Old Timer's 1st Grow in 16 Years

Well ive found a quick but temporary fix i just used another wardrobe and put two of the plants that didn't give off any smell in there as my stealth cab has ventilation to the outside of the house.

Goodolddays, the plants are looking great! Nice and healthy. If your plants are at the 30 day mark, they should be showing signs of sex in the next 2 weeks or so. If you can use your temporary fix until then, I think it would be easier than trying to take cuttings and put them into 12/12.

:peace:

Looks like you could pot them up a size for the next few weeks, then again before flower, or do like Rek is suggesting and go taller.....Remember KISS.....Keep It Simple

Hey Goodolddays,

So why are you reluctant to taking cuttings right now and then discover the sex of your plants in 8-10 days? It's a small hassle to cut and plant clones in a clone box. And if you cut and then flip to 12/12 right away, you're timing will be perfect. By the time your clones start to show roots, the mothers will show their sex. So you will know which clones to keep and which clones to toss before you have to plant them in a larger pot.

That's the way I've always done it because that's the way that's most expedient to me. In fact, I just took clones from 6 plants last week and after flipping to 12/12, I'm waiting to see if I have any females.

That's the most exciting part of growing to me. Finding ladies and watching your clones show roots.

Good luck. Hope they're all females.

Hey Goodolddays,

So why are you reluctant to taking cuttings right now and then discover the sex of your plants in 8-10 days? It's a small hassle to cut and plant clones in a clone box. And if you cut and then flip to 12/12 right away, you're timing will be perfect. By the time your clones start to show roots, the mothers will show their sex. So you will know which clones to keep and which clones to toss before you have to plant them in a larger pot.

That's the way I've always done it because that's the way that's most expedient to me. In fact, I just took clones from 6 plants last week and after flipping to 12/12, I'm waiting to see if I have any females.

That's the most exciting part of growing to me. Finding ladies and watching your clones show roots.

Good luck. Hope they're all females.

Hi Greatlakes...its about space im limited to 2 plants really in length and width of my cabinet once there in the bigger pots as you can see by the photo but head room i can grow another 10 inches.. I plan to make a flowering cabinet too.
enough_space_for_two.jpg

Looks like you could pot them up a size for the next few weeks, then again before flower, or do like Rek is suggesting and go taller.....Remember KISS.....Keep It Simple

Hi OG13..Ive re potted in larger pots, hopefully i can go through flowering without having to re pot again, as soon as i know the sex ill flower all the girls and keep a mother for clones then just clone and veg for 4 weeks and flower.
repotting1.jpg

Goodolddays, the plants are looking great! Nice and healthy. If your plants are at the 30 day mark, they should be showing signs of sex in the next 2 weeks or so. If you can use your temporary fix until then, I think it would be easier than trying to take cuttings and put them into 12/12.

:peace:

Hi ConqueringLOJ... So ive read conflicting forums about plants showing there sex in veg but i feel your right and i should wait a few more weeks to be sure, the future plan is to get rid of the males and free up some space then keep a mother and clone it and only veg for 4 weeks in future as crop yield is not top priority for me... thanks for the advice.

Well I've never had a cannabis plant show it's sex while vegging. I thought that was strictly the domain of auto flowering strains. Otherwise how do you keep mothers? You need to flip the light cycle to trigger it all.

My only suggestion for your space is to look for square pots, 1.5 gallons in size. I don't know if you have them where you live but I bought some from my hydro store and they're the perfect solution for tight spaces. They're skinny but tall square pots. Good luck.

Well not much happening so far no pre flowers 5 days after going 12/12 so here are a few more photos while i wait for my pre flowers !!!

oh yea i now have a 150w MH light for flowering set up
under_HM_light.jpg

MH 150w light
MH_150w.jpg

these 3 plants are not giving of any smell yet so there in the non ventilated cupboard
under_fluros.jpg

Ok so ive been growing under 2 x 36w floodlights since the start and a week ago i switched to 12/12 and 2 days ago i put 2 of the plants under a 150w HM light and in 2 days they looked like this
leaf_curl.jpg

and
under_Mh150w_light.jpg

and
too_much_heat.jpg

and hers a plant in the same soil mix under CFL light
under_CFL_same_soil_as_leaf_curl_plant.jpg

so im thinking nothing wrong in the soil department so it must of been the Mh light,properly too close but anyway im back to CFL floods again, i think they will be ok just give them some time.

12 days into flowering and i think ive spotted a male or two so here are the pics let me know what you all think ok
can_you_tell_4.jpg
can_you_tell_3.jpg
can_you_tell_2.jpg
can_you_tell.jpg

good news is if they are males they where the 2 plants i put under MH light and burnt them by having not enough ventilation and the light was too close to the plants lol

Thanks Rekles i will remove them from my cupboard and concentrate on the other 3 i have left, would be a real disappointment if they where all males !!

Back
Top Bottom