going to decommission this 5x5 soon. Awaiting (like the other 5x5) a new light.

Tomorrow we’ll finish up our new clone room.

It took The Lad with non verbal instructions from me 18 minutes to make that. I was on a call. Electrical/lights already done. But still pretty quick. However! He took blue pipe pre cut and labelled for the trellis. His Mum (& Co, obvs) went nuts. I saw him doing it and did try to gesture "no no no!" But yeah wasn't me got shouted at! 😂

IMG_0392.jpeg

Tomorrow it will get wrapped in Future Board, like a corrugated plastic thing they sell everywhere here and some USB fans added. Its already on a control box timer. 6000k and 3000k 12- or 18w strips, I forget, to try and provide a slow full spectrum blend of light.

IMG_0395.jpeg

That white fan is actually gone now, the one bottom right. Its after lights out now - there’s 9 left in the 8x4 all good. We mostly cloned from them - might be 10 tomorrow as thinking of moving that small plant back middle in the video down there for space.

Gonna ask permission in the morning!

I’ll rephrase - I’m going to offer as a gift to & Co for taking her best and brightest in the last few days!

Its a bit squashed in there and I think less is more with that gone.

Nick & Co

IMG_0421.jpeg
IMG_0422.jpeg
IMG_0423.jpeg
IMG_0424.jpeg
IMG_0425.jpeg
IMG_0426.jpeg

Look happy enough.

I think all the clones might die. & co just soaked them and rhey’re in potting soil with no perlite 🥲

There’s not actually much I’m excited to grow again so far anyway.

We can probably cut some more in a gee days. We’re only Flip +3

I have an idea of what I want to grow and in which spaces.

Some high strain recognition stuff for The Weed Shack - what I think I want to brand it as. Can do that in the Flower room in bulk. Three strains maybe.

Then some something like Mim OP that will deliver mega bulk in the 8x4.

The 5x5 with Meijiu (replaced I hope!) and the 4x4 - they have the best of the environment in the tents - want to go craft. Just grown for terps. In 6x6” rockwool to start. Maybe later grows organic.

The other 5x5 with currently mixed lighting?

Not sure. See what comes along. Something seems to!

IMG_0457.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg
IMG_0460.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0456.jpeg
IMG_0459.jpeg
Day #4

Bumped the EC to 2.8 Ph 5.7, just want a little micro nutrient tip.

Just you know?

Anything make them look a little better?

There are some shots in there about 10 minutes after lights out under the house lights - about 3500k warm white lights, 18w - like an old fashioned tungest light bulb. A house light. Your eyes no it well you're over the age of about 21!

The greens a bit more natural. The baby rom clone is tiny and lighter green the mid greens are darker and the dark greens actually about the same - they tend to be the bigger leaved ones so maybe its focus/colouration thing.

Load of new growth already just 4 days post flip.

Yeah - in good shape feels like.

Stretch may be sooner than generally expected in our experience but we're prepped.

Bumped the EC because - yeah - we're so well set right now. Environment, light levels, C02 levels - we know we can bang it in at 2.8 plus. The fert mix needs a little more - waiting on a delivery - some amino type tickles. VPD will be 1.4 to 1.6 - banging.

But yeah.

They'll pass!

Nick & Co

The reason I had the the house lights on was because the Pulse had fallen out its socket. It has a battery so didn't notice - I just don't look at it unless I want to post the numbers.

Genuinely - no fake!

Skin&Eyes means you are looking yourself.

You are testing with the human body's biggest organ - the skin.

If you can't get someone elese to do it or then rely on a sensor.

Nothing beats your own skin and eyes on your plants.

But nothing, beats skin and eyes on your plants.

Learn to read the plants with your eyes, mentally undress those ladies.

It works.

Learn to think like a plant.

Nick

Yeah yeah. A Bugbee fan boy am aye

Thing is two fold.

Dutch Pro sponsor whoever the halfwit host is.

We have only ever used Dutch Pro - we def ain’t sponsored! The Distributor here is uselewwssss!

But yeah organic? Lower yield, and you think you getting lower yield and therefore better terps or cannabinoid levels?

Why?

Why does that help the plant? Helps it mate or what?!

For me its always been the fatal flaw in the argument for organic.

How does it help the plant?

Anyhoo - still reading?

Yeah - micro stresses create terps and shit.

Don’t matter where you get your N from / clean your shit though.

So my post about ten back?

Where I speculated to the great and rhe good of the organic growing community that actually? It might be the micro stresses rhat LOS provides makes it better?

Never saw that video above when I speculated that.

Seems like I was on the money though given large scale testing as decribed in the video.

Yeah yeah. A Bugbee fan boy am aye

Thing is two fold.

Dutch Pro sponsor whoever the halfwit host is.

We have only ever used Dutch Pro - we def ain’t sponsored! The Distributor here is uselewwssss!

But yeah organic? Lower yield, and you think you getting lower yield and therefore better terps or cannabinoid levels?

Why?

Anyhoo - still reading?

Yeah - micro stresses create terps and shit.

Don’t matter where you get your N from / clean your shit though.

So my post about ten back?

Where I speculated to the great and rhe good of the organic growing community that actually? It might be the micro stresses rhat LOS provides makes it better?

Never saw that video above when I speculated that.

Seems like I was on the money though given large scale testing as decribed in the video.
If my memory retention was as good as yours I'd give these videos a bash. It's technical stuff you're talking about here and mostly I allow it to sail over my head without trying to catch it. I grow in los because it is easier than dealing with ph and shit. Much easier to provide the plant with the whole package and allow it to take what it needs and when, and then feed and reuse the soil. Also, I'm pretty sure it must be kinder to the environment if anyone cares about that.

Why?

@Gee64 and @Keffka do a much better job explaining it than I, but the major difference is who is feeding the plant. In a synthetic grow it's you so you have to know what to supply when. Commercial canna nutes pretty much handle that for you as long as you can read and follow a schedule or know enough of what you're doing to modify it yourself.

With organic, the plant feeds itself via microbes so takes what it wants when it wants as long as it's provided for in the mix. Many users will tell you organic tastes and performs better, though that's subjective for sure.

It's an ongoing debate, each camp firmly entrenched and ready to do battle to protect their opinions. Kind of like American politics. :laughtwo:

Much easier to provide the plant with the whole package and allow it to take what it needs and when, and then feed and reuse the soil. Also, I'm pretty sure it must be kinder to the environment if anyone cares about that.
I've been a bit quieter with work so got back into watching a lot of this stuff. Just leave it on on the TV opposite by desk and treat it like a podcast. Bugbee in that one says actually organic can be worse on the environment - not saying it worse just it can be. And he works on projects about growing on mars - they wouldn't grow organic
It's an ongoing debate, each camp firmly entrenched and ready to do battle to protect their opinions. Kind of like American politics. :laughtwo:
Gee probably thinks of me as the Trump Incarnate! I see both sides, my farmer mate has done some huge organic grows, hates the taste. Keffka said one of the most balanced things about it to Wastei - "maybe synthetic will end up better than organic in a few years" Oh don't forget the contests, especially the JOTM!

Bugbee specifically talks about the microbabally thingy in that video and somewhat debunks it.

But actually it goes back for me to the post where I tagged the three of you - micro stresses on the plant. He does seem to suggest that what I posited the other day - organic is less efficient so it does introduce micro stresses as the plant shuffles around its uptake - any terp improvement is possibly attributable to that rather than the source of its macro/micro nutrients.

Also he's pretty clear, you won't ever get the strength nor yield from organic. He's growing to feed the planet whether ours or Mars.

As I said last week - we'll grow organic and some point - I have 25 gallons of organic soil left from from that giant SIP debacle just been cooking on the balcony for 4-5 months now. Gotta find a use for that at some point!

Anyone knows me - I'm pretty good at seeing both/all 17 sides of an argument - I'll pick my side but (assuming its not going to cause anyone hurt or harm) celebrate ideas that even I wouldn't personally use.

I'll also change my opinion, and explain why I did! Hell in the US you can get up to $1500 an ounce for organic hand watered weed! The market isn't sophisticated here for that to be a thing - but yeah I'd do that if the market here develops!

& Co is an expensive girl! Not in diamonds and handbags! She keeps inviting stray people into the house to feed and care for! Charity starts at home? She is living proof!

1714108794702.png

Bugger! Hit them with a 25% price increase and they didn't blink. We can sell it at 100 easy out our own shop soon as we get it opened.

But like selling weed and its legal! Like still just crazy for me. Nuts. I spent night in jail (only two but still!) for just possession - for one getting supply knocked down to possession was a lot of work!

We’re down to 17 plants in here. That smaller Future #1 was in the back we swapped out with the underperforming Animal Mints which we’re repotting down to a 3 gallon. The one from clone. Its not drinking and is really heavy as a result.

I like the FCE4800 from @Mars Hydro for it. It just seems s little bit of a “kinder” kind of light. Seems a bit warmer on the kelvin side for sure.

What I should do is take a spectra reading from the FCE4800 and then one from the FC4800 Evo we have on the solos at matching driver values (100%)

I’ll do in a couple of hours. Channel my inner nerd.

IMG_0470.jpeg

The Future #1 we took out - a very nice plant but just a bit short and by freeing up that space for the bigger girls either side its a “less is more” kind of situation.

One of our lovely synchro moments ai said to & Co “I want ask you something about the plants upstairs when you have a moment”
She stomped up the stairs (with my lunch!) and said half way up “You want to move that plant at the back don’t you!”

Yep!

Its moved. Then she said swap it for one come from clone, it not very good.

My wife is a smarter woman than I. I mean mostly because I’m a guy so I fail at the qualification stage there! But yeah we did that.

Dropping down to 17 (my lucky number -and my birthday - hint I’m not American! Cash in a card is always welcome!) yeah it will pay off and we have a lot of spare space in the 8x4

This room is like - hmm. Perfectly adequate in performance at the moment.

Nick

IMG_0471.jpeg

Bugbee in that one says actually organic can be worse on the environment - not saying it worse just it can be.
I'm sure. It all depends on the source of the inputs I think.
But actually it goes back for me to the post where I tagged the three of you - micro stresses on the plant. He does seem to suggest that what I posited the other day - organic is less efficient so it does introduce micro stresses as the plant shuffles around its uptake - any terp improvement is possibly attributable to that rather than the source of its macro/micro nutrients.

Also he's pretty clear, you won't ever get the strength nor yield from organic. He's growing to feed the planet whether ours or Mars.
Interesting.

Where we'll sell our weed! Redone for better audio hopefully.

Nick & Co, it has been so cool to follow your story as it unfolds. Not many people have the means and savvy to pull a passion project off like this. It's been heartwarming to watch your business grow and I look forward to your next adventure! Congratulations :circle-of-love::cheer:

Bugbee in that one says actually organic can be worse on the environment - not saying it worse just it can be.
He's very misleading. Cyanide is organic but it's bad for the human environment so..... Therefore I proclaim organics to be bad for the environment... see how that works... do your research or follow blindly, thats everyones personal choice.
And he works on projects about growing on mars - they wouldn't grow organic
Cuz theres no microbes on mars would be my guess.
Gee probably thinks of me as the Trump Incarnate!
Never Nick, I see you battle a lot of things and know how hard you commit to your style. You work hard at it and it supports your family. Be proud of that. 👊
I see both sides, my farmer mate has done some huge organic grows, hates the taste.
Again, personal choice. Never dis on that.
Keffka said one of the most balanced things about it to Wastei - "maybe synthetic will end up better than organic in a few years.
If you prefer synthetic weed then its already better, if you prefer organic weed then organics is better. AI will never change what a human feels.
Bugbee specifically talks about the microbabally thingy in that video and somewhat debunks it.
Bugbee gets rich off saying what he says. Follow the money and the truth will set you free. He's a cog in the American Machine. Can't blame him for following the money. At least he's committed to his cause tho...

In Canada all the synthetic companies are going under. Hundreds of millions and in some cases billions of cash raised by IPO's per company, and only the organic ones are thriving.

We have humongous green houses with acres upon acres under their roofs and they are laying around empty now.

Thats largely due to health regulations in the final product. Most synthetic weed is deemed unfit for human consumption by the federal government who loses one dollar for every gram that doesn't sell, so they have skin in the game, yet still it must be disposed of properly thru toxic disposal systems, you can't just dump it out in a pile like manure.

Again, not knocking it, but do your research 1st and then commit to a style.

The only thing stronger than information is misinformation.

Now back to the Batcave....

He's very misleading. Cyanide is organic but it's bad for the human environment so..... Therefore I proclaim organics to be bad for the environment... see how that works... do your research or follow blindly, thats everyones personal choice.

Never Nick, I see you battle a lot of things and know how hard you commit to your style. You work hard at it and it supports your family. Be proud of that. 👊

If you prefer synthetic weed then its already better, if you prefer organic weed then organics is better. AI will never change what a human feels.

Bugbee gets rich off saying what he says. Follow the money and the truth will set you free. He's a cog in the American Machine. Can't blame him for following the money. At least he's committed to his cause tho...

In Canada all the synthetic companies are going under. Hundreds of millions and in some cases billions of cash raised by IPO's per company, and only the organic ones are thriving.

We have humongous green houses with acres upon acres under their roofs and they are laying around empty now.

Thats largely due to health regulations in the final product. Most synthetic weed is deemed unfit for human consumption by the federal government who loses one dollar for every gram that doesn't sell, so they have skin in the game, yet still it must be disposed of properly thru toxic disposal systems, you can't just dump it out in a pile like manure.

Ha - thanks for stopping by Gee!

There's a lot I agree with you on there - I take Bugbee with a big dose of salts (see what I did there!)

The two things I disagree on are, and maybe you're not saying one of them, just my interpretation of your words:

#1 I'm stuck on one way? I'm not at all. I'm a total floozy! Wind changes and I'll go another way! I have a big bin of organic long cooked soil sitting about 3m from me.

#2 I provide for my family from growing weed! This one pal! I wish! not enough emoji's in the world! I pay all the costs from my real world job, electricity to just everything, Grove Bags. Whatever! Every "thingamajiggy!" I then help sell that weed and my wife pockets the cash. She kicks nothing back - I could just give her the money and not grow - it would be better business for me!

I think if you want very decent weed at volume to sell synth nutes are a no brainer. The market just isn't sophisticated enough here - its hard enough selling any weed.

We are just trying to grow clean safe tested weed.

With passion - like I really care and I have no set beliefs. I am 100% not into high THC strains personally - - I only vape (heat not burn) the higher the THC the lower the feeling for me. Has a "cold taste" for me. If I wanted an amphetamine type buzz (I don't!) there are cheaper ways for me to achieve it! I like the more cerebal stuff. Stuff makes me think in different ways.

Gee bro - I am not proscriptive - I try see all the angles. Horses for courses.

Yeah - I was grumpy on the VPD thing. Promise bad day at the office that exact moment. I was using my work voice.

VPD is just a measure for what has always felt right to me, and where we grow, - I only brought it up to try and help others.

That said - I remain unconvinced on the flavour improvements offered by LOS.

But no smoker really am I!

For yield or strength> Think synths got it beat.

Bugbee - says what he says for coin? Yep we agree on that!

BUT! My real point was one Bugbee said himself (whilst talking to some guy "Dr Grow It" shilling for the same nute company we use)

Micros stresses whether or not from environment or nutrient availability are a weirdness that cannabis sativa has like no other plant - its just reacts stronger with micro stresses.

That was why I tagged you guys - not to say you're wrong or my way is better at all. Just a conversation thing - I know you guys talk about the availability of nutrients with a healthy colony of microbes - but its got to be slower than flood/drain?

Lazy plants I may have -but maybe, just maybe, its those little micros stresses while the plant readjusts that makes organic better?

That was my only real point I was trying to suggest.

No beating on organic grows whatsoever.

Wow - long post.

Sorry.

Azi - you know me better than most! What I say is always with happy heart.

That's all (with happy heart!) thanks for popping by Gee.

Also a deep red bathroom - wait you're Canadian so its a "washroom" ?!

Your wife has great taste! Classic British!

Your mate,

Nick

The only big crop operation that I know were ever scrapped, deemed unfit for human consumption and stopped by regulations for high metal content were all organic grows. Same with organic eggs. You often state that synthetics is unfit for human consumption but not the reason why that is?

I've said this before but the problem is not often the product or input being used but how their being implemented. I don't bash any method because I know they all need to co-exist to stop human starvation and make best use of our natural resources. That's just the way it is in current world situation and regulations.

If you have a big yard and a lot of land with high nutrient rich native soil then there's very little reason to go the synthetic route but if you live in a city environment or a desert you might want to consider growing hydroponically.

First, I said synthetics could feasibly one day surpass organics, as long as we don’t blow ourselves up. That day is still many years if not generations from now. We don’t fully understand any of what we’re doing currently, and we won’t, as long as religion holds such prominence in our ethics.

This is a slightly outdated argument though. The line between synthetic and organic has been blurred too much. Many organic growers are by law allowed to use synthetics if tests show it’s needed. Sort of defeats the purpose of labeling but I digress. Many synthetic growers utilize beneficial bacteria and carbon based nutrients, this is the very definition of organic, carbon based. Heck, tons of organic growers grow in containers under LED. That’s not natural, and is the very definition of synthetic.

This leaves us with less clear lines of division, thus nearly making the argument moot.

If however one insists on making some sort of us vs them argument, then it would be an ideology argument. Do you believe man or nature can grow plants better? Those paying attention will note that it’s not so simple of an answer. Yes, nature knows what it’s doing, but it’s not as efficient as it could be. While we may make mistakes, we learn from those and in the process improve efficiency. I think we’ll find that a marriage between man and nature will produce the best results. Organic and synthetic together. I personally believe our purpose on this planet is to tend to and improve the very ecosystems we are destroying, but that’s drifting into theory territory.

If you want to make a capitalist argument about yields in a salt based vs carbon based grow that’s fine but I won’t engage since yield does not translate to quality or efficacy, and profits aren’t a factor. I just want to grow high quality, healthy plants, in a sustainable way, and salt based isn’t sustainable

The only big crop operation that I know were ever scrapped, deemed unfit for human consumption and stopped by regulations for high metal content were all organic grows. Same with organic eggs. You often state that synthetics is unfit for human consumption but not the reason why that is?
I did? where have I said that. All I said was that in Canada the regulatory bodies have decided this for us. You kinda need to chill out a bit.

I never once said that. Please show me where I said that. I also don't bash any method, again, got a quote? I'm perplexed. I have stated many times that it's about doing what makes you happy and that I begrudge no one for that. You need to start reading posts a little better. You seem very defensive.
I've said this before but the problem is not often the product or input being used but how their being implemented.
Got proof? or is that an opinion?
I don't bash any method because I know they all need to co-exist to stop human starvation and make best use of our natural resources. That's just the way it is in current world situation and regulations.
If you have a big yard and a lot of land with high nutrient rich native soil then there's very little reason to go the synthetic route but if you live in a city environment or a desert you might want to consider growing hydroponically.
I live in a little yard in the desert at the edge of a big city so.....

Back
Top Bottom