Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Plants look happy enough. :laughtwo:
Thanks - you must have noticed the burning though?

They’re getting a little more light gap tomorrow , they do seem to have stopped growing vertically now!

I think its the specifically the UV light causing that. They run as cool to touch as the Mars.

Its also been a bit wild on temp and Rh the last two afternoons. When all three tents are on 12/12 and in flower I can get it cooler and drier in there which should help too.

Of course - don’t grow them so tall in the first place is the solution - its OK this is just a warm up. New tent, pot size, light. Were I ever to try growing 12 in here again… well then I’d probably do better…

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 of Weekly

Day #66
Day #14 Flowero

Yeah flushes - I know I mentioned them. Always Sundays if we can. Marks the weeks, tomorrow we start Week #3 Flower.

No one tell Nick it might be Week #4.5 - OK?

Its Calmag and a garden centre off the shelf Seaweed and Amino thing.

Flipped two tents and a room full of plants today.

12x in the 4x4 12x in the 8x4 and 17x in the Flower Room. The 29 also being up potted. A new irrigation system installed by The Lad and the Flower Room one amended to fir the new numbers.

& Co did that all really. I chose the plants, checked the pot filling specs, described the design for irrigation and stuff and her with quite a bit of help from The Lad (who had a nap while she cooked lunch - she forgot mine but that’s OK!) Yeah any of you ever meet her, Jon might well, then remind me to say thank you to her for today! Epic. Ahe’s now prepping half the dishes for an 80 person BBQ we’re off to tonight. 😂

…eyes like Jolly Ranchers. She’ was a beautiful girl, a beautiful girl

So are the girls below. Almooost at The Chunkening Not yet.

Nick & The Machine

IMG_9735.jpeg
IMG_9736.jpeg
IMG_9737.jpeg
IMG_9738.jpeg

Thank you Carmen! Hope you have a great one and Eskom sort their kuk out in 2024 so you can wake up at 6am to check on lights coming on as well 😂
Thanks Nick. We have had 15 straight days of no loadshedding. They are burning diesel before the elections. The actual damage is irreparable. The only way out of this is privatization and green technologies but they are opposed to both. It's a Catch 22 situation which will get progressively worse as conditions deteriorate. That, sadly, is the reality.

Thanks Nick. We have had 15 straight days of no loadshedding. They are burning diesel before the elections. The actual damage is irreparable. The only way out of this is privatization and green technologies but they are opposed to both. It's a Catch 22 situation which will get progressively worse as conditions deteriorate. That, sadly, is the reality.
Well you could get some photos on the grow pre election!

Always a silver lining me!

If you're gonna spam! Spam your own threads!

The Neem probably not gonna recirculate right?

Plus the valves are mad complicated if you're trying to film a silly video, I gave the middle tent a bunch of extra full flower nutes, but I have a rationalisation of why that just cost money and grow wise its fine (they ain't that much different) Any way - I can't hide anything. In fact making the videos is a really useful tool. I watch them a bunch looking for stuff.

Two things you already know but I would be remiss not to mention:
Don't forget to neem the undersides of the leaves.
Don't need anything with pistils unless you have absolutely no other choice.

And no I did not watch all 7 minutes and 44 seconds of you dive bombing around your tents. :)

Two very good points.

We’ll risk a second neem dose today, I’ll do this one. Think you see The Lad gets right in amongst them but I typically roll the sprayer in my hand to get the underside of the leaves because that’s where the bastards hang out.

But yeah none in flower, I never have but citric acid at 0.25% is what you reckon?

I know the “not neem in flower” but not the why? Does it damage the plant or just sticks and is toxic to ingest?

But yeah none in flower, I never have but citric acid at 0.25% is what you reckon?
That's what I reckon!
I know the “not neem in flower” but not the why? Does it damage the plant or just sticks and is toxic to ingest?
I'm not sure that anyone has analyzed what neem oil is converted to when it combusts, but it's hard to wash off, makes your flowers taste bad, and will brown your pistils. Now I can't say for sure what the effect on yield is if you mess with your pistils in flower, but I have felt like it slows bud development. It's just a sense and I could be wrong, but with the other reasons it adds up to a rule for me.

That's what I reckon!

I'm not sure that anyone has analyzed what neem oil is converted to when it combusts, but it's hard to wash off, makes your flowers taste bad, and will brown your pistils. Now I can't say for sure what the effect on yield is if you mess with your pistils in flower, but I have felt like it slows bud development. It's just a sense and I could be wrong, but with the other reasons it adds up to a rule for me.
I love the smell of neem, not just in the mornings… but it just seems wrong on flowers. I must ask my Mum whether she knows the name, her Dad definitely used it in his allotment, I know the smell from him.

7m / 60 = 420 seconds
/ 55 plants
Only 8 seconds or so per plant 😂

No, I have a life.
It was more a compliment to your sharp (beautifully adorned with long lashes, so they say) eyes.

The videos actually although they might look a bit wanky are really useful, I watch them through quite a few times, not out of any sense of self satisfaction but the phone can go places my eyes can't so I scan the leaves, the picture below, at mid height, I wonder how that bit got burned. Is it a sign of a bigger problem?

Just another way to worry myself!

EDIT - now I see it this morning, I'm like "don't be a dick - its nothing" 😅

1704174810399.png

It's just a sense and I could be wrong, but with the other reasons it adds up to a rule for me.

Yeah me too, from the first time mixing it - it just with the smell and the slightly treacly finish it seems wrong for flowers

It was more a compliment to your sharp...eyes
As I mentioned I didn't watch the whole thing and personally I prefer pics to videos generally, particularly yours.

That said, I'm 100% glad they're helpful for you!
so they say)
Me, I said it. But only once. You've said it the rest of the time! :battingeyelashes:
EDIT - now I see it this morning, I'm like "don't be a dick - its nothing"
Phewf! I'd hate there to be an unintentional flag in one of your grows.

Back
Top Bottom