Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg

Nothing to see here. Well 32 colas at a rough count above the line.

What line? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

SCROG no mate. No. Not a SCROG.

Its a trellis, a trellis. Just you know. Well we don’t do it all the time. No. Not our style. When? Well this is, uh, you know. The first time. Jon? What’s he got to do with it? No, no, nooo my friend. Nothing to do with that. Just, you know, easier to count. Yep. OK. Good day to you.

Nick & Co (Sticky Icky)

Had more of tidy up. I’m not making this up. Promise. 40-45 paying colas. There’s a bunch in there, pale green lack of light, probably should have chopped them before but with the amount of time left and with the rearrangement giving them more light there’s no reason they can’t be fully prime buds by the end.

They’re a bit popcorny now. But there’s easy over a month left so by then they’ll be counted.

Can you take the tops first and leave the lowers to ripen?

I’ve been planning to, especially as the Runtz x LC and Trop Banana want an extra week minimum. So partial harvest been on the cards. But also aware of the need for that light in about 30 days so I can flip for the Jon grow. Though the veg 5x5 I’m putting together might also be able to finish them - it’ll have 550w which is plenty to finish the lowers.

& Co saying The Lad, Mum and Baby are gone at my command is one thing. It actually happening is another. I have no idea where we’re gonna dry right now. The two autos I could harvest now but nowhere to put them!

May have had an accidental harvest earlier.

IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0064.jpeg

Checking on the trellis work this one planted its top bud on the light which promptly burned. I chopped off instigated a back bud building trial by cutting the top 1/3” of the bud and went to bend it outside of the trellis and snapped the Mono Silic hardened main stem.

Its the best part of 2ft that cola. It didn’t seem like I drew “blood” maybe a squirt from a puncture hole but not a rip. Chop stick, duct tape and cable ties I hope will do the trick. 😅 Guess I’ll know in a couple of days.

Nick

IMG_0063.jpeg

Damn you could build bamboo houses with that repair job!
Its kind of heavy that top… 😅 Also bamboo is an excellent choice of building material when building a bamboo house - though larger than chopstick sized is handy.

I have to go see a dispensary owner in 40-45 minutes. 8:30am meet up on a Saturday. Guy will only meet before 9am and I can’t Monday - Friday. Thailand and SE Asia more generally aren’t early morning places at all. People work later over starting earlier.

But he’s the 3rd guy like this. Because? They’re all high after that I guess. There was a thing with someone earlier in the week. Convinced I swapped out bud on him. As I said - Why would I risk a new client by doing that? They got both strains total nug hunted for the best. Dunno but you start ripping bongs at 9am maybe its your memory that’s off not mine?

Anyway lights on in 5 minutes. See if that cola is showing any negative signs yet.

Nick

Nice short meeting. Beginning and ending with handshakes.

See what happens. They’re a mile away in the village. Two stores. Have a huge chunk of the Russian market here.

Dropping 100g a day to them which is what they’re talking about would be great

IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_0129.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg

This trellis lark is great. If you’re wondering why never before. We’ve only flowered in a tent once before, 4x4 under 1000w HPS. There support wasn’t a huge issue. We ran wires for three of the fifteen plants only. The flower room is an L shape. I’d need to put a three poles down the middle of the room to tie of to. It would also screw access to the back. They’re shorter in there this time so probably not an issue.

It was fun today because two different Mim x OP’s had slunk their arms the other side of the tent under the canopy horizontally. I just wrangled them back and popped them through the net in their own section. Easily into the mid 40’s cola wise. These are main ones, stuff as thick as your forearm with buds. That kind. The trellis is at about 42” - just over 1m. You know what they say about icebergs?

Can I average above 166g a plant, 6oz? I reckon so. Right now yeah I think we can. If we miss this time we won’t next time. Its a shade under 4.5lbs This does happen. One of the farms featured in Cannacribs reckons they have strains that go 5-6lbs a light in 8 weeks. They were using 1200w DE’s

I’m sure they weren’t growing Autos for that.

🤣

Nick

IMG_0206.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0208.jpeg
IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0219.jpeg
IMG_0204.jpeg
Day #81
Flip Post #39
Flower Day #29

So I take Barneys to their word the Mim X OP, Blueberry OG and Ayuhuasca Purple are 16 days out from entering the 55-65 Day harvest window. 3 weeks call it. Tropicanna Banana and Runtz x Layer Cake have a 65-70 day window. 4 weeks which is a little longer than I want to veg the next grow. If I buy a new light ai need to order it this week or Chinese New Year will fuck it. They told me today. I need to sell some weed this week to buy the light basically.

Paid for the seeds today for the next grows. added in 5 GMO and 5 GSC from Barneys. Blimburn never emailed me about my order - meant to have sent me the QR code to pay. I dunno the invoice is in THB but they know to give the GDP amount because I have to send in the recipient currency. So he gives me the number and ai transfer. But the overall total hasn’t really changed. So I looked and I figured it out. They’ve under charged me but also didn’t add any more free seeds. I have some history with them - parcel getting busted, it had been revised 4 times as they kept going out of stock. Eventually shipped to TRNH. But we stayed friendly, even put them in touch with Rob. Now I have to tell them and send the balance that costs $20 for the transaction.

Bugger.

IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0239.jpeg

Been looking at the Pulse the last couple of nights. Trying to see how cold and dry I can get it. Answer not especially. Ducked under 50% Rh but I looked today at the numbers. 51% Rh and 32c - VPN was awesome at 1.7-1.8. Its toppy but we’re mid late flower the gas is on and that seems OK. I’ll start backing it off maybe, the AC may need a service too.

I was going to use this new Dehuey for the tent circulation but its kinda big 😅

Probably it will fit but going to be too disruptive to do it now.

Entering the home stretch and looking good.

Nick

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0264.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg

Day #82
Day #42 Since Flip
Day #40 Flower

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 of Weekly 31st January
Stage #11 The Chunkening 8th January
Stage #12 The Chuckening Taper 17th January

So they’re slowing up, the big bud growth spurt has finish. But plenty of time to go. 15 days until the window opens for any of them. Potentially means I’m on track to swap these out into the other 5x5 on 3 weeks then which would be great timing. Probably 4 weeks though.

Environment is great.

IMG_0269.jpeg

It been up closer to 32c which was giving a VPD bit higher 1.7-1.8. Had the doors open for their second watering of the day. They still like to drink. I need to check the flow rate of the Netafim Netbows to see what 8 minutes teice a day equates to in litres. My guess is anout 1.5l twice a day. Its half pot sized.

That’s it for now. Hopefully it gets really boring from here on out.

It needs to sit in the room/tent and has no hose connectors?
Yeah it has a 15L drainage tank and a outlet for a pipe. We’re going to use for drying first. Eventually it will go downstairs and run humidity for all 4 tents. Then the pipe will drain out. Indoor we have a 25-30L polystyrene box we use to drain into.
Some beefy looking buds in that forest Nick!
Thanks for stopping by Stunger! Yeah some of those colas are the biggest ai think we’ve grown. Looking awesome to my humble eyes 😂 4 new strains to try too!

Nick

IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0264.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg

Day #82
Day #42 Since Flip
Day #40 Flower

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 of Weekly 31st January
Stage #11 The Chunkening 8th January
Stage #12 The Chuckening Taper 17th January

So they’re slowing up, the big bud growth spurt has finish. But plenty of time to go. 15 days until the window opens for any of them. Potentially means I’m on track to swap these out into the other 5x5 on 3 weeks then which would be great timing. Probably 4 weeks though.

Environment is great.

IMG_0269.jpeg

It been up closer to 32c which was giving a VPD bit higher 1.7-1.8. Had the doors open for their second watering of the day. They still like to drink. I need to check the flow rate of the Netafim Netbows to see what 8 minutes teice a day equates to in litres. My guess is anout 1.5l twice a day. Its half pot sized.

That’s it for now. Hopefully it gets really boring from here on out.

Yeah it has a 15L drainage tank and a outlet for a pipe. We’re going to use for drying first. Eventually it will go downstairs and run humidity for all 4 tents. Then the pipe will drain out. Indoor we have a 25-30L polystyrene box we use to drain into.

Thanks for stopping by Stunger! Yeah some of those colas are the biggest ai think we’ve grown. Looking awesome to my humble eyes 😂 4 new strains to try too!

Nick
Looking good mate

Thanks buddy. I’m pretty happy for my first go in a 5x5. Room for improvement in my sophomore grow though….

Hi Jon! 👋

🤣
Did you end up getting the controller for that light yet?
And how do you think the UV has contributed to your grow?

I was messaging with the light people yesterday. I need to order by Friday because of Chinese New Year and not sure yet. I’d get the controller then. Nit sure I need it. I run wverything at max anyway 🤣

Re: UV. Its hard to say. This is actually a lot of space for me to able to work with compared to some of our usual grows and so each plant has got way more personal attention from me. So we have 12 ladies with real big nugs. We’ve been running max UV for weeks now. I think like many of these things there’s no pure test. Grows are too analogue and even the numbers we grow its still small sample size.

However, I have 4 Mim x OP here and 4 upstairs. Plus an Ayahuasca Purple here and 6 upstairs. Comparing test results probably the best comparison. UV its claimed improves potency. Yield isn’t fair because these could have gone bigger with more headroom. The pot size doesn’t bother me.

It’ll give them sunburn real quick they get too close other than that I don't see any downside but I can’t claim to have seen any obvious upside to it either, yet.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom