Northern Lights In A Hempy Bucket - Flowering

Re: Northern lights in a hempy bucket*flowering*

Some new shots as of today.

20120604_161856.jpg

20120604_162650.jpg

Thanks again for looking.

Wow bro those babies are beautiful, I'm currently growing some NL aswell and my buds haven't filled up as much as yours. Great work
Thanks. Are yours from Royal Queen? I'm curious. Is it a soil grow?

mortimer said:
Thanks. Are yours from Royal Queen? I'm curious. Is it a soil grow?

Mine are from marijuana seeds NL, and I'm growing in fox farm ocean forest with the full line of nutes in a 3 gallon pot. There's a few reasons mine didn't turn out all of which are my fault but atleast its a learning experience.

Looking really good.

Thanks. Closing in. Watching trichs and continuing the routine for at least another week before I begin to flush. Looking like it will be a great finish. Hoping for some super dank. Anyone out there with NL experience?

Apparently not. I have not had the best of luck with these journals but, alas, I continue on. At least with this one, my last for awhile. As of today I noticed lots of frostiness and milky trichs but no amber ones anywhere. So I will keep letting it go for another week or so and check again. Getting very anxious and impatient. Nugs are sticky and stinky. They are so fat and heavy, they are bending the stems over a bit. Here now are some pictures as of today. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

20120608_141308.jpg

20120608_140538.jpg

So I noticed that my plant is leaning. Like bad. At first I thought it was the heavy buds but the whole plant is leaning. After some thought I deduced that I flooded my plant too rapidly during the last flushing and caused the large chunk perlite to rise and float. I read about this once before but never had it happen-until yesterday. When the perlite floated, the whole plant floated as well. As water gushes out the hole near the bottom, the perlite falls again and settles. But apparently as the plant floated and came to settle the rootball must have settled crooked, thus causing the plant to lean. I flush again tomorrow and will do the same thing;rapidly flush the bucket and when the plant floats I will try to straighten it out. I am so ready for this to be over. Mostly cuz I'm out of weed.

those buds are looking pretty fat! i havent smoked northern lights in years.. i may consider that and your pictures when ordering my next batch of seeds =]

Thanks driftme. Yes this will be a stellar grow when all is said and done. She's fat, a little sticky and and very stinky. Got a little sweet smell when I gently touched one of the lower budlings. I finally broke down and snipped a little bud from one of those lower branches and will test this weekend. Trichs on it were mostly cloudy while a few were still clear. The main cola has FINALLY showed some amber (although not very much) and will take another good look in the next few days. Most of the fan leaves have yellowed and browned and some hairs have turned so I know she is getting oh so very close. Trying hard to resist the very strong urge to chop chop. Tomorrow will be 10 weeks on this one. Gave one last feeding yesterday and will flush from here on out. Also I managed to upright the plant so it doesn't tilt so much now. Hey thanks for looking. I will post more pics soon.

Lately I have been sorta whining about not having any weed left and threating to cut my Northern Lights down a tad early cuz I needs sum weed. Then I remembered I do have a jar of clippings. Some of these clippings go back a couple of years from assorted plants I have grown from my recent blueberry himalayan diesel and ez ryder to my greatest grow to date, the devastating white rhino. I decided to make hash so began the tedious task of grinding but wasn't getting enuff kief fast enough so I took some of the ground up weed mixture and smoked a bowl. Bazinga! Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier but there ya go. It will definetly keep me occupied while I wait out these final days. Gotta bout an oz of those clippings. Wasnt real tasty but it wasn't harsh either. As far as my palnt goes it still has'nt shown much in the way of amber trichs yet but LOTS of very cloudy ones. BTW that little lower budling that I was going to try this weekend didn't quite make it till now. I had it a couple of days ago and it was VERY good. Caught me off guard for sure. Kinda sweet taste and mild and made me want to take a nap. Could be in for some real couch lock with this plant. Thanks for looking. In a minute I will post a updated photo from tonite.

This is my leaning tower of pot. Not a great picture in terms of orientation. Looks I just held my phone crooked so I drew an arrow to clarify the position. I will try to take a better picture later today. It has officially become a bitch to handle. Perhaps my 2.5 gallon bucket is not big enough. Perhaps I should have used the smaller, more compact perlite instead of the large chunk. Its very difficult to hold onto when removing from the closet. I tried to secure the branches with some rubber bands but may have to use string. Buds are very big and VERY heavy. That sorta eerie glow in the buds that this strain is known for is becoming more apparent. Wish I could take a good picture of that. Its kinda weird looking. Its supposed to get a good flushing later today so I will again look at the trichs. I have a jewlers loupe and the radio shack mini microscope. For me the loupe at 30x is still not quite strong enough and the radio shack one is very difficult to use. I have a canon t3i so I should take a macro shot and see if that shows the trichs better. Well thanks again for looking.

leaning615.jpg

Wow man, nice and thick. How long have you been in flower? My NL has about 2 weeks, and has that glow your talking about. Wish mine looked as good as yours

Wow man, nice and thick. How long have you been in flower? My NL has about 2 weeks, and has that glow your talking about. Wish mine looked as good as yours

I believe its been around 6 weeks or so. Have been flushing for a week now. Just checked trichs again and still not seeing too much of amberness accept on the main cola I guess. I tried taking a macro shot with my Canon but it didnt turn out in any great detail. Anyone know of a better way than the loupe or Radio Shack microscope? I think there is one you can hook up to the computer. I always get worried this part of the grow. Don't want to go too long but want to really nail it at its prime peakness. Tough for me though. Thanks for looking.

mortimer said:
I believe its been around 6 weeks or so. Have been flushing for a week now. Just checked trichs again and still not seeing too much of amberness accept on the main cola I guess. I tried taking a macro shot with my Canon but it didnt turn out in any great detail. Anyone know of a better way than the loupe or Radio Shack microscope? I think there is one you can hook up to the computer. I always get worried this part of the grow. Don't want to go too long but want to really nail it at its prime peakness. Tough for me though. Thanks for looking.

I'm at seven weeks and with my loupe everything looks clear still. There supposed to be 7 to 10 weeks from my breeder so we will see. You going to do another NL next or switch it up

Love that monster plant, curious to see the final weight of that main cola beast.
Hope to get as many trichs on my Northern Lights as yours.
I have used the radio shack mini microscope and got my best view when I placed
my leaf on a dark surface(dark wood or black paper).
Hoping for many amber trichs for you.
Good luck

Yeah thanks for that tip. I will try that later today and see. I'm going to take several little leaf snippets from different areas just to see what difference they show if any. I'm also planning to tie some of these leaning branches...its making me kinda nervous. Thanks for looking and I'll continue to watch ur grow NL. Looks great so far.

Well I tried my Radio Shack microscope against the black background with little snippets from different areas. Good lighting is the key to seeing the trichs thoroughly. It does in fact work a lot better and sure enough I found my amber trichs. Of course, for the most part, they were on the main cola. Some of the lower ones showed a very few amber trichs but based on what I saw I will aim for next weekend to harvest. Of course I will check the trichs again in a day or so. In the meantime, I continue to flush and will go lights out around Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom