Old Bones - New Grow

OldBones420

(July 8, 2010) I am beginning my 1st grow since coming here to SoCal. I ordered 5 White Russian auto flowering feminized seeds but they never got here. Got the envelope they were supposed to come in...but no beans for Daddy. So I went to a friend of mine growing the same thing and asked him to hook a brother up...and he did. Gave me 5 of his White Russian seeds (auto flowering AND feminized). So I began with the following:

1) 5 auto flowering White Russian feminized seeds
2) 5 2 gallon nursery pots
3) Scotts Moisture Control Premium Potting Soil
4) a 2 lb. bag of Mexican Desert Bat Guano from Stealth Hydroponics
5) and about 5 gallons of water
6) a small bottle of Superthrive

day_1_002_256.jpg

day_1_004_256.jpg

day_1_006_256.jpg

day_1_007_256.jpg

day_1_009_256.jpg

I mixed the Mexican Desert Bat Guano in with the Scotts Moisture Control Premium Potting Soil and flushed it really well. I then waited for it to drain well for a few hours and put my beans in. I did notice after watering that much of the water that drained out into the "saucers" below, was very dark in color and I am betting that it is chock full of nutes :morenutes:. So I saved it and will use it later for watering. I am expecting some really good results here...everyone keep your fingers crossed. I am done for the day...gonna go smoke a bowl. :peacetwo:

Re: Old Bones...New Grow

It has been very hazey here in the San Diego area...I hope that won't affect my babies. I mean it's not like they are getting a lot of direct sunlight...oh well, we'll see one way or another.

Ok...it's been 7 days since I plated those seeds my buddy gave me. Out of 5, 4 popped thru the soil. Each showing about an inch of growth.

7_days_002_256.jpg

Pretty healthy looking too.

7_days_008_256.jpg

I am happy with the growth as of 7 days.

7_days_001_256.jpg

Bad thing is...of the 4 that popped up...I am down to now 3 because today on day 7 I wake to find one of the babies had been pulled up (roots and all) and placed into another planter...just sort of laid accross. So I quickly replanted it and watered using a lite Superthrive-water mix. The remaining 3 got just water. Maybe an animal tried to eat one of my girls...not sure.

Oh well...let's hope for the best. I'm gonna go smoke a bowl. Everyone have a green day.
:bong:

Sorry about the plant fatality! Sounds great so far though! You plan on all natural light or are you bringing them inside for artificial 24/0 or 18/6?

SG

Sorry about the plant fatality! Sounds great so far though! You plan on all natural light or are you bringing them inside for artificial 24/0 or 18/6?

SG

Thanxxx SG...It might not be time for a burial just yet. Superthrive has worked wonders for me before. Yea..I am doing all natural sunlight for this grow. My next is gonna be in a grow box I am constructing. I am thinking very seriously about going with Deep Water Culture for my next grow...or maybe the one after that. Kind of depends on my budget...:rollit:

Well DWC is not all that bad if you check my grow out my buckets are just the standard 3 gal. with 6" mesh tops, then I drilled 2 x 1/4" in each bucket for the air stones. So two air stones per bucket and each set has its own large Eco-Plus air pump. All together the buckets with the hydrotron, stones, tubing, and pump was under 100$. Plus check out the DIY section amazing stuff in there!

SG

Well DWC is not all that bad if you check my grow out my buckets are just the standard 3 gal. with 6" mesh tops, then I drilled 2 x 1/4" in each bucket for the air stones. So two air stones per bucket and each set has its own large Eco-Plus air pump. All together the buckets with the hydrotron, stones, tubing, and pump was under 100$. Plus check out the DIY section amazing stuff in there!

SG

I actually have done a DWC before but screwed the grow up. There are so many variables with nutes and such...I got a little scared off from doing hydro. But so many people are using Deep Water Culture from Stealth Hydro with success...I might give it another shot...:peace:

OldBones, Make your own res. it's easy and a hell of a lot cheaper ! There are a few tutorials on 420 here. Just look em up you'l save money and feel better about doing it yourself .. :peace:

OldBones, Make your own res. it's easy and a hell of a lot cheaper ! There are a few tutorials on 420 here. Just look em up you'l save money and feel better about doing it yourself .. :peace:

Agreed. :rollit:

SG

I am in complete agreement ol hippy and SanibelGreen...I'll do just that. Give me a good home project I can start soon. But right now I'm gonna go smoke a bowl of White Widow and spend some quiet time with my wife...:yahoo:

Thanxxx yall !
:bong:

Hey...quick question. Has anyone ever used an "AeroGarden" with an autoflower grow. The hype is great about the AeroGarden product...and auto's would fit just right. But I want to hear from someone with experience.

I have seen it done on youtube but it still barely fits, and that was just one. A small light like 250 HPS or a big t5 could flower the heall outta those thing :)

SG

Ok OB,

I found you. Aero head...lol. Yes we are playing with the AeroGarden. Check my thread title "AeroGarden An Incomplete Guide to Growing" I also started my grow journal with all the equipment I'll be using. The journal is titled...wait, wait for it...."AeroGarden An Incomplete Guide to Growing First AeroGarden Grow Journal"...lol...enjoy.

Ok OB,

I found you. Aero head...lol. Yes we are playing with the AeroGarden. Check my thread title "AeroGarden An Incomplete Guide to Growing" I also started my grow journal with all the equipment I'll be using. The journal is titled...wait, wait for it...."AeroGarden An Incomplete Guide to Growing First AeroGarden Grow Journal"...lol...enjoy.

Thanxxx my friend...I'm gonna read it tonight.:peace:

OK...here we go with the report. It is day 14 since the beans went into the soil. I am down to 3 ladies...but only 2 look strong and healthy (better than just 1).
day_14_001_256.jpg

This 1st girl looks pretty healthy at 14 days old...
day_14_004_256.jpg

...and here's a top view of her...
day_14_005_256.jpg

...and here is my weakling...
day_14_013_256.jpg

and with these damned overcast skies just about everyday...
day_14_014_256.jpg

my girls are not getting all the light they need.

I am seriously thinking about building a box to put them in and put my cfl's on them 18/6. But I am unsure about what effect it will have on them going from natural light to artificial. Anyone with any thoughts feel free to chime in. Other than that, I am watering with a weak SuperThrive / tap water mix once a week...and rotating them each day so they all get as much light as they can get.

I will post again in 7 days...yall stay baked !
:tokin:

3 is better than none like you said, but building a box is a good idea always up to the grower :)

SG

Yea...to be honest, I started on the frame yesterday. Gonna go to Home Depot and get some plywood today. I have 3 Dual Spectrum 65 High Output Fluorescent Bulbs from Stealth Hydro (2 in veg and 1 in bloom) that I can put on them...but I don't know how that will effect them going from natural sunlight to artificial light. Guess I'm gonna find out though...cause San Diego is overcast and gloomy.:yummy:

OK...so here we are boys and girls at day 21. I am down to 2 ladies but they are healthy and I am happy.

SEE_NOW_023_256.jpg

Nice I think...
SEE_NOW_024_256.jpg

So far...so good...

SEE_NOW_028_256.jpg

Anyway...it has been pretty gloomy every morning and my girls don't see the sunlight until around 11 AM...then it's gone by 7 PM. I am about finished with my grow cab...just need a few more fans. I am still wondering what will happen to my girls if I introduce them to 8500 lumen cfl's on a 20/4 cycle after they are used to the natural sunlight for only 8 hours...:hmmmm:

Tune in next week for more...same bud-time...same bud channel ! :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom